General Gaming News.

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States
FF7 also has a greater impact because at the time it was GRAPHICS
Sort of ironic that FFVIs graphics aged better.

Would you rather see your preferred game get whored out like this though, or for it to remain untainted in its classic relative obscurity?
Fair Point. Square seems to be going places with the Genre that has left me behind. FFXV had some surprisingly likeable characters for the circumstance but it was still a goddamn mess. At some point they stopped writing characters as people in Final Fantasy and just started writing low-rent anime characters and nonsensical bullshit stories that would make even the JJ Abrams gang cringe at. Persona 5 got a little too flashy, but at least the main cast was still believable as people. Persona 4 definitely defined for me where I think the JRPG genre needs to go. Final Fantasy needs to get back to doing Character arcs that matter.

Reactions: BrawlMan

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Yeh, that's the thing with these NFTs: the only people actually guaranteed to make a profit are the people issuing the NFTs in the first place.
It’s certainly foolish for anyone not in that position to see this as a cash-in opp, just by playing games. At most it’ll be an extra few bucks in gamers’ pockets that can go towards new game purchases; kinda reminds me of the Steam gems but more “personalized”, if artificially. The problem is that every time someone sees something that they can make money on, there’s unrealistic expectations on the poor folks side and exploitation on the ones dishing the shit out.

Fallen Soldier

Brother Lombax
Oct 28, 2021
Country
United States
It always disappoints me that Final Fantasy VII gets all the spin-offs, remakes and expansions when Final Fantasy VI was both a superior game and told a more meaningful, cohesive story. As much as I like Final Fantasy VII the entire last act after you pick up Vincent is a mess and I honestly dont even remember the ending nor care to as Sephiroth mere existence as a character annoys me. I feel like Final Fantasy VII rides hard on perfectly timed nostalgia.
Hate to say it but FF VII is seen as the most popular game in the franchise and Square is making sure to squeeze every penny they can from it.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
It always disappoints me that Final Fantasy VII gets all the spin-offs, remakes and expansions when Final Fantasy VI was both a superior game and told a more meaningful, cohesive story.
But VII had POLYGONS and CUTSCENES and SEFFIE ROFF IS MY BISHIE. (Bitter? Me? Nah, even if I do have the entirety of VI's end theme memorized. Dang kids, get off my lawn.)

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
More Konami bastardy.

Another reason why DRM sucks and only punishes those that pay for games.

Uh-huh.

I am not excited.

Neat.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
One more jumping on the NFT bandwagon

I'm kind of shocked Konami of all companies would be interested in preying on vulnerable whales with what is essentially gambling tho /s
*points finger forcefully and repeatedly while looking down and slightly sideways* Stoooge! STOOOOOGE!! Just look at him sitting there with folded sweaty hands, ready to please his precious “shareholders”.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
More Konami bastardy.
To be fair though, they’re legally required due to copyright license expiration issues with the historical footage content of the games. Making me wish I had sealed copies if they can’t get them renewed, as they would become collectors items since that content would wind up being cut from future reissued copies.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
One more jumping on the NFT bandwagon

I'm kind of shocked Konami of all companies would be interested in preying on vulnerable whales with what is essentially gambling tho /s
Wouldn't Konami have to start making games again for this to matter?

More Konami bastardy.
Isn't MGS3 a PS3 only game right now? I know I'd love to see a PC or even PS4 port but apparently it needs to be trapped on a dead and hard to emulate console because fuck MG fans.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Wouldn't Konami have to start making games again for this to matter?
Zing!
Isn't MGS3 a PS3 only game right now? I know I'd love to see a PC or even PS4 port but apparently it needs to be trapped on a dead and hard to emulate console because fuck MG fans.
No, MGS 2 and 3 were on PS2, tho both are in the PS360 hd collection. You're thinking of MGS4. That's PS3 only, and actually the only Metal Gear Solid that never got ported.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Zing!
No, MGS 2 and 3 were on PS2, tho both are in the PS360 hd collection. You're thinking of MGS4. That's PS3 only, and actually the only Metal Gear Solid that never got ported.
That's right. I played MGS3 on the HD/Legacy collection(whichever one has most of the games on it) on the PS3. Which makes me sad it hasn't been ported to PC or PS4(or even PS5).

I think I'm just salty that my favorite MGS game is basically dependent on my PS3 holding up enough for me to be able to play the collection I have, because while I can play MGS1 and MGS2 on PC, I can't play MGS3 because apparently nobody thought it was important enough to port forward to a newer, less dead and finickly console.

Either that or I take my chances with emulating the Collection on a PS3 Emulator.

#SnakeEateronPC

Reactions: Mister Mumbler

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
This as close as you're gonna get to a Bloodborne 2. Looks good, and I like the Pinocchio style twist.

Good to see people with standards.

What took you so long?

Reactions: Dalisclock