General Movies, Music, Web Show, and TV News Thread

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Pandemic maybe. But more likely, because Genndy is Genndy. Took Samurai Jack a decade after all.
Also, (good) animation takes an ungodly amount of time. And seeing as Gendy is all about that visualization, especially in a cartoon with zero dialoge, it's no real surprise.

Anyway, I'm really glad we're getting one. I just watched the show for the first time recently and that cliffhanger killed me.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I love James Cameron but he truly is, just the grumpiest old fucking man in Hollywood. He’s just yelling at clouds, as old farts are wont to do.
Exactly why he can fuck off twice as hard.

This show came out in 2019, right? Why did it take so long for a second season to be made?
Most excellent news!

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010

Jeez who took a dump in this man's cereal?
He’s a bit of an egomaniac, especially emboldened by breaking several box office records with the last few movies he’s made. But really, he’s always kind of unrelentingly been a hard ass on sets according to even his friends like Arnold, so it’s nothing to be bothered by.

This is him being a bit more humble -

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
He’s a bit of an egomaniac, especially emboldened by breaking several box office records with the last few movies he’s made. But really, he’s always kind of unrelentingly been a hard ass on sets according to even his friends like Arnold, so it’s nothing to be bothered by.

This is him being a bit more humble -

Not for nothing do the crews that have worked with him sport shirts emblazoned with "You don't scare me, I worked for James Cameron". Also calling him a 'bit of an egomaniac' is like saying 'Notre Dame is a quaint little church'. The man is basically 99% ego.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Cool.

Oh Netflix, wwwwwwhhhhhhhyyyyyyy?????

Last edited:
Reactions: gorfias

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria
Cool.

Leo: We still got a ninja's greatest weapon.
Me: The element of surprise?
Leo: Hope.
Me: Oh. I guess that works to.

[/QUOTE]​
Oh Netflix, wwwwwwhhhhhhhyyyyyyy?????
[/QUOTE]
For everything good thing Netflix does, it seems they have the need to do something incredibly dumb to balance the scales.

Eh, we'll see what happens. It can't be worse than the Death Note movie they made.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
we'll see what happens. It can't be worse than the Death Note movie they made.
Now you jinxed it.

In all seriousness, I honestly couldn't care what happened either way. I haven't cared for Death Note since 2009. I hated the ending. The two live action Japanese movies are better anyway.

Reactions: Specter Von Baren

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Love you Carpenter, but I can't trust you on this. Sorry. It's a combination of that, and me just not caring anymore. I'm sick and tired of Michael Myers. Halloween should be more than just about him, and is constant feuds with whoever. I still stand by them going for the anthology set up. Halloween 3 is not perfect, but I still found it decent, experimental, at least trying to do something different. Instead of just be hashing the same plot lines over and over again, which each continuity ignoring the others. Go beyond like a Myers and Strode. Guess it's another viewing of Trick R' Treat again.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Love you Carpenter, but I can't trust you on this. Sorry. It's a combination of that, and me just not caring anymore. I'm sick and tired of Michael Myers. Halloween should be more than just about him, and is constant feuds with whoever. I still stand by them going for the anthology set up. Halloween 3 is not perfect, but I still found it decent, experimental, at least trying to do something different. Instead of just be hashing the same plot lines over and over again, which each continuity ignoring the others. Go beyond like a Myers and Strode. Guess it's another viewing of Trick R' Treat again.
Yeah the cult following of H3 is pretty justified; perhaps even moreso currently. In all fairness though, they did say this one was apparently going to be “different” and “weird”, so maybe we’ll be surprised. In any case, it’s also supposed to wrap up the story of Michael and Lorrie (finally), so a focus on their presence in some way is understandable.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Yeah the cult following of H3 is pretty justified; perhaps even moreso currently. In all fairness though, they did say this one was apparently going to be “different” and “weird”, so maybe we’ll be surprised. In any case, it’s also supposed to wrap up the story of Michael and Lorrie (finally), so a focus on their presence in some way is understandable.
Rob Zombie's Halloween was already weird and different. Mainly the sequel to the remake. The director's cut. I get what they're saying, I just don't care anymore. It's been the same crap over and over. It's either about Michael, Lori, either of their families, or both.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Reactions: BrawlMan

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Rob Zombie's Halloween was already weird and different. Mainly the sequel to the remake. The director's cut. I get what they're saying, I just don't care anymore. It's been the same crap over and over. It's either about Michael, Lori, either of their families, or both.
Not saying they're not repetitive as hell but... what's a Halloween movie without Michael Myers (and maybe Laurie), other than just a horror movie set during Halloween?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Not saying they're not repetitive as hell but... what's a Halloween movie without Michael Myers (and maybe Laurie), other than just a horror movie set during Halloween?
Something different and not about a tired slasher. With Halloween as an anthology series, there could have been so much more potential. Exorcism, ghost and spirits, science fiction of all different kinds, HP Lovecraft style creatures/horror (Halloween III had some of that), werewolves and vampires, alternate dimensions, etc. Something different at least or not done too often (enough). Not every chapter had to be fantastical. There could have been some more grounded horror stories as well, but I am sick and tired of killer that is the equivalent of a super soldier with the invincibility cheat on.

Last edited:

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Something different and not about a tired slasher. With Halloween as an anthology series, there could have been so much more potential. Exorcism, ghost and spirits, science fiction of all different kinds, HP Lovecraft style creatures/horror (Halloween III had some of that), werewolves and vampires, alternate dimensions, etc. Something different at least or not done too often (enough). Not every chapter had to be fantastical. There could have been some more grounded horror stories as well, but I am sick and tired of killer that is the equivalent of a super soldier with the invincibility cheat on.
Blame all the sequelitis in between the original movie and the latest. If they just said, “Hey, let’s revisit this idea of a stone cold serial killer that’s gone from being a young kid to an old man, but we’ll do it with a more modern tone.” if it was nearly four decades since the last movie, it wouldn’t have that feeling of needing to offload a ton of baggage first to get on board with it.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Blame all the sequelitis in between the original movie and the latest. If they just said, “Hey, let’s revisit this idea of a stone cold serial killer that’s gone from being a young kid to an old man, but we’ll do it with a more modern tone.” if it was nearly four decades since the last movie, it wouldn’t have that feeling of needing to offload a ton of baggage first to get on board with it.
I know, and it only vexes me further. The whole blame lies on the studio and whiny fans who could not get the fuck over themselves, because "We want Michael!" did not show up in the 3rd installment. The fucker was burnt to a crisp! What the fuck do you idiots want? They got what they wanted, and most ended being dissatisfied, or upset at some point in their lives.