CNN Insider admits hyping death toll of Covid to drive ratings.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
I've been going to the bar every Friday maskless for ~year, hanging with friends 2-3 times a week just like normal, did all the holidays, even last Easter. You think I got a horse in this race that I want everything to go back to normal? I've been back to normal for nearly a year.
Huh, I wonder why this pandemic has dragged on so long...

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
Huh, I wonder why this pandemic has dragged on so long...
And I haven't gotten anyone sick the entire time, just follow basic science (immunity after infection).

Funny how Indiana is doing almost basically the same as Illinois (deaths per capita) when you can do everything I was doing for basically a year in Indiana and you couldn't do so in Illinois. I'm currently in Crawsfordsville Indiana and like no one wears masks here, not even the employees at the chain restaurants like Subway or even the hotel.

Now look at the difference in small business closures in Illinois vs Indiana.

Last edited:

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
And I haven't gotten anyone sick the entire time, just follow basic science (immunity after infection).
No, but you might have got infected and passed it to others. Which you'd know was a potential risk had you followed the basic science properly.

Reactions: Buyetyen

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
No, but you might have got infected and passed it to others. Which you'd know was a potential risk had you followed the basic science properly.
I know I got infected at least once since and didn't pass it on to anyone. I had the faintest of fevers (I was ever-so-slightly chilly and my skin wasn't cold and a bit warm even) one Monday night (just wrote it off due to it being like the first chilly week in the fall) and worked in the same room 8 hours a day for 3 days with 5 other guys and no one got sick. On Wednesday night (after the 3rd day of work), a friend messaged saying a guy we played board games with all day Sunday got sick the next day (along with his co-workers) and that made that almost unnoticeable fever make sense (I probably wouldn't have even noticed it but I was on the road in a hotel room by myself). And, yeah, he had covid for sure as I found out a week later. Mind you, the time I did get infected the 1st time I didn't come into work based on the fact that I had a NORMAL temperature in the morning. We were taking our temperatures and recording them every morning at that time (the very start of the pandemic in the US) and my normal temperature in the mornings was like 95 degrees and that Friday it was 98 degrees and I called off because of that. I ended up getting a cough, body aches, and a continued slight fever over the next 4 days. That day I called off I was going to give an immune compromised person a laptop to work from home so I am careful when it makes sense to be careful.

Again and again and again, I don't know how many times I gotta repeat stuff; IT'S IMPOSSIBLE TO HAVE ZERO RISK. Even if literally everyone in the world got vaccinated, there is a still risk. There's a very high percentage that a person who has been infected or vaccinated that will not transmit the virus if they get it again. That's how it normally works for most viruses, it's nothing new. There wasn't ZERO RISK before the pandemic, why are you expecting ZERO RISK after the pandemic? If society deemed you can only do things that are ZERO RISK, there'd be a bunch of normal shit that would be illegal, kids probably couldn't ride bikes or go to the park (I'm sure at least one kid has died on a bike and at the park playing). People nowhere pause their lives over some extremely small chance something bad will happen or else you wouldn't drive to work or go outside in a thunderstorm. These standards are not feasible for society to function. It's like the concept of acceptable risk completely disappeared.

Eacaraxe

Elite Member
Legacy
May 28, 2020
Country
United States
...I'm currently in Crawsfordsville Indiana...
And this is where you fucked up.

Because guess who else on the forums lives in Indiana.

Interesting you neglected to mention Indiana had a mask mandate for eight months, which I'll admit a bunch of dumbfuck yokels promptly ignored because "muh freedom" to the predictable outcome of having comparable case and death rates to a state with twice the population, higher population density, and less-even distribution of that population. All of which you conveniently omitted from your cunning analysis, because good golly gee, how might population density and distribution impact the spread and impact of a virus after all?

Indiana's population density is 186.8 residents per square mile, almost entirely concentrated in Indy, Gary, South Bend, and Fort Wayne. Compared to IL's 229.5 residents per square mile, heavily concentrated in Chicago. Just to clear that up.

Meanwhile, in reality COVID cases in Indiana have surged since Holcomb let the mask mandate expire. Another neat little factoid you omitted in your cunning analysis of "nobody's wearing masks around here!".

