General Gaming News.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Yeah I don't give that much of a shit tbh. But since the back half of this year is already pretty fucking barren, it still sucks to have the small list get even smaller.
Start focusing on the smaller games, or the AA games. Or just continue your marathon of FF games, and other back catalogue.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Doesn't every game do that?
Isekai is a genre that's become popular in the mid to late 2010s for anime. Where protagonist(s) gets transported in to another world. This idea is nothing new, but it got more popular during the 2010s. It's a trope that's old as dirt itself. Gaming has done this more times than anyone has cared to count.

Reactions: Specter Von Baren

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Isekai is a genre that's become popular in the mid to late 2010s for anime. Where protagonist(s) gets transported in to another world. This idea is nothing new, but it got more popular during the 2010s. It's a trope that's old as dirt itself. Gaming has done this more times than anyone has cared to count.
Oh like a "real world" person going to anime-land. Got ya. Now I get it.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
Oh like a "real world" person going to anime-land. Got ya. Now I get it.
We've talked about the subgenre a few times in the other sections. For the most part it's just standard wish fulfillment junk, but you occasionally get some good ones. This game has, from what I've heard, doing the same as the latest craze of isekai.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Not a big loss.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US

So the gollum game has new gameplay trailer. Why am I not surprised this gollum look worse than the movie one? They seriously couldn't afford Andy Serkis for at least a voiceover?

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

So the gollum game has new gameplay trailer. Why am I not surprised this gollum look worse than the movie one? They seriously couldn't afford Andy Serkis for at least a voiceover?
Which is even crazier, because he's done voice acting plenty of times during the seventh generation.

Reactions: FakeSympathy

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US
Skull and Bones gameplay; Unfortunately, as much as the game's graphics look amazing, the gameplay looks bad. They claim the game tries to focus on grittier and realistic take on pirates, but WTF are some of these cursed ship designs? Also, other players can steal your shit if you sink. Also look like most of the combat seems to be done on ships. What about going on foot with swords and pistols?

Also, the clearly has no set story and is one of those "make your own story" social game.

But the last nail in the coffin for me is the game being a live service. Everything they talked about is pointing towards live service.

I would take AC4 Black Flags any day over this game.