General Gaming News.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
A Shinobi III style platformer with a cyber ninja?! Why didn't anybody tell me sooner?! Moonrider is made by the same team that did Blazing Chrome! A demo comes out this Monday on Steam.

Reactions: Specter Von Baren

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Another one upset about stadia shutting down

Not sure why they would go hardcore that much on stadia, but a heavy loss I’m sure
This is the perfect albeit tough lesson to be learned about how online gaming can literally be taken away from people; especially when it’s tied to a streaming service.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland

Silver lining is no one would be actually dumb enough to buy this.... right?

I'm sure theres like 5 people who haven't already bought it that were desperately waiting for this.

Says me who somehow owns 2-3 copies and never so much as installed it(I think I only purchased one of those)

Last edited:
Reactions: BrawlMan

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
I'm sure there's plenty of people who just want to play skyrim on the move.

I'm more curious why bethesda seem not to give a shit about getting 6 out of the door, if their decade old game can still sell full price, they gotta realize that 6 would literally move millions of copy day 1. Yet they seem to treat it like their lowest priority. I know people love to say that exec are all greedy bastard, but I don't think that's true at all, or at least I don't think that's the main reason they ruin perefctly good game company. I think they're just idiot, plain and simple.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland

I'm more curious why bethesda seem not to give a shit about getting 6 out of the door, if their decade old game can still sell full price, they gotta realize that 6 would literally move millions of copy day 1. Yet they seem to treat it like their lowest priority. I know people love to say that exec are all greedy bastard, but I don't think that's true at all, or at least I don't think that's the main reason they ruin perefctly good game company. I think they're just idiot, plain and simple.

Well, we all saw the disaster that was FO76s launch so something has clearly gone wrong.

I'm willing to consult for a (not) excessive fee, Besthesda. I have no training, degree or experience but clearly such things don't matter to you so Call Me.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017

But Skyrim has been on the Switch since like Switch's launch. They already can play it on the system? Why another full price release? In case people forgot they already bought it or something?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

RIP Disco Elysium.
That's stupid. Why kick out all the people who made the game a success? Hope it was fucking worth it, because you're never getting something like that again. I did read the article, but I am still a little confused. The guy said the company was not structured at all, but still does not explain why dropping people like they're hot potatoes. Other than being petty dickwads.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
That's stupid. Why kick out all the people who made the game a success? Hope it was fucking worth it, because you're never getting something like that again. I did read the article, but I am still a little confused. The guy said the company was not structured at all, but still does not explain why dropping people like they're hot potatoes. Other than being petty dickwads.
There's very little detail so its hard to know but they might have been asking for major kickback from the game success and the company wasn't willing to go that far.

Reactions: BrawlMan

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
There's very little detail so its hard to know but they might have been asking for major kickback from the game success and the company wasn't willing to go that far.
See I think this is the wrong way to go about doing business with your company. If you sign a contract to make a thing for whatever pay you agree to, then that thing's success should be used as a tool for the NEXT thing you make, not retroactively trying to change your previously signed contract.

Basically leverage the success of DIsco for your next game project to negotiate a bigger pay contract on the front and the back end. That's how you do that, because it not only gets you more money, but it also gives you future business and keeps you employed.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Still not buying your shit, Tencent. Die...

The major flaws of being all digital. It's funny when people don't listen until the situation is too late or happens to something they care about.

Indeed, it is.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
See I think this is the wrong way to go about doing business with your company. If you sign a contract to make a thing for whatever pay you agree to, then that thing's success should be used as a tool for the NEXT thing you make, not retroactively trying to change your previously signed contract.

Basically leverage the success of DIsco for your next game project to negotiate a bigger pay contract on the front and the back end. That's how you do that, because it not only gets you more money, but it also gives you future business and keeps you employed.
Just to be clear, I have no idea if that's what happened. I just see it that, just as publisher can be greedy bastard so can employee and if the two couldn't come to an agreement the outcome would probably end up with employee fired.

Like brawlman said, its dumb to fire the people who just laid a golden egg so there might have been a "good" reason why they did it. Or it could have been that the two were having reasonable creative difference, say the publisher would push the team to just make more of the same while the team was pushing to make something very different and making something the publisher wasn't interested in publishing.

The game did come out almost 3 years ago and I don't think we've heard anything about the next project the team was working on.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Reactions: FakeSympathy