Funny events in anti-woke world

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I just watched 1 or 2 videos of the whole controversy behind He-Man and suddenly I get so many recommended videos and feeds from obviously "anti-woke/alt-right" youtubers like the Quartering and Geeks + Gamers and other channels.

The anti-woke mob is still infesting Youtube.
You see a thumbnail with that particular yellow and/or red font, you run for the hills my dude.

I like to think I've developed a keen sense for spotting these videos before clicking them, but sometimes one will sneak by, and then there's my homepage filled with alt-right garbage.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
I mean you say I'm legally illiterate and you pull this nonsense? What's next the belief you can go to jail for being nasty to people........ oh wait that really is what some people very much would like, at least for people they don't agree with.
Actually, in the US, criminal defamation exists on the books in almost all states.

...But you were the one claiming that the random online criticisms were libellous. I was the one saying that it's completely inapplicable. So yeah, if you want to start talking about how ridiculous it is to say that "you can go to jail for being nasty"... then please feel free, because it's your own argument you're undermining.

Actually it is a claim being presented in an objective manner even if the claim is subjective and not based in reality the presentation of it is objective often because that's seen as more persuasive. E.G. "You're problematic" tends to get a response or action or looking into it while "I'm offended" tends to get a response of "Well so fucking what?"
And neither are claims of an objective nature.

Well I presented options. You said none of the options were right. So yes the burden on proof would now be on you to state why your 3rd option is the correct one not either of the options I presented.
Hah! Nice try, but no, if you make a specific and explicit claim that someone said something (condoned abuse and death threats), then the burden of proof doesn't shift onto me (an unrelated third party?!) to prove that they didn't do that. What a tortuous line of reasoning.

Also yes said context of them refusing to lay out their position can be taken in context as them being unwilling to state a position because their true position would be bad PR wise to admit to.
...You assume. But you haven't provided a shred of fucking proof for what you claimed their position was.

You made a claim, you can't back it up, and now to justify it you're moaning about stuff they didn't say.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
You see a thumbnail with that particular yellow and/or red font, you run for the hills my dude.

I like to think I've developed a keen sense for spotting these videos before clicking them, but sometimes one will sneak by, and then there's my homepage filled with alt-right garbage.
I went far out of my way to not have any of those videos show up in my feed, because just looking at the thumbnails make my eyes bleed. These butt-fucks raise a fuss at anything multicultural/non-white/LBGT/women have to be on the constant attack and defense for no reason other than people different from them existing or being represented. They're all miserable assholes with not much action going on in their lives.

Reactions: Buyetyen

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
These butt-fucks raise a fuss at anything multicultural/non-white/LBGT/women have to be on the constant attack and defense for no reason other than people different from them existing or being represented.
They are absolutely terrified of having their "birthright" taken away from them- a country, an entire world, that reveres and celebrates them for being "smart" enough to be born white male power-holders. If someone else gets more prestige, more of the spotlight, that means less for them, so therefore they must viciously attack anything that upsets the status quo.

Ergo: Status-Quo Warriors.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
They are absolutely terrified of having their "birthright" taken away from them- a country, an entire world, that reveres and celebrates them for being "smart" enough to be born white male power-holders. If someone else gets more prestige, more of the spotlight, that means less for them, so therefore they must viciously attack anything that upsets the status quo.

Ergo: Status-Quo Warriors.
So in other words, they're all talent-less hacks that could not/barely make it in life. If white is all they got going for them in terms of being "talented" or "smart", then they already failed. Losers who think they will gain something, most don't gain much.

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Has anyone posted this yet? Cuz it's amazing. And horrifying. And sad. And pathetic. But also amazing.

I half expected that first woman to tell him she doubts his commitment to Sparkle Motion.
I'm fairly certain the first lady is actually a skull with bacon being manipulated by strings over it. Someone else described her as bad CGI.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Actually, in the US, criminal defamation exists on the books in almost all states.

...But you were the one claiming that the random online criticisms were libellous. I was the one saying that it's completely inapplicable. So yeah, if you want to start talking about how ridiculous it is to say that "you can go to jail for being nasty"... then please feel free, because it's your own argument you're undermining.
Oh and criminal defamation is almost never prosecuted it just remains on the book as a law. Like how it was illegal to see a grey squirrel and not report it to pest control in the UK.

Also again it was a defamatory remark and the only criticism was the rather stupid call that said Factorio Dev should join in the defamation and I don't consider the theme of "Why won't you jump with me off this cliff" to be any kind of actually valid criticism of a person and I have to question who honestly would? IMHO the person who would consider such thing to be valid criticism is some-one who is very into the idea of peer pressure either using it themselves or being very susceptible to it and been pressured into a lot of stuff.

