Choo choo! All aboard the Complain Train!

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
I hate the Imperial system. Canada switched to the metric system in 1985, but America stayed with Imperial, so because of our proximity to the States we're stuck in this in between no-mans-land of constant conversions. I'm currently doing my last year of Millwright school and it's just constant conversions. On one page they'll give a temperature in Celcius and then the next page Fahrenheit. Or they'll talk about pressure in PSI and then Pascals so you need to need to have two entire systems memorized to have any idea what anything means. So annoying.

"the United States is one of only three countries (the others being Myanmar and Liberia) that, as of 2022, have not officially adopted the metric system as the primary means of weights and measurements."

Americans should get their bloody heads out of the sand and catch up to the standards of the rest of the world already!

I’m still pissed off that the only way I can play Fable II is by buying an Xbox
You should consider yourself lucky, then.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I hate the Imperial system. Canada switched to the metric system in 1985, but America stayed with Imperial, so because of our proximity to the States we're stuck in this in between no-mans-land of conversion. I'm currently doing my last year of Millwright school and it's just constant conversions. On one page they'll give a temperature in Celcius and then the next page Fahrenheit. Or they'll talk about pressure in PSI and then Pascals so you need to need to have two entire systems memorized to have any idea what anything means. So annoying.

Americans should get their bloody heads out of the sand and catch up to the standards of the rest of the world already!
There are plenty of games, that I can only play through XBOX. I feel your pain; been there before. I am glad my big brother gave me his XONE X, so now I can play these games again, or all of their DLC that came with it. At least you get the backwards compatibility. The XONE or SERIES is the only way I can play the XBLA version of Guardian Heroes. Sega really needs to re-release on all platforms. ALL OF THEM.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
As an aside, in their science and industry and military, they already use the metric system, at least in part. Cause they have to to get anything done.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I just got HBO Max, and none of the classic DC animated shows are on it, and neither is the Harley Quinn animated show. Don't know if this is a region thing, but what the fuck!? Also, for some reason it won't give me surround sound on my speakers eventhough Netflix and Disney+ does.

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States
I just got HBO Max, and none of the classic DC animated shows are on it, and neither is the Harley Quinn animated show. Don't know if this is a region thing, but what the fuck!? Also, for some reason it won't give me surround sound on my speakers eventhough Netflix and Disney+ does.
mm I just checked theyre all there. did you use search? Theyre all under the DC hub at the bottom, but I just checked search and superman and batman tas as well as Harley Quinn are there. Sos justice league.

HBO MAX is weird in that theres the main screen and then if you go to the bottom on the left theres a bunch of hubs for adult swim dc etc.

edit: idk about region Im in the us.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
In the US region, all these shows are available. The classic DC animated shows are there, the Harley Quinn show is there, and all the straight to DVD animated movies are there. I know you don't live in a US region, so this is definitely a regional thing unfortunately. It's stupid and it makes no sense. Why lock out your other customers just because they don't live in the United States or the UK? I thought the entire point of these streaming services is so people could have access and not have to go through illegal means to watch shows. It's Crunchyroll all over again. And I hate that streaming service. Those guys are douchebags.

Last edited:

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
mm I just checked theyre all there. did you use search? Theyre all under the DC hub at the bottom, but I just checked search and superman and batman tas as well as Harley Quinn are there. Sos justice league.

HBO MAX is weird in that theres the main screen and then if you go to the bottom on the left theres a bunch of hubs for adult swim dc etc.

edit: idk about region Im in the us.
In the US region, all these shows are available. The classic DC animated shows are there, the Harley Quinn show is there, and all the straight to DVD animated movies are there. I know you don't live in a US region, so this is definitely a regional thing unfortunately. It's stupid and it makes no sense. Why lock out your other customers just because they don't live in the United States or the UK? I thought the entire point of these streaming services is so he could have access and not have to go through a legal means to watch shows. It's Crunchyroll all over again. And I hate that streaming service. Those guys are douchebags.
Yeah, I'm guessing it's region. I'm in The Netherlands and HBO Max has only been available here for a little under two months I think. We got Teen Titans Go, Scooby Doo and Batman, Justice League Action, The Long Halloween, and Teen Titans Go to the Movies, and that's it animation wise. Maybe it's a case of them needing to subtitle it before release, and the older stuff is lower priority. They also only have new Powerpuff Girls. :sick:

