Funny events in anti-woke world

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
And I'm supposed to accept that? Like you immediately accepted it when I confirmed that I never condoned abuse & harassment?
So admitting that it was you doing it just to deflect then?
That's the wonder of presenting options lol

...That's correct, yes. What's your point?
So how was what I said more objective than the person claiming Uncle Bob harmed people again?

Then please, feel free to litigate. Taking that to any court in the Western world would be absolutely laughed out of the room. It's legal illiteracy.

(And I continue to find it hilarious that the defender of "free speech" is here advocating a world in which it is against the law to call something "harmful" online).
As a reminder a case was once brought and won against a major UK newspaper that alleged a male singer was gay when he wasn't. So accusing some-one of harm? Yeh that could well be a case there. As I said Ian Hislop has been in court and lost multiple times for things he's allowed printed in Private Eye and that's a satirical publication.

It's the wonder of libel law that it then come down to if the person wishes to sue over it so it can still be said and ideally it would be entirely fine (as happened in this case) for some-one to call the Bullshit out with words.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
I did mean in the former sense because so often the argument seems to be framed around changing room situations (for example). I mean, what real threat is there to the identity of cis women from the extremely small numbers of trans women?
Not changing rooms in this case but as you asked

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Like, one of the people who has done the most work in trans advocacy in recent years is Laverne Cox
I love Laverne, She was in that movie Jolt I just saw and loved. But with all due respect, she's pretty obviously trans imo. Especially compared to somebody like Blair White or the aforementioned Ms. Nevada. So I feel like my statement stands, and additionally of all the trans debates I've seen whether on the BBC, or Austrailian news, or Jordan Peterson debates, I've never seen Laverne involved or even mentioned in any of that.

Not to say she isn't pushing for trans rights or anything like that. But I have genuinely watched a lot of debates and even some extreme point of views like from Riley Dennis.

I know people like to call me ignorant, and phobic or whatever. But i do genuinely try to watch a lot of these things. I can't truly understand the struggle or the POV of the trans community and I never will, it is what it is, but I've at least TRIED to listen to the discussions.

Anyway back on point.
The fact that you would ever have the audacity to think that anyone who has slightest obligation to care about whether or not they pass to you is ridiculous, it means less than nothing, and the fact you've got through life without realising that just shows how much being cis has rotted your sense of perspective.
You're right they don't have any obligation to pass. But if someone wants to blend in and be a part of society then society does care. And standing out in some ways makes people unfortunately think than transwomen are just crazy men. That's the viewpoint that i see a lot of people having, I'm not justifying it, I'm just explaining the reality of it. The general public does not like shit that is weird to them, and if someone wants to be a women then there is a level of expected appearances even if you are an ugly chick in the end, it's better than being an obvious dude. Also I'd be lying if it didn't come off as someone pretending to be trans for attention, kinda like my original perspective of Laurell Hubbard if I'm honest. I've overcome that thought, but that doesn't mean i was unique in thinking that due strictly to the way Hubbard presents herself.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
See the post i made above. But quite frankly societal expectations are still expectations. And because people in general have expectations based on cleanliness, and attractiveness. Therefore while it might be natural for women to grow the shit out of their pits, you'll find most women don't do that because they want to be attractive.

Not doing it is fine. But people notice and people don't like it, so it becomes part of your image. Which if standing out is what you want fine, but don't complain that people treat you differently based on your decisions to not groom yourself.
Literally every woman in Hubbard's bracket is a giant slab of fat and muscle. Literally every single one of them is running against society's expectations of the female gender in a major way

Reactions: Seanchaidh

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
Literally every woman in Hubbard's bracket is a giant slab of fat and muscle. Literally every single one of them is running against society's expectations of the female gender in a major way
Ban them all, let weightlifting prescribe Victorian era standards of ladylike figure and behavior! And apply the same standards to the men too!

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Anyway, now that the "debate" about gender and sport has derailed into your standard cis het debate about the transes not being trans correctly, here's Candace Owens complaining that the Muppet Babies aren't manly enough:

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Silver medalist Tamara Yajaira Salazar Arce isn't

Bronze medalist Crismery Dominga Santana Peguero isn't (though her thighs are fucking scary)

Gaelle Verlaine Nayo Ketchanke also isn't.

Martha Ann “Mattie” Rogers ? No come on.

Like yes, these women are strong, but they are fit and strong and still very very womanly. The only one who would apply to your description imo is the Gold Medalist from china who looks like a Chinese version of Hubbard. So barring her and maybe a couple of others, I don't see a lot of outright cubby bunnies in competition.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Anyway, now that the "debate" about gender and sport has derailed into your standard cis het debate about the transes not being trans correctly, here's Candace Owens complaining that the Muppet Babies aren't manly enough:

Well this is just stupid. funny though.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Silver medalist Tamara Yajaira Salazar Arce isn't

Bronze medalist Crismery Dominga Santana Peguero isn't (though her thighs are fucking scary)

Gaelle Verlaine Nayo Ketchanke also isn't.

