UK

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I saw this one on Reddit, and thought that it was kind of funny.

The £80 special edition of Battlefield 2042 includes an "exclusive" digital art book.

This isn't a file that you download with the game, it is literally just a link to a PDF, which EA stores on their website.

The file isn't locked down, so anyone can access it, so long as they have the link.

So anyway, here is the digital art book included in the £80 special edition, free of charge.
Christ, EA can't even bother to do bonus material right anymore.

Reactions: Dalisclock

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
In news that should come as a shock to no one, Beyond Good & Evil 2 is in trouble and faces cancellation.

Beyond Good & Evil 2 in development crisis – could face cancellation | Metro News
Oh no.

Where else shall I get my huge open world maps filled with icons that takes 30+ hours to clear and delivers a "non-political" story with some token faux-progressive nods?

I mean, other then every other Ubisoft game for the last 5 years?

The worst part is the idiot in charge is making more $ in a week than we’ll probably see in our lives.
Unskilled labor is only a thing when it's being applied to minimum wage earners.

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
In positive gaming news, the new Dragonball game looks like a hoot

I'll give it credit for doing something a bit different, but I am not invested. Wake me up when their is a Gunsmith Cats, Vampire Hunter D, or Bubblegum Crisis game.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
To the surprise of no one. The same thing is gonna happen to Evil Within 3. I know it.

Yeah, they "looking" alright.

Yes.

Reactions: hanselthecaretaker

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
To the surprise of no one. The same thing is gonna happen to Evil Within 3. I know it.
I still find it hilarious that Microsoft had to buy one of the biggest game devs out there just to compete with Sony on the exclusives front. I can't deny that Elder Scrolls is a heavy hitter, but maybe that will give Sony a reason to develop their own fantasy RPG IP.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
Oh, that's just filthy rich!

If this doesn't bring this POS down, idk what will. Then again, these CEOs always find way to get out of trouble

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
The nominees for TGA 2021 are here!

I just went through all the categories. Not sure why deathloop is in so many of them, but still this was a fun list to go through

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
I still find it hilarious that Microsoft had to buy one of the biggest game devs out there just to compete with Sony on the exclusives front. I can't deny that Elder Scrolls is a heavy hitter, but maybe that will give Sony a reason to develop their own fantasy RPG IP.
Or just wait for them to *GREED* and fuck it up really bad (which seems to be an increasingly common thing lately in the AAA landscape), then just sit back and laugh at them.

Reactions: Bob_McMillan

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010

I just went through all the categories. Not sure why deathloop is in so many of them, but still this was a fun list to go through
I can honestly say I haven’t touched any of these games, so my vote is nil. The only thing I could vote for would be most anticipated game which would personally be Elden Ring. Which reminds me, I gotta complete my feedback survey.

Last edited:
Reactions: BrawlMan

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Oh, that's just filthy rich!

If this doesn't bring this POS down, idk what will. Then again, these CEOs always find way to get out of trouble
Not surprising about the bottom article in the first link mentioning GTA6 being in development hell, seeing as most of the original creative talent said good riddance to the bs going on in the studio and Take-Two’s increasing stranglehold.

Who would’ve thought that it would be such a trendy thing, the love of money and abuse of power!

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

I have no stake in this, and I've heard from the Yahtzee and Jack podcast that they're making bullshit categories called "Biggest Budget Indie Game" and "Indie Game With Well Known Celebrities". So fuck the VGA and those in charge even harder. Honestly, even the announcement of new or future updates on games are not worth waiting and watching for at this point.