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
I don't live in Indiana (I live in Illinois), I'm here for work. Tomorrow I'll be in Lafayette and Logansport. Next week, I'll be in Mooresville then Carmel (the city that has the most roundabouts in the US no joke) the next week, then I'll be in Indy for a month.

I never said Indiana didn't have a mask mandate, I said I didn't wear masks at the bar because no one wears masks at the bar (you can't drink and eat with a mask on). And the bar I go to is in Lake County, possibly the "bluest" part of Indiana (that or Indy). It has the sign that says masks required as a formality but the employees don't even wear masks.

You mean Indiana had a slight uptick in cases like basically the entire country around Easter (and all the previous holidays) regardless of mask mandates or not? Texas lifted all restrictions March 10th and their cases went down. As you can see with all of Illinois restrictions, their curve almost exactly matches Indiana's curve with far less restrictions.

Also why don't you answer my previous questions like why hasn't their been mass reinfections if immunity is short-lived? Or if the variants are so dangerous and stopping herd immunity from ever occurring, why aren't vaccinated people getting mass infected with the variants?

1619753711471.png
1619753725952.png

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
I know I got infected <snip>...
You think you might have had a fever, no indication from what cause, and the rest is therefore a load of bullshit conjecture.

Again and again and again, I don't know how many times I gotta repeat stuff; IT'S IMPOSSIBLE TO HAVE ZERO RISK.
This truism does not excuse you selfishly making other people's risk higher.

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
Again and again and again, I don't know how many times I gotta repeat stuff; IT'S IMPOSSIBLE TO HAVE ZERO RISK.
Why should I go to shelter when there's a tornado outside? It's impossible to have zero risk.
Why should I wear a condom when having anonymous sex? It's impossible to have zero risk.
Why should I thoroughly put out my campfires during fire season? It's impossible to have zero risk.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
You think you might have had a fever, no indication from what cause, and the rest is therefore a load of bullshit conjecture.

This truism does not excuse you selfishly making other people's risk higher.
There was clear indication of a cause...

Doing human things that humans require to be healthy inherently puts other people at risk. It's called acceptable risk. Should you feel bad that when you have a birthday party or family dinner during the holidays (pre or post covid) that you're putting other people at risk for having friends and family come over? Covid is not the only thing that risks other people's health.

The all-or-nothing fallacy is probably one of the biggest burrs under my saddle right now. It's such a chickenshit excuse to sit on your ass and do nothing.
There's acceptable risk. You don't use the same policy against something that is a 1 in a 100 chance for something that is a 1 in a million shot and vice verse. It's "OK" to do something when it falls within society's acceptable risk. Are you not going to let your kid play at the park because they could possibly die in a freak accident or your kid could cause another kid to die in a freak accident? Kids throwing rocks or playing with fire is unacceptable risk while playing at the park is acceptable risk. Covid is far from the only thing that affects the health and safety of others and there's tons of things we do everyday that increases the risks of others around us.

The argument is not "why not do whatever the fuck you want because there's no such thing as no risk?" It's if you worry about such minute risk, you can't live a content and healthy life and society as a whole can't function either. Did we all live at home not interacting with people before covid because of the flu? The flu kills people and it even kills kids at a higher rate. Why do we even have schools then? Because not having schools is worse overall compared to the harm the flu causes.

Why should I go to shelter when there's a tornado outside? It's impossible to have zero risk.
Why should I wear a condom when having anonymous sex? It's impossible to have zero risk.
Why should I thoroughly put out my campfires during fire season? It's impossible to have zero risk.
The argument is not "why not do whatever the fuck you want because there's no such thing as no risk?" It's if you worry about such minute risk, you can't live a content and healthy life and society as a whole can't function either. Did we all live at home not interacting with people before covid because of the flu? The flu kills people and it even kills kids at a higher rate. Why do we even have schools then? Because not having schools is worse overall compared to the harm the flu causes.

Last edited:

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States

Half a million *extra* people in the United States are dead in one year because of this "minute risk". Millions worldwide. Plenty of them wouldn't be dead if it weren't for the "human sacrifice pleases the line" folks.

There's acceptable risk and there's "don't be a fucking moron" risk. But then, I *probably* wouldn't kill anybody by driving 90 in a school zone, so might as well.