Martha Ann “Mattie” Rogers ? No come on.

Like yes, these women are strong, but they are fit and strong and still very very womanly. The only one who would apply to your description imo is the Gold Medalist from china who looks like a Chinese version of Hubbard. So barring her and maybe a couple of others, I don't see a lot of outright cubby bunnies in competition.
You know that weightlifting has different size brackets, right?
The medalists in Hubbard's bracket:
3936.jpg

Reactions: Seanchaidh

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
So admitting that it was you doing it just to deflect then?
That's the wonder of presenting options lol
In the same way that you were doing the same thing to deflect from what Terminal, Avnger and myself actually said, yep.

So how was what I said more objective than the person claiming Uncle Bob harmed people again?
Yours involved a claim of a specific demonstrable action.

As a reminder a case was once brought and won against a major UK newspaper that alleged a male singer was gay when he wasn't. So accusing some-one of harm? Yeh that could well be a case there.
So... your comparison is with a claim of a factual nature. Yes, that can be libel, unlike subjective value judgements. No UK newspaper has been successfully litigated for a value judgement.

Remember when the Daily Mail printed the pictures of several judges under the headline, "Enemies of the People"? Hrmm, don't recall any litigation over that...

Newspapers throughout the entire world use terms like "harmful" to describe people on a daily basis. Comments online describe people as "harmful" on a daily basis. It's not actionable. Not even remotely close to being actionable or against any relevant law, civil or criminal.

Last edited:

AnxietyProne

Elite Member
Jul 13, 2021
Country
United States
He-Man, Muppet Babies. Glad to see conservative talking heads have such high priorities.

Also, what Muppets were manly? Maybe that eagle one or Animal, but that's about all I can think of.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
He-Man, Muppet Babies. Glad to see conservative talking heads have such high priorities.

Also, what Muppets were manly? Maybe that eagle one or Animal, but that's about all I can think of.
I dunno. Gonzo's been wearing a dress for longer than I've been alive.

I'm starting to think complaints about "SJWs infiltrating media" is projection

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
In the same way that you were doing the same thing to deflect from what Terminal, Avnger and myself actually said, yep.
Which was all done in response to people on about the threats and abuse thus had no actual relevance to what the people you were replying to were saying.

Yours involved a claim of a specific demonstrable action.
Yet so were other elements of the claims made against Uncle Bob.

So... your comparison is with a claim of a factual nature. Yes, that can be libel, unlike subjective value judgements. No UK newspaper has been successfully litigated for a value judgement.

Remember when the Daily Mail printed the pictures of several judges under the headline, "Enemies of the People"? Hrmm, don't recall any litigation over that...

Newspapers throughout the entire world use terms like "harmful" to describe people on a daily basis. Comments online describe people as "harmful" on a daily basis. It's not actionable. Not even remotely close to being actionable or against any relevant law, civil or criminal.
Yet causing harm likely would have a specific legal definition and as such yes causing harm would be a specific claim not a subjective judgement claim where in reality it was some-one getting their feelings hurt.

In the case of the Daily Mail the judges chose not to bring a Lawsuit because everyone else was laughing and taking the piss out of the Daily Mail for that.

The specific wording was Uncle Bob had harmed people

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Sam the Eagle, yeah. I'm sure that with his constant desire to be the "moral center" of everything he sees, he has a certain appeal to Republicans.

Animal, on the other hand, is a drummer in a rock band and is therefore unwholesome and God-hating.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland

I literally can't tell the difference between some conservatives being mad about this shit and people making fun of some conservatives being mad about this shit anymore. It's reached the point everything feels like parody.

Then again, we're a year and change into "Vaccines/masks are the same as the Holocaust" meme from the right, which is something I would have read as a caricature of conservatives 2 years ago. Nope, we're at the point this is an actual belief now.

I really don't want to live on this planet anymore.

Last edited:

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
I literally can't tell the difference between some conservatives being mad about this shit and people making fun of some conservatives being mad about this shit anymore. It's reached the point everything feels like parody.

Then again, we're a year and change into "Vaccines/masks are the same as the Holocaust" meme from the right, which is something I would have read as a caricature of conservatives 2 years ago. Nope, we're at the point this is an actual belief now.

I really don't want to live on this planet anymore.
A year and change?

This pandemic is like 3 months away from being 2 years old. If it was a toddler it would be walking around and answering all questions with "no."

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009

If they don't have something to get mad about conservatives won't know who they are anymore and they'll implode into an existential black hole. It's for their own safety really.

Also, fuck Candace Owens. #validcriticism