Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
And is every dog a Great Dane?
No
Therefore it's not the only way for something to be cancel culture.
And yet, when people start defending criticism, you accuse them of defending abuse and death threats. You have been entirely unwilling to separate the two.

Yes we get it you think threatening to kill people is a valid form of criticism.
I doubt most people would agree. You think making insane false claims just to damage peoples reputation is valid criticism. Again most people wouldn't agree.
This is a fucking malicious lie. Stop repeating it.

If it's not a Strawman then how come despite 20 times in this thread clearly separating valid criticism from threats and libel are you still arguing this point? The only way position you have where continuing to argue this same line despite 20 times being told it's wrong is

A) You believe that death threats and libel are just valid criticims
OR
B) You're strawmanning me and potentially others here.
Or (C) One moment you say criticisms and abuse are clearly different, and then the next moment you conflate them again. You're being wildly inconsistent, and running with whatever is convenient for your rhetoric at the time.

If you want me to accept that you see them as clearly separate, then don't just devolve into interchanging them again. Because right now, I think it's just a hollow defence.

Oh so you're claiming Jim never said about Genocide?
You really want to go down this line?
People can and will go back and watch it you know?
So you want to stick with your claim?
It's not in that video. As far as I can see, he tweeted once saying that Arkansas' bill preventing trans kids from accessing healthcare is "genocidal". Which may not be technically correct, but is certainly understandable given the grotesquely cruel nature of the bill.

He didn't accuse Cawthon of advocating or condoning genocide, no. He accused Cawthon of tacitly supporting the Republican candidates' cruelty through his donations. Which is true.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
RIGHT you just claimed there was no examples of malicious actions being taken posted in this thread which in this specific line of comments would be doxxing and death threats
I said that this thread hasn't provided evidence of doxxing or death threats. You then accused me of trying to trick you into doxxing somebody, which is an absolutely insane leap of logic you've made, and a disgusting accusation. It doesn't make the slightest fucking bit of sense.

Funny how you've chosen once indignant outrage over having to take an actual position here.
Oh, fucking spare me. Your last several posts have been nothing but insulting, denigrating, sputtering outrage. You throw personal insult after criminal accusation, and then accuse others of doing exactly what you're doing yourself.

Mindblowing hypocrisy.

As I said before:
The only way position you have where continuing to argue this same line despite 20 times being told it's wrong is
A) You believe that death threats and libel are just valid criticims
OR
B) You're strawmanning me and potentially others here.

Now which one is it?
It's (C), which is that the premise of this inane question is fawlty to begin with. (C) is that you've been wildly inconsistent, and want to have your cake and eat it: to one moment assure everybody you understand death threats and criticism are entirely separate, and then the next moment conflate them again if it's convenient to slur your opponents.

I don't know if it's you're drunk posting
You've used this exact line about 4 or 5 times now. If anything, that's more indicative of drunk-posting than anything else so far.

No the comment was trying to get the developer to join in or help out with the effort to deplatform Uncle Bob
This is context you've projected onto the situation in order to consider the criticism not "valid".

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Feel my pain. You know how many instances of "Republicans want people like me to die!" are in this forum?
I will be sure to amend this to, "Republicans care little if people like me die" next time.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
His personal feeling towards trans people don't really matter when he's giving bunches of money exclusively to candidates doing their level best to hurt trans people.
I don't give a shit how he feels in his heart of hearts, his actions are causing material damage to the people I love
Giving money to the democratic party also cause damage to people too. I really don't get how donating to a political party is seen as something you get mad at people for. 150+ million voted for both parties in the election, you gonna get mad at all those people too? Wendy's has donated to republicans, are you not going to eat at Wendy's or get mad at people for going to Wendy's? The Good Place is a show that was literally about this very issue.

Without wanting to speak for other people, I'm guessing that that's not what is being equated with Nazis. Believe it or believe it not, trans issues exists outside bathrooms or sports.