And neither are claims of an objective nature.
They were presented as such.

Hah! Nice try, but no, if you make a specific and explicit claim that someone said something (condoned abuse and death threats), then the burden of proof doesn't shift onto me (an unrelated third party?!) to prove that they didn't do that. What a tortuous line of reasoning.
You did however make the specific claim that none of the options I put forward was the right answer. So how do you know the right one when so far people haven't objected to the thing.

...You assume. But you haven't provided a shred of fucking proof for what you claimed their position was.

You made a claim, you can't back it up, and now to justify it you're moaning about stuff they didn't say.
Yet why would they refuse to clarify unless it was a poor PR move and they knew it to tell the truth of their position.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Has anyone posted this yet? Cuz it's amazing. And horrifying. And sad. And pathetic. But also amazing.

I half expected that first woman to tell him she doubts his commitment to Sparkle Motion.
The sparkle motion reference is almost too apt for their context. Michael Flynn must be the Patrick Swayze character with a dodgy secret room in his mansion too, someone should really check on that. Or, like, anyone should do something about Flynn in general: It can't be legal to use your military title to push and encourage aggressive political movements linked with domestic terrorism and fueled by conspiracy theories. Yet he's (a highly respected and trusted figure in that kooky community) still touring a literal qanon conspiracy tour right now spreading the same crap that motivated the Jan 6th incident even as it continues undergoing investigation.

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA

This is a fucking cult and it needs to be destroyed.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
the thing that always disturbs me, is how often these cults all have that same vacant eyed, serial killer smile whenever they are on camera.
That's because they are bad actors trying to convey a cheery friendliness they don't feel, because underneath all that beats is the heart of an angry, hate-filled zealot.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
That's because they are bad actors trying to convey a cheery friendliness they don't feel, because underneath all that beats is the heart of an angry, hate-filled zealot.
That or they are just blissfully delusional, flying high on so many random endorphins from their mania fueling their brains, that they genuinely just look like that.

I've seen video of this one cult, where they were all sitting at the feet of their cult leader, and they all had that look, and it was pretty genuine, at least in the context of the rest of their body language.

But also a zealot yes.

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
Darren Grimes tried to shit on the RNLI, and even right wingers shat on him back, because letting people drown is terrible PR.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020

You know I'm watching that and boy do they have just the little nugget of a good ideas but have entirely surrounded it by absolute terrible nonsense 10 ft thick.

Like the algorithm stuff they were on about how certain terms will shut them down. Well the translation of Game of Thrones phrase Valar Morghulis will get you banned on twitter in some cases permanently. There's other phrases too (Test them if you want but know you could get permabanned on twitter).

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
On topic as I think we're making fun of both sides in here right?

Oh but that could go either way right it could be hateful right wing people or people trying to showcase people being gay doing well etc. Except this isn't the first time it's happened

The Daily Beast did it in 2016

Except at the time the Daily Beast tried to defend it on some insane grounds of "Gay people in America need to see themselves represented" so they just felt justified in outing athletes who very much would be in danger being outed,

Also as it's Tik Tok I really don't think it's some hateful right wingers outing them on there out of malice.

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
Also as it's Tik Tok I really don't think it's some hateful right wingers outing them on there out of malice.
Could you explain what you think is the logical connection between these two underlines?

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Could you explain what you think is the logical connection between these two underlines?
Tik Tok really doesn't have a huge right wing community at least not that I've heard. It does have a population of people who think they're doing good while kinda often not. E.G. the time a load of Tik Tokers did videos pretending to be victims of the holocaust to "raise awareness" and "start a conversation"......... yeh that happened.........

Elijin

Elite Muppet
Legacy
Feb 15, 2009
Tik Tok really doesn't have a huge right wing community at least not that I've heard. It does have a population of people who think they're doing good while kinda often not. E.G. the time a load of Tik Tokers did videos pretending to be victims of the holocaust to "raise awareness" and "start a conversation"......... yeh that happened.........

And?

Here's a list of topics, from the top of my head, that use that format, which are or have been on public television.

3rd world starvation, domestic abuse, homelessness, alcoholism, refugees, sexism, lung cancer, sexual assault, drunk driving, racism, drug abuse.

It's an established storytelling device to promote awareness and provoke conversation, but we're supposed to be shocked or something when kids on tiktok ape that methodology because the holocaust?