National Guard called into Minneapolis

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Kind of like the "It's okay to punch Nazis!" crowd, who feel that physical violence against people with certain beliefs is justified?
Police have the power to take away your freedom or even end your life if they feel so justified. They must be held to a higher standard. If they cannot meet that standard, they must not have that power.

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Police have the power to take away your freedom or even end your life if they feel so justified. They must be held to a higher standard. If they cannot meet that standard, they must not have that power.
Man just don’t. I expressed a moment of sentiment and he tried to guilt trip me. There’s no fucking point.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
I fully agree.

Man just don’t. I expressed a moment of sentiment and he tried to guilt trip me. There’s no fucking point.
What do you mean "guilt trip you"? I never said anything about you. Unless... You don't think it's okay commit acts of violence against people who hold beliefs that you disagree with, do you?

lil devils x

🐐More Lego Goats Please!🐐
Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Kind of like the "It's okay to punch Nazis!" crowd, who feel that physical violence against people with certain beliefs is justified?
Considering most governments of the world have agreed killing Nazis and giving them death sentences for their actions is acceptable, I would think punching them would be minor by comparison. You are claiming that attacking innocents is the same as preventing genocidal murderers from harming more people are somehow equivalent. Nazis, by definition, are calling for genocide of innocent people. Most things covered under the fighting words doctrine are minor in comparison to Nazi rhetoric. It is legal to punch people for much less.

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
What do you mean "guilt trip you"? I never said anything about you. Unless... You don't think it's okay commit acts of violence against people who hold beliefs that you disagree with, do you?
Absolute fucking moon logic.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
You are claiming that attacking innocents is the same as preventing genocidal murderers from harming more people are somehow equivalent.
I'm claiming that there's a comparison to be made between two groups of people who justify their actions with "the ends justify the means".

If you convince yourself that what you're doing is right, that it's for the "greater good", and that it'll truly make the world a better place, then you can do anything. Even kill.

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
I'm claiming that there's a comparison to be made between two groups of people who justify their actions with "the ends justify the means".

If you convince yourself that what you're doing is right, that it's for the "greater good", and that it'll truly make the world a better place, then you can do anything. Even kill.
I love that religious conservatism still holds that the problem with Nazis was “moral relativism” and consequentialism. It’s so fucking great.

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐

What, when where, who and how are not insignificant details here. You don't just blanket apply generic statements that are not even remotely comparable to the same options available for different situations. Yes, it was " the greater good" to kill the Nazis to stop them from continuing their genocide. Yes, it was " the greater good" for the Native Americans to kill the Spanish who were carrying out a genocide against them and drive them back into Mexico to prevent them from being " exterminated". Sometimes, yes People are forced to defend themselves with lethal force, that does not mean this applies to everything or anything. The details actually matter here.

Of course people convince themselves of all sorts of bad things and think they are "right" , THAT is exactly why the Nazis were committing genocide in the first place. THAT is why the Spanish thought they were in the right to tear nursing infants from their mother's and feed them to dogs as well, but you see, the details are important here as to determine what was and was not actually "right or wrong", and no, The winner does not automatically get to determine what is and is not the truth here, the truth still comes out in the end, otherwise we would not now still know what the Spanish actually did in the first place.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Of course people convince themselves of all sorts of bad things and think they are "right" , THAT is exactly why the Nazis were committing genocide in the first place.
That's exactly my point. We seem to be in complete agreement.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
On a slight tangent from punching Nazis, the NRA has long blathered on about being prepared to fight a tyrannical state, I bet they are going to stand up and be counted any minute now.

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
On a slight tangent from punching Nazis, the NRA has long blathered on about being prepared to fight a tyrannical state, I bet they are going to stand up and be counted any minute now.
I know this is an uncalled for thing to get upset with someone over, but mocking the NRA for being hypocritical is so fucking hollow at this point. Just go buy your own gun and realize they do not and never will give a shit about non-whites.

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Keep protesting eventually they will run out of gas.

Fieldy409

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 18, 2020
Country
Australia
WARNING VIOLENT VIDEO.

DId you guys discuss this yet? A 70 year old man who from what I hear supposedly tried to return a found riot helmet gets pushed over and hits his head. Blood comes out from his ears.

This really highlights the cops don't know how to deal with frail people.

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
WARNING VIOLENT VIDEO.

DId you guys discuss this yet? A 70 year old man who from what I hear supposedly tried to return a found riot helmet gets pushed over and hits his head. Blood comes out from his ears.

This really highlights the cops don't know how to deal with frail people.
Yea, It is so much worse than that though. 1) The officers lied and said he tripped. 2) They suspended the officers responsible, so in response to their suspension, more than 50 of their fellow officers resigned from emergency response team. 3) This man is in serious condition in the hospital over this.

Disgusted with the officers and the system in general does not even begin to describe this. Officers will resign over not being able to abuse citizens, but not refuse or resign when told to abuse citizens? This is just messed up in so many ways here.

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
You don't think it's okay commit acts of violence against people who hold beliefs that you disagree with, do you?
When those 'beliefs' are 'those we define as 'other than us' are inferior and should be enslaved and murdered' - abso-fucking-lutely.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
Keep protesting eventually they will run out of gas.
And then what? You gonna overrun the government buildings, guillotine the rich, turn the churches into temples of reason? What's the gameplan here? How far into the Reign of Terror do you expect to get?

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
And then what? You gonna overrun the government buildings, guillotine the rich, turn the churches into temples of reason? What's the gameplan here? How far into the Reign of Terror do you expect to get?
That is what you expect to happen if they run out tear gas and fire all the officers abusing people? The plan here is actual reform and not just hollow "thoughts and prayers'

Reactions: Revnak

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
That is what you expect to happen if they run out tear gas and fire all the officers abusing people? The plan here is actual reform and not just hollow "thoughts and prayers'
Your plan is actual reform. Revnak's isn't. Revnak posts about the virtue of anarchy. The person who lauds anarchy scoffs at reform, and would likely question why you would reform an institution that's inherently evil.

I've been talking to an old friend from college recently. She was once the most Democratic Democrat I knew. In the last few days, she's scoffed at reform, denounced progress, and rationalized arson, all to stake her position against the evil capitalist system. Otherwise a perfectly kind person, but the communists are getting to her, and I'm very, very tired of the communists.

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Your plan is actual reform. Revnak's isn't. Revnak posts about the virtue of anarchy. The person who lauds anarchy scoffs at reform, and would likely question why you would reform an institution that's inherently evil.
So then they would then paint Trump's lawn to match his road?

Fieldy409

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 18, 2020
Country
Australia
That sounds amazing. Imagining Rupert Murdochs head rolling along the ground brings a tear to my eye.

Status
Not open for further replies.