(The bathroom one isn't that simple either, there's always moves to make it a serious crime to use the "wrong" bathroom, and some places declare both to be wrong)
I quickly looked up anti-trans bills in the last year or whatever, and like 90% of them were bathrooms and sports. I'm not saying that there aren't any others but this isn't comparable to the Nazis. And if you're donating to a party, not everything they do is on your radar, and trans issues aren't really something most people care about (who cares about who's using the mens/womens bathrooms? like nobody). Thinking Scott or anyone donated to the republicans because they are anti-something when it's probably not even on their radar is massively jumping to conclusions. Do I have to lookup every game I buy to see if the publisher or anyone on the dev team is anti something or donated to a political party? If I go get lunch, do I need to look up if the place donates to a political party? If I buy Jays chips at Kroger, do I have to look into both Jays and Kroger?

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
Giving money to the democratic party also cause damage to people too. I really don't get how donating to a political party is seen as something you get mad at people for. 150+ million voted for both parties in the election, you gonna get mad at all those people too? Wendy's has donated to republicans, are you not going to eat at Wendy's or get mad at people for going to Wendy's? The Good Place is a show that was literally about this very issue.

I quickly looked up anti-trans bills in the last year or whatever, and like 90% of them were bathrooms and sports. I'm not saying that there aren't any others but this isn't comparable to the Nazis. And if you're donating to a party, not everything they do is on your radar, and trans issues aren't really something most people care about (who cares about who's using the mens/womens bathrooms? like nobody). Thinking Scott or anyone donated to the republicans because they are anti-something when it's probably not even on their radar is massively jumping to conclusions. Do I have to lookup every game I buy to see if the publisher or anyone on the dev team is anti something or donated to a political party? If I go get lunch, do I need to look up if the place donates to a political party? If I buy Jays chips at Kroger, do I have to look into both Jays and Kroger?
Just because you don't give a shit doesn't mean nobody else does.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
150+ million voted for both parties in the election, you gonna get mad at all those people too?
Yes.

Do I have to lookup every game I buy to see if the publisher or anyone on the dev team is anti something or donated to a political party? If I go get lunch, do I need to look up if the place donates to a political party? If I buy Jays chips at Kroger, do I have to look into both Jays and Kroger?
No. Nobody is saying that everyone has to. It's the consumer's choice to do so.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017

It is like saying you support child rape if you support your catholic church....or ever bought a Michael Jackson record.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
It is like saying you support child rape if you support your catholic church....or ever bought a Michael Jackson record.
I mean... the anti-trans stuff is part of the official platform. They put forward legislative proposals for this stuff.

So it would be more like "saying you support XYZ if you donated to an organisation that officially stands for XYZ".

Reactions: Buyetyen

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
I mean... the anti-trans stuff is part of the official platform. They put forward legislative proposals for this stuff.

So it would be more like "saying you support XYZ if you donated to an organisation that officially stands for XYZ".
I suppose but the is a small part of that party. Its like the organization has 100 policies that vary across a wide swathe of different things.

You think they are evil full stop because of 1 of those 100 policies, and that might have some merit simply because it directly (in theory) affects you. But to the other 99% it doesnt so it might be perfectly reasonable to support the party for the other 99 things they do want.

Its like when you get a salad that has radish on it. You might hate radish but like all the other ingredients. You'll still eat the salad but youll ignore the radishes.

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
You think they are evil full stop because of 1 of those 100 policies,
That Republicans actively want to make life worse for marginalized people should be enough, but there are plenty of other things they do that I hate them before. There's a lot more going on than you imagine.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
That Republicans actively want to make life worse for marginalized people should be enough, but there are plenty of other things they do that I hate them before. There's a lot more going on than you imagine.
Hey at least you have multiple reasons which is fine. But i guess the point im trying to make is to hate the policy maker not the people that support them because the average joe couldnt name you ten policies from any political person they supported. Some people even just vote for their "side" regardless.

