Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland

After Capcom and Konami dropping revivals of their main horror IPs, it wouldn't seem too far fetched for Square Enix to try to get a set at the table with a Parasite Eve reboot.
I want Atlus to do a modern port of Radiant Historia. We're getting ones for Persona so maybe we have a chance.

Just throwing it out there. Granted, I fully admit I might be the only one who cares about that game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Specter Von Baren

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Can't exactly blame Japan on this.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
I want Atlus to do a modern port of Radiant Historia. We're getting ones for Persona so maybe we have a chance.

Just throwing it out there. Granted, I fully admit I might be the only one who cares about that game.
Well square enix has radiant stories, so maybe they'll port that, that's like half of radiant historia

I'd fuckin love that, but that's a game I'm the only one who care about.

Reactions: Specter Von Baren

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Well square enix has radiant stories, so maybe they'll port that, that's like half of radiant historia

I barely heard of this game, don't know much about it, but you are never the only one.

Reactions: meiam

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
Pfffft... all I read was "wah wah wah Japan doesn't like cryptodouchery'. Not seeing how making it harder for fuckwits to crowbar cryptofuckery into games will effect Japanese gaming... except making it better.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010

If putting the kibosh on cryptocurrency makes them lose their leadership status in gaming, then the industry desperately needs better leadership.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Pfffft... all I read was "wah wah wah Japan doesn't like cryptodouchery'. Not seeing how making it harder for fuckwits to crowbar cryptofuckery into games will effect Japanese gaming... except making it better.
If putting the kibosh on cryptocurrency makes them lose their leadership status in gaming, then the industry desperately needs better leadership.
I see writer of the articles lying to themselves, their bosses, and whoever was dumb enough to buy into the scam in the first place. Considering Capcom, Square Enix, KT, Nintendo, Sega, and many other Japanese developers are doing between excellent and fine, these assholes just like to hear themselves talk.

Last edited:
Reactions: RhombusHatesYou

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
I see writer of the articles lying to themselves, their bosses, and whoever was dumb enough to buy into the scam in the first place. Considering Capcom, Enix, Nintendo, Sega, and many other Japanese developers are doing between excellent and fine, these assholes just like to hear themselves talk.
It's the assertion that cryptogaming is the future that makes me laugh.

Sid Meier was right, back in March, for admonishing the industry that it needs to focus on making games fun rather than focusing on monetisation... and these cryptofucks exemplify that problem.

Reactions: BrawlMan

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland

I briefly looked over the wiki article but I'm not really seeing how it relates to Radiant Historia. Could you elaborate?

Unless it was a joke about the name.

Last edited:

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
I briefly looked over the wiki article but I'm not really seeing how it relates to Radiant Historia. Could you elaborate?

Unless it was a joke about the name.
It was just a joke about the name.

Sorta similar idea in that you have to constantly replay the game to get everything out of it because the game is on a timer (think majora mask meet P3-5) with a bunch of different character you can recruit.

Neat idea, not the best execution.

Fun fact about radiant historia, I brought a surprisingly cheap copy on ebay but it was japanese version, I don't know why buying it from japan and shipping it to NA was half the price of the NA version, but maybe it undersold in japan and oversold in NA?

Reactions: Dalisclock

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Symbiogenesis, according to Wiktionary, is “the merging of two separate organisms to form a single new organism.” It is the basis for the story of Parasite Eve, which first began as a novel in 1995 before expanding into a video game series developed by Square Enix in 1998.
I dont think Parasite Eve is important enough to Squenix to warrant a new game or full on remake, so I'm guessing maybe a bundled rerelease of PE 1-2 that hopefully doesn't acknowledge Third Birthday whatsoever. Possibly also remaster, but a very basic minimal effort one, like Chrono Cross.

Or, you know, it's a big fat nothing, just Squenix trademarking shit so can hold onto the IP or something

Reactions: Dalisclock

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010

I dont think Parasite Eve is important enough to Squenix to warrant a new game or full on remake, so I'm guessing maybe a bundled rerelease of PE 1-2 that hopefully doesn't acknowledge Third Birthday whatsoever. Possibly also remaster, but a very basic minimal effort one, like Chrono Cross.

Or, you know, it's a big fat nothing, just Squenix trademarking shit so can hold onto the IP or something
Hummm resident evil is pretty popular at the moment so SE might just try to ride that wave a bit.

I'd totally take a re release and they've been doing a lot of those.