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
There's acceptable risk. You don't use the same policy against something that is a 1 in a 100 chance for something that is a 1 in a million shot and vice verse.
Given the rate of infection and death from this thing, to say nothing of the long-term effects it can have on survivors, I would say the "1 in a million" figure is being pulled out of somebody's ass.

Covid is far from the only thing that affects the health and safety of others and there's tons of things we do everyday that increases the risks of others around us.
That you never question any of it says nothing positive about you.

1619954436225.png

Reactions: BrawlMan

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
I actually don't support any political party in that way.

I thought Trump was the better choice over Hillary, but I would have rather seen Bernie win if given the choice.

I do think that Trump was treated unfairly, and people based opinions on him off nonsense and lies for a lot of it.

And i think Trump was the better choice over Biden 100%. As the boarder crisis and hypocritical nonsense is crazy bad right now.
Agreed and politics are seemingly an awful necessity of humanity, but for fun let’s get hypothetical -

One has to wonder what he would ever stand to gain by making such a statement. Certainly the risks of ostracism far outweigh anything else at this point. Whatever the case, we’re told this virus, however anomalous or prevalent it has been in nature, surfaced in some third world wet market, miraculously making the jump from animal to humans, and of all times on the eve of an election year. A year that saw Trump as having an arguably better chance of getting re-elected than he had being elected in the first place. Even after his opponents failed to convict him on the Russia scandal, and also failed with the impeachment efforts, or any other media-influenced attempts at derailment in between.

Then the virus hits and chaos ensues from all angles. Trump doesn’t do himself any favors on certain decisions or comments, but he also wasn’t granted any when it might have mattered. Biden naturally hammered him with COVID death totals throughout the debates, mail-in voting was implemented due to the enforced nationwide lockdowns, had power players backing him and the rest is pretty much history. Hell even Bernie basically predicted the outcome. Whether or not fraud was involved is beside the point (Will we ever know the motive behind the Nashville bombing, and was an audit ever officially conducted?). Hollywood literally couldn’t make this shit up lol.

Regardless of any crap about Obama once visiting a Wuhan lab, it certainly wouldn’t look good for Trump’s opposition to allow any kind of admittance of foul play for political/power gain, because ultimately it would end up looking like they damned the whole world in order to spite one man. Far fetched, but on the other hand human history has an horrendous track record when people in charge in powerful places have only had to convince themselves it was for the greater good.

But ultimately no party could recover from the bad press that would surely follow. At best it would take generations and a reinvention of image and values.

Last edited:

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017

I mean I always said that people treated Trump unbelievably unfairly. The news constantly made shit up about him, the left called him racist for doing the exact same shit that they were trying to do in the first place "Who built the cages Joe?". The people in power fought him tooth and nail for every fucking thing that he tried to do for this country.

Yet during Trump, unemployment was at the lowest rate in recent history. The stock market hit new records. And top it all off with Trump didn't start any new wars, or even commit acts of agression. He successfully de-escalated the Iran attack last Janurary, he called off a military strike after theyshot down one of our unmanned drones. How many other presidents tried to make peace with N. Korea and met with Kim Jun Il or whatever the fuck his name is? How many other presidents tried to keep peace with Russia in the forefront? How many presidents stood up against China to get jobs back into American workplaces? Trump also took zero corporate cash influence, nor did his kids. There were even reports that the people AROUND Trump would take the bribes to spy on Trump for the corporations because Trump refused to let Corporate money influence him.

Trump must have been the least corrupt president we've ever had.

That's why the media hated him. China owns the media and he was fighting back against China and their bullshit.

Hell one might even wonder if COVID's "leak" from a Chinese lab, a direct result of China trying to fuck us all over because of Trump not willing to be bullied by them.

Nobody can provide a legit example of anything Trump did that was more henious than any other president and I would argue that Trump did less shit to fuck with us and our status in the world than any previous president.

But the SJW's and the left-wing media fucking HATED him and they hated him for the sole reason of him being Hilary and nothing else.