Liking hamburgerd doesnt mean you want genocide for cows. Or something like that.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I suppose but the is a small part of that party. Its like the organization has 100 policies that vary across a wide swathe of different things.

You think they are evil full stop because of 1 of those 100 policies, and that might have some merit simply because it directly (in theory) affects you. But to the other 99% it doesnt so it might be perfectly reasonable to support the party for the other 99 things they do want.

Its like when you get a salad that has radish on it. You might hate radish but like all the other ingredients. You'll still eat the salad but youll ignore the radishes.
Most Republicans in the Republican party care about screwing everyone they consider beneath them and each other over. You have a few sensible ones (very few), that's it. Don't forget that they are afraid to offend any remaining Trump supporters, and are trying to rewrite January 6 like nothing happened or that it was a minor disagreement. Even though everybody saw what the fuck happended! They're literally trying to lie to the entire world or make the Trump supporters egos feel a bit better. Willing to suck their genitals, because they're afraid to take a stand or fight for something other than greed and shallowness.

There's a reason 40,000 US citizens either quit or wanted nothing to do with the Republican party. Either they remain neutral, went democratic, or just went to a different party all together cuz of that broken pedalstal. The Republicans made their job too easy for that one to happen.

Last edited:

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Most Republicans in the Republican party care about screwing everyone they consider beneath them and each other over. You have a few sensible ones (very few), that's it. Don't forget it using the people that are afraid to offend any remaining Trump supporters, and are trying to rewrite January 6 like nothing happened or that it was a minor disagreement. Even though everybody saw what the fuck happended! They're literally trying to lie to the entire world or make the Trump supporters eagles feel a bit better. Willing to suck their genitals, because they're afraid to take a stand or fight for something other than greed and shallowness.

There's a reason 40,000 US citizens either quit or wanted nothing to do with the Republican party. Either they remain neutral, went democratic, or just went to a different party all together cuz of that broken pedalstal. The Republicans made their job too easy for that one to happen.
Yeah i think both parties in the U.S. have gone completely over the fucking shit to be honest. Trump was a moron, Hillary was satan in a track suit, and Biden is worthless. Everything has gone to hell as politics is no longer being used for what it was intended.

It is just people playing with power to try and get more powerful and rich and if you arent in that club then fuck you.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Yeah i think both parties in the U.S. have gone completely over the fucking shit to be honest. Trump was a moron, Hillary was satan in a track suit, and Biden is worthless. Everything has gone to hell as politics is no longer being used for what it was intended.

It is just people playing with power to try and get more powerful and rich and if you arent in that club then fuck you.
I don't like Hillary Clinton, but I would not call her Satan in a tracksuit. That's an insult to both parties. Biden and Harris are at least trying to fix the shit, Trump fucked up. Which would not be needed in the first place, because Obama actually tried (and did) to fix another Republican screw ups. Look, I'm more than aware of that Democratic party has it screw ups and assholes as well, but they at least try and get crap done. When I last check, you didn't see 40,000 US citizens leave the Democratic party en masse for a good reason.

Reactions: Hawki

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
I don't like Hillary Clinton, but I would not call her Satan in a tracksuit. That's an insult to both parties. Biden and Harris are at least trying to fix the shit, Trump fucked up. Which would not be needed in the first place, because Obama actually tried (and did) to fix another Republican screw ups. Look, I'm more than aware of that Democratic party has it screw ups and assholes as well, but they at least try and get crap done. When I last check, you didn't see 40,000 US citizens leave the Democratic party en masse for a good reason.
Question....what has biden and harris fixed? The fact that we havent bombed anyone in a while?

What about the boarder crisis?

What have they actually fixed?

Not saying trump fixed anything btw. But i think it is propaganda about how much they have to fix from trump, especially since a lot of what trump wanted was blocked.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
And yet, when people start defending criticism, you accuse them of defending abuse and death threats. You have been entirely unwilling to separate the two.
Because no-one was against valid criticism in this thread. No-one so people were arguing with strawmen rather than what people are actually saying and as for being unwilling to separate the two..........
How many times do I have to make a clear distinction?
This will be the 21st time doing so.
21 times.
Are you blind?
Are you drunk?
Are you just not reading what I and others have been writing?
Or
Are you deliberately refusing to understand it because having that distinction harms your argument?