Drathnoxis

Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
As an aside, in their science and industry and military, they already use the metric system, at least in part. Cause they have to to get anything done.
They should just make the switch and get it over with already. Stop making imperial fasteners and then in 50 years everybody can throw away their imperial wrenches and not have to deal with needing to have duplicates of every tool in two standards. It should have been done 30 years ago and the longer it drags out the worse it is.

Just do it like a bandaid, right off!

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
What really gets me is that quite a lot of games on the XBOX are multiplatform, either PS+XBOX+PC or at very least XBOX+PC, but then you have these wierd XBOX exclusive outliers despite the fact the XBOX and WIndows alledgely have a lot in common considering how many games you can get on both.

Even wierder that you can get Red Dead Redemption on XBOX but not on PC, so it's not even a problem with the PS3's weird fucking system architecture here.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
They should just make the switch and get it over with already. Stop making imperial fasteners and then in 50 years everybody can throw away their imperial wrenches and not have to deal with needing to have duplicates of every tool in two standards. It should have been done 30 years ago and the longer it drags out the worse it is.

Just do it like a bandaid, right off!
But then people will be MAD that the rest of the world is forcing the US to lose their FREDUM! Or something.

Because it's always "FREEDUM" with some people.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Can someone tell me how to stop my One X from constantly offering Xbox Live/Gold/Pass whenever I play DOA5? Every time I cancel and say no, it comes back up, a few seconds later (I am trying to play non-online modes). Let me play the fucking the game! I don't give a damn about playing online! My single player games work fine, and does not get this constant notification. If there is no way to stop this, without paying for a subscription, I will gladly take the game back to the store! I am not dealing with this bullshit!

Last edited:
Reactions: Dalisclock

Drathnoxis

Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
"The way we do things is the best, and everyone should do it that way!" - proponents of the Imperial system, and also proponents of the metric system
At least just pick one. It's being in this inbetweeny state that really sucks.

And since the rest of the world has already decided on the one that's nice and round and easy to work with...

Drathnoxis

Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Can someone tell me how to stop my One X from constantly offering Xbox Live/Gold/Pass whenever I play DOA5? Every time I cancel and say no, it comes back up, a few seconds later (I am trying to play non-online modes). Let me play the fucking the game! I don't give a damn about playing online! My single player games work fine, and does not get this constant notification. If there is no way to stop this, without paying for a subsection, I will gladly take the game back! I am not dealing with this bullshit!
Get a PS5?

Drathnoxis

Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Not at $500. I'll take the game back, and try to find the PS4 version later. Worse case scenario, I get the game from Amazon.
Serious answer might be to try disconnecting from the internet while you play. I don't know.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Serious answer might be to try disconnecting from the internet while you play. I don't know.
Thank you. This actually worked. I had to go into the system settings and select go offline. It's still stupid that somebody has to go through that, if they don't want to buy any of the subscription services.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
At least just pick one. It's being in this inbetweeny state that really sucks.

And since the rest of the world has already decided on the one that's nice and round and easy to work with...
The US still has buyers regret over leaving the British Empire, and so clings to the Imperial system (and to having a ruler with divine right).

Offworlder

Elite Member
Jan 31, 2021
Country
Australia
Either use earphones/headphones on public transport, or don't catch public transport.

The amount of entitled fuckwits who get on PT in my city and decide to share their music or Tik Tok with everyone else is staggering. No one wants to hear your shit through your trash phone speaker. Turn that shit off, no one wants to hear it. Last week I was on a packed bus and this dickhead pulled out a SPEAKER to play music, then got offended when the whole bus told him to shut the fuck up. Then today some lady got on the train with her friend and not only played music but started SINGING. There are thousands of people who rely on trains and buses and they don't want you're shit attitude to and from work. Pull your head out of your ass and stop being so fucking self centered.

Fuck.