ZP lost its edge?

MintyFreshBreathGuy

Oct 10, 2008
I think he has gotten less funny, but that might be because the first day I saw his reviews I literally watched everyone of them 5 times. Also to might be I copy his fast paced, sarcastic speech all the time (because I grew up reading The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy, and whenever I make a joke I am sarcastic... in real life that is). I still watch his reviews mainly because I think we see eye to eye in terms of most games. And I say this because I have agreed with what he has said about every game I owned... that he has reviewed.

So here's my opinion. He's funny and you think he's brilliant the moment you see him. However if you watch too much he begins to seem less funny. "It's the does that makes the poison."

cuddly_tomato

Nov 12, 2008
Brokkr said:
This is a repeat thread. Someone creates a new one of these just about every other time that a ZP video comes out.
Yeah, unless his video praises a particular game.

ZP is ZP. It's an internet video, same as any on youtube or googlevids or anywhere else on the net. Nobody drags your mouse to it, then forces your finger to click on it. The only reason people can actually get upset by it is when he rips into a particular game which they are a fanboy of.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Kanashe said:
raxiv said:
Kanashe said:
Yes, yes it has. Your not the only one amigo, ZP has trully reached it's end. Let's face it, the jokes stopped being funny and became repetative/old matearil but with different pattersn slapped on it. Yahtzee himselfe went from a reviewer to a simple ranting troll who has an ego the size of Germany.
Inb4 flame.

I think its not as fresh as before, that's true. But taking the credit away from Yahtzee's work is a no. Look how many people enjoy him every week.
Because most of thoes people are brain dead sheep, who follow Yahtzee's every word like some calling of 'God'. I mean there is a difference between a joke and bad humor, and Yahztee is now despalying what horrible humor he has developed. I'll agree that in the begining SOME of his jokes were funny an witty, but they burened out.
Why is it every times someone disagreed with one group, they are automatically classed as "Blind sheep"? Maybe some people still enjoy it as humour.

Arionis

Oct 19, 2008
Sennz0r said:
Doesn't matter to me. It's still funny from time to time. Besides the rest of the Escapist is far more interesting, and I thank ZP for introducing me to that.
Agree in whole.

Gamer137

Jun 7, 2008
It stopped getting beter after the GTAIV review. I think that was the last one that made my lungs want to explode. I don't think it is getting worse, it is just staying the same. It's still great, but not as "epic" as it used to be. A few good jokes here and there, but not as many.

The_Prophet

Sep 3, 2008
No, ZP was awesome and still is awesome. I don't understand why are you saying that it's lost it's edge. In every episode Yahtzee comes up with something new and funny

SickCuchulainn

Aug 17, 2008
I think it's more a case of getting used to the show, really - we all know the sort of thing to expect from Yahtzee now.

Still very much a fan though - it's a long way from skipping over the selachimorph yet IMO.

kommando367

Oct 9, 2008
i assuming either he's atempting to make people steadily lose their standards and pull off a good review in the near future so everyone will be like hooray or something. or he's going insane

Symp4thy

Jan 7, 2009
Was it just me, or was his accent thicker in this week's ZP?

EDIT: Scratch that. I got my answer below.

J-Man

Nov 2, 2008
I think while he's hilarious, his reviews are now inaccurate. He simply slates every game, because it's funnier than lauding it.

Aardvark

Sep 9, 2008
fish food carl said:
To put it strongly, the mods have left the veteran Escapists in favour of this tidal wave of idiocy. Am I alone in these thoughts?
That's just part of the standard forum life-cycle. Forums start off in the larval stage, crawling around the internet, consuming whatever tidbits they can find, growing slowly around a core group of devoted followers, many of whom are refugees from other forums. Then it usually undergoes a chrysalis stage, usually a revamp of sorts or a change in direction, possibly a declaration of direction. After that, they hatch into the butterfly stage, where suddenly you have people the world over who start flocking there for stimulating conversation in the general theme of the forum. Finally, you have the torn apart by jackals stage, where your beautiful butterfly, after reaching a critical mass and going from mild snack to juicy meal, is attacked by wild, retarded jackals, with a failing command of the English language. Said internet weenises and other assorted tards are attracted to the forum, like maggots to carrion, slowly eating away the core values and causing the old-timers, those few who came to be a part of something beautiful, to flee to other larval forums.

Cheesebob

Oct 31, 2008
If you watch somthing alot, you are more likely to find it boring after the first 5 or 6 times.

Jesus, he isn't losing his edge, you are getting used to his reviews and thus getting bored of it

Zetona

Dec 20, 2008
It's not that Yahtzee's jokes have gotten old, it's that his style remains generally the same, so the jokes aren't quite as funny. When he mixes things up, like he did with the RSA accent in his Far Cry 2 review, he's still very funny. He just needs to try and keep things fresh.

Kanashe

May 8, 2008
JimmyBassatti said:
Kanashe said:
Yes, yes it has. Your not the only one amigo, ZP has truly reached it's end. Let's face it, the jokes stopped being funny and became repetitive/old material but with different patterns slapped on it. Kanashe himself went from a reviewer to a simple ranting troll who has an ego the size of Germany.
I am not defending Yahtzee, he can defend himself, he's a big boy.
But your the troll if you come to this thread just to bash him.
Also, you need to learn to spell check.
I did it for you
The bold words [except for your name] are the correct spellings of each.
Also, I am not a troll.
Alright...So...I'm a troll...For calling yahtzee a troll, even tough he is one now. Alright...Fine...I'm a troll then. I actually liked Yahztee in the past, but when I tried the game he called shit, I realised, how wrong he was and how much he lied. Calling me a 'troll' just because I think the guy stopped being funny and went from a reviewer to a troll...Is kinda fanboish