This is a fucking malicious lie. Stop repeating it.
So if it is a lie why do you keep conflating the two and carrying on this charade of lying through your teeth claiming I've been conflating the two things when time and time again I've been clear in making the distinction between the two?
You talk about malice but I've stated my position and made it clear 21 times in this thread. 21 times.
You've chosen not to actually clarify your position but just claim people are lying about it.
So don't keep complaining about it being a lie when you seemingly are deliberately refusing to actually clarify your actual position at this point.

Why do you keep accusing me of arguing against valid criticism being allowed despite me clarifying my position 21 times?
How come despite me asking question after question do you answer none yourself just demand I answer your accusations time and time again often the same accusations I've already answered?

Or (C) One moment you say criticisms and abuse are clearly different, and then the next moment you conflate them again. You're being wildly inconsistent, and running with whatever is convenient for your rhetoric at the time.

If you want me to accept that you see them as clearly separate, then don't just devolve into interchanging them again. Because right now, I think it's just a hollow defence.
No I'm not.
Maybe sober up before reading this because your personal incredulity is not my problem at this point when 21 times I've made it clear. You refusing to accept my position is the problem here.
You seemingly demanding I take the position you want because it's easier to argue with rather than actually arguing with the position I have.
Start arguing vs what I'm saying and not what you want me to or trying to demand I take the position you want.
I haven't been devolving into interchanging them you've been devolving into trying to claim making up absolute bullshit out of malice was just valid criticism. Which if you so believe then I fully encourage you to start criticising me using that method here to see just how far accusing me of I don't know being a wanted terrorist or something?
I mean in your view it's just criticism right?
Unless you'd like to tacitly admit there is a difference by not making malicious false claims about me.

It's not in that video. As far as I can see, he tweeted once saying that Arkansas' bill preventing trans kids from accessing healthcare is "genocidal". Which may not be technically correct, but is certainly understandable given the grotesquely cruel nature of the bill.

He didn't accuse Cawthon of advocating or condoning genocide, no. He accused Cawthon of tacitly supporting the Republican candidates' cruelty through his donations. Which is true.
Well I'd say look again because it's there.

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
Hey at least you have multiple reasons which is fine. But i guess the point im trying to make is to hate the policy maker not the people that support them because the average joe couldnt name you ten policies from any political person they supported. Some people even just vote for their "side" regardless.
I consider non-engagement to be a problem as well, but for separate reasons. Inaction in the face of evil allows evil to not only win but flourish. And like I said, the Republicans' bigotry should be enough to hate them for.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Question....what has biden and harris fixed? The fact that we havent bombed anyone in a while?

What about the boarder crisis?

What have they actually fixed?

Not saying trump fixed anything btw. But i think it is propaganda about how much they have to fix from trump, especially since a lot of what trump wanted was blocked.
The border crisis has always been an ongoing issue no matter the party. It's just that Trump took it and made it even worse. For starters, getting us connected back to the World Health Organization, fter Trump to leave them under foolish reasons. I'm not saying they're going to fix everything under the rainbow, but they're doing something or attempting to fix something. Raising the number on those covid checks for people and not a measly $600. The fact that Republicans said that was too much money shows you how little they give a crap about anyone lesser than them. Actually encouraging and making sure he will get vaccinations. Not this whole," oh it's just a common cold or a minor flu you'll be fine." After a certain someone said then it got covid himself. I'm not going to have a giant list by memory, so you're just going to check out for yourself. I'm at work right now so I'll get back on that later.

The point is, I'll always take someone that's trying and doing their job over just sitting on their butts, totally in your thumbs and app and like a man or woman child jackass.