People can not like a policy and whatever from any given president, but Trump did not get fair criticism at all. He was demonized from moment one.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
I mean I always said that people treated Trump unbelievably unfairly. The news constantly made shit up about him, the left called him racist for doing the exact same shit that they were trying to do in the first place "Who built the cages Joe?". The people in power fought him tooth and nail for every fucking thing that he tried to do for this country.

Yet during Trump, unemployment was at the lowest rate in recent history. The stock market hit new records. And top it all off with Trump didn't start any new wars, or even commit acts of agression. He successfully de-escalated the Iran attack last Janurary, he called off a military strike after theyshot down one of our unmanned drones. How many other presidents tried to make peace with N. Korea and met with Kim Jun Il or whatever the fuck his name is? How many other presidents tried to keep peace with Russia in the forefront? How many presidents stood up against China to get jobs back into American workplaces? Trump also took zero corporate cash influence, nor did his kids. There were even reports that the people AROUND Trump would take the bribes to spy on Trump for the corporations because Trump refused to let Corporate money influence him.

Trump must have been the least corrupt president we've ever had.

That's why the media hated him. China owns the media and he was fighting back against China and their bullshit.

Hell one might even wonder if COVID's "leak" from a Chinese lab, a direct result of China trying to fuck us all over because of Trump not willing to be bullied by them.

Nobody can provide a legit example of anything Trump did that was more henious than any other president and I would argue that Trump did less shit to fuck with us and our status in the world than any previous president.

But the SJW's and the left-wing media fucking HATED him and they hated him for the sole reason of him being Hilary and nothing else.

People can not like a policy and whatever from any given president, but Trump did not get fair criticism at all. He was demonized from moment one.
It’s interesting to watch some of his interviews from the 80’s and 90’s (maybe even early 2000’s). He even went on Oprah. Everything turned with his announcement to run as Republican, and the comments on Illegals got somewhat twisted which only added fuel to stoke the flames. But amazingly he was still able build on this “rebellious” America first stance and run with it all the way to the Oval Office. In any case I recall getting most of my campaign “news” from no name average Joe opinions vs any corporate election sponsors, because it just sounded more interesting let alone honest. Outside of local settings you’d never know there were a lot of blacks, women, even LGBT for Trump if it wasn’t for YouTube.

Reactions: CriticalGaming

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
He was a person worth of demonisation.
Exhibit A.

It’s interesting to watch some of his interviews from the 80’s and 90’s (maybe even early 2000’s). He even went on Oprah. Everything turned with his announcement to run as Republican, and the comments on Illegals got somewhat twisted which only added fuel to stoke the flames. But amazingly he was still able build on this “rebellious” America first stance and run with it all the way to the Oval Office. In any case I recall getting most of my campaign “news” from no name average Joe opinions vs any corporate election sponsors, because it just sounded more interesting let alone honest. Outside of local settings you’d never know there were a lot of blacks, women, even LGBT for Trump if it wasn’t for YouTube.
Yeah it was a massive smear campaign from moment one.

The question I have for people, is now that they got a dude they like into the white house how they feel about it. Because Biden so far in four months has, bombed people, destroyed every sense of a border with Mexico that we had, and confused people about the COVID-19 vaccine as to it's effectiveness and safety leading to stupid people not wanting to get it at all. Even though Biden lied about not wanting to take the "Trump" vaccine, he ended up taking it in December. So when you lie to people about something being evil because it was Trump that ushered it in, you create distrust in the very group of people you are trying to save. And you are doing solely for power.

Every speech Biden talks shit about his "predecessor" something no president I've ever seen has ever done. As if Biden's inaction and inability to help is somehow Trump's fault. How? Trump's gone, you are the man now Joe, step up and do something about it instead of crying like a old bastard who desperately needs his morning fiber.

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
Every speech Biden talks shit about his "predecessor" something no president I've ever seen has ever done. As if Biden's inaction and inability to help is somehow Trump's fault. How? Trump's gone, you are the man now Joe, step up and do something about it instead of crying like a old bastard who desperately needs his morning fiber.
So, did you never listen to Trump, or did you not regard him as a president?

Because there seems to be quite some shit talking about his predecessor's administration in this bit.

And because Twitter is fucking obtuse when it comes to linking single Tweets, the bottom video is the one I wanted to link.

Reactions: Dalisclock