Old games you remember playing, but can't remember the name of

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Hope it's okay if my first post is in here. This has really been bothering me.

A friend lent me a game sometime between 1998 and 2001, but no idea how old it was at the time.
I'm about 99.9% sure that:
It was on PC.
It was a medival fantasy RPG similar to D&D but solo (no companions if I recall)
It was in the first person perspective
It focused heavily on overworld travel with a day/night cycle and hunger
It was incredibly hard (I believe one of the biggest issues was starvation while traveling)

And most importantly, I believe the game started with you waking up on a beach at the end of a long rut, as if you had crashed into it like a meteor.
Did it have 2d or 3d graphics? Like were the characters pixel or 3d?

Ndoki

May 5, 2021
Country
West Virginia
Did it have 2d or 3d graphics? Like were the characters pixel or 3d?
I honestly can't remember the characters, or even how the game looked. At this point it's more a feeling that might be blending into other old games. However, I don't recall seeing any models, but it doesn't seem to me like the type of game that would have them. Sorry I can't remember more.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I honestly can't remember the characters, or even how the game looked. At this point it's more a feeling that might be blending into other old games. However, I don't recall seeing any models, but it doesn't seem to me like the type of game that would have them. Sorry I can't remember more.
I mean it might be one of the ultima games or those old DND games. I know there were a few fps ones and they are the only ones that come to mind that would have a need to eat mechanic.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
It could have been one of the Might and Magic games, they did experiment with 3D around that timeframe.

Ndoki

May 5, 2021
Country
West Virginia
I mean it might be one of the ultima games or those old DND games. I know there were a few fps ones and they are the only ones that come to mind that would have a need to eat mechanic.
It could have been one of the Might and Magic games, they did experiment with 3D around that timeframe.
Thanks. I'll check them out.

Aspect

May 18, 2021
Country
Greece
So there's this old mobile game that I used to play like 5 years ago or so that I've been trying to find once again. I can't remember the name or its description, but I can remember a few details.

The game is set in a city, where you are controlling a single character.
It has a top-down view and has a storyline of sorts, or quests/missions at least.
You can drive cars and kill people for money, there is also police and stuff.
(i think) you can also enter some buildings.
The graphics were pretty old, but I can't remember if they were pixelated or not. I think they were only a little bit?
The camera does not rotate in any way, so there isn't anything 3D going on in that sense.
Overall it's faintly similar to a GTA game.

If I remember any more details I'll add them here.

Meximagician

Elite Member
Apr 5, 2014
Country
United States
So there's this old mobile game that I used to play like 5 years ago or so that I've been trying to find once again. I can't remember the name or its description, but I can remember a few details.

It has a top-down view and has a storyline of sorts, or quests/missions at least.
The graphics were pretty old, but I can't remember if they were pixelated or not. I think they were only a little bit?
The camera does not rotate in any way, so there isn't anything 3D going on in that sense.

Could that have been any of these:
Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars
Car Jack Streets
Retro City Rampage: DX
Payback (this game has two versions, 3d and 2d, check the screenshots)

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009

It could have also been one of the old GTA games.

Aspect

May 18, 2021
Country
Greece

Anyone else got any other ideas about this ^?

thedkm

Jul 24, 2014
Ok, I've got a long shot for you guys. This is an old dos/windows 95 game game. I don't remember which os I played this in, probably dos though. It puts me in mind of Jill of the Jungle mainly because its a side scroller and you play as a woman in a jungle, but I really don't think its one of those games. When you killed enemies they would tend to gib into bloody chunks and the environment had more of a jungle background with a lot of vines and such. The graphics were vga or svga pixel graphics. Unfortunately I don't remember anything about what kinda weapons you used or anything like that. I found this game long ago when I would dl a bunch of shareware games so its entirely possible this is one of those homebrew games that is just lost to the ages. I don't think I would know it by name, but I would know it by screen shot or video.

Hi, enemies that explode into pieces with a hero that explores an environment in a jungle and with vines that makes me think of Alien Rampage.

Bloddy passage :

platform with some vines :

or maybe it could be Realms of Chaos

hope it help. :)

Last edited:

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Hi, enemies that explode into pieces with a hero that explores an environment in a jungle and with vines that makes me think of Alien Rampage.

Bloddy passage :

platform with some vines :

or maybe it could be Realms of Chaos

hope it help. :)
Sadly neither of those games. I have a feeling this is just one of those games from the shareware era that is just lost to the ages now.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Maybe GuimO (from Jack in the box)
Nah, this isn't it but its kinda close. It was a similar type of pc platformer as GuimO, meaning that I'm pretty sure it had big areas that you were exploring instead of a more linear path. But I'm also very sure that the main character was a white woman and it had more gibs.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Maybe :

Inner Worlds

Valkyrie Magical Odyssey
Neither of those but I think the parallax technique they use for the background in Inner Worlds was similar to the one they used in the game I'm looking for.

Aspect

May 18, 2021
Country
Greece
Still looking for my game, if anyone has any other ideas. I've looked practically everywhere at this point.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Still looking for my game, if anyone has any other ideas. I've looked practically everywhere at this point.
The problem is that its a mobile game so because of the saturation of the market unless someone else played that specific game. Not to mention that it it might not even be available anymore, it might have been removed from the publisher, I've had that happen to a few games. I would suggest asking in a mobile game subreddit.

Reactions: Aspect