Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
The only nice thing to say about Anthem is that it's flying mechanics make a better Iron Man game. Yet so far, no one wants to put the actual effort to make a good one.
Maybe ME4 will have flying? And actually check the animations before the game drops this time?

I don't have a lot of hope at this point for ME4 or DA4 but they're presumably gonna happens so IDK. If those fail, Bioware is probably gonna get taken behind the barn by EA and given the Old Yeller treatement and at this point I doubt many will see this as much more then a mercy kill.

Last edited:

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Wasn't the whole point of most of the shit in SH2 being that it reflected some part of James mental and emotional state? So Pyramid head makes sense in SH2 but they kept bringing him back afterwards because everyone apparently liked him so much or something?

I'm not super familiar with the series so I could be wrong here.
It’s because of this (Konami whoring him out) the artist who created him has said he regrets ever making him. He doesn’t explain it but it’s not difficult to surmise as much by any stretch.

I don’t like to rush to judgment but the argument that Silent Hill as an IP probably should’ve ended with Team Silent isn’t without merit. It sucks, especially since RE found renewed success via remakes, but there wasn’t much nuance to anything in those games in the first place so really anything would’ve been an improvement. Although still, they wound up removing some of the more innovative things like scenarios and leaving items behind for other characters to find.

Reactions: Dalisclock

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
RE found renewed success via remakes, but there wasn’t much nuance to anything in those games in the first place so really anything would’ve been an improvement. Although still, they wound up removing some of the more innovative things with scenarios and leaving items behind for other characters to find.
I somewhat disagree. The Resident Evil games have plenty of nuance, just done in their own way and depends on what titi you are talking about. Classic RE2 and RE3 have plenty of nuance and its environment and some of its monsters. Not to mention that great level design and use a backtracking. The remakes have plenty of their own moments, though RE3 remake the slip up in a few areas.

Reactions: Specter Von Baren

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Was this the thing about Bloodborne box art? Like, just WT actual F did they think was gonna happen? Sony at this point when it comes to Bloodborne news, just stomp on our balls instead because that’s probably less painful.
Yeah, especially since Sony knows the PC community has been begging for Bloodborne for ages and they just need to shut up instead of pulling shit like this.

Reactions: BrawlMan

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Yeah, especially since Sony knows the PC community has been begging for Bloodborne for ages and they just need to shut up instead of pulling shit like this.
Or they could, like, actually follow through on it and make everyone happy! Bloodborne’s engine can’t be that much different than DS3’s, and a modder even got a homebrew 60fps working on PS4 Pro, so it boils down to mostly a licensing issue vs technical coding hurdles. I really don’t see Bluepoint redoing it either since it’s too early and isn’t one of Sony’s cinematic darlings.

So Sony/FROM, for the love of beasts please figure some shit out. Even a proper PS5 update is better than nothing.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Or they could, like, actually follow through on it and make everyone happy! Bloodborne’s engine can’t be that much different than DS3’s, and a modder even got a homebrew 60fps working on PS4 Pro, so it boils down to mostly a licensing issue vs technical coding hurdles. I really don’t see Bluepoint redoing it either since it’s too early and isn’t one of Sony’s cinematic darlings.

So Sony/FROM, for the love of beasts please figure some shit out. Even a proper PS5 update is better than nothing.
My guess is there has to be some legal hang-up that is stopping it from happening. Bloodborne was a contracted game, so it's possible that From still owns the Code for the game and they are busy doing other things and aren't interested in porting the game or remastering or whatever. It could be any number of things that are locking up a port or a remaster from happening.

Reactions: Dalisclock

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Tell us something we don't know Microsoft.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US
RE Showcase:
More on Winters expansion for RE Village

RE: Verse is some osrt of hero-shooter featuring major RE characters. Looks like it'll be a live-service game

REV will come to mac natively, and Switch as cloud

RE4 Remake Gameplay finally! Looks like gone are the classic tank controls, and replaced with more modernized 3rd person controls. Even has the shoot-in-the-face-then-round-house-kick maneuver, and makes it natural in combination with the modern controls. Character models look great for the most part, but I can't help but feel Luis looks weird.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Character models look great for the most part, but I can't help but feel Luis looks weird.
You'll get used to it. Luis looks awesome.

More noticeable and awesome things:
  • Leon's knife has durability and can be leveled up. The knife can be used to parry attacks.​
  • Like in RE5, you can stab enemies on the ground, a la button prompt.​
  • Leon can actually run and crouch. There is now a stealth system, and I am getting Evil Within vibes from it.​
  • Serious and creepy as fuck. I love it.​
  • Dr. Salvador looks even more fucked up. He's gonna cause a new generation of nightmares.​

Last edited:

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US
You'll get used to it. Luis looks awesome.

More noticeable and awesome things:
  • Leon's knife has durability and can be leveled up. The knife can be used to parry attacks.​
  • Like in RE5, you can stab enemies on the ground, a la button prompt.​
  • Leon can actually run and crouch. There is now a stealth system, and I am getting Evil Within vibes from it.​
  • Serious and creepy as fuck. I love it.​
  • Dr. Salvador looks even more fucked up. He's gonna cause a new generation of nightmares.​
I also noticed Leon does throw in a one-liner here and there. Good to know he still has the trace of the original Leon and not completely stoic

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I also noticed Leon does throw in a one-liner here and there. Good to know he still has the trace of the original Leon and not completely stoic
I don't know what everyone was worried about. RE2Remake and RE3Remake had plenty of corny one-liners, so I already doubted Capcom would not take those out of RE4Remake.

"Where's everyone going... bingo?" OR RIOT
It'll be there or some variation of it.

Reactions: FakeSympathy

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
Maybe ME4 will have flying?
Maybe but probably more something like the jumping system from Andromeda because full flight mechanics make level designers cry and reach for the invisible walls and ceilings.

And actually check the animations before the game drops this time?
Pfffft... what else do you want? End game content in place and ready to go? Variety of missions? Less grind? No stupid online service for singleplayer? QA taken seriously?