General Gaming News.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Forspoken's review embargo is set

If you are curious about why that specific date, it's because it's one day before the launch. It just keeps checking off lists of signs of a bad game; Ridiculous optimization on pc, multiple delays, denuvo, huge file size of 150 GB, multiple delays, and now this.
Well at least it isn't launch day itself.

Reactions: FakeSympathy

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
We need to talk about (or to) war thunder's fanbase.

Not the first time. Not even the second time. Boy howdy, some people just need to win Internet arguments.

If you are curious about why that specific date, it's because it's one day before the launch. It just keeps checking off lists of signs of a bad game; Ridiculous optimization on pc, multiple delays, denuvo, huge file size of 150 GB, multiple delays, and now this.
"If we keep people from putting out reviews until the last minute, maybe not everyone will be able to get their refund requests for preorders processed in time."

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
More on Dead Island 2 gameplay. Okay, it's more foucsed on sound designs, but we got some footage that wasn't seen before

And I'm noticing a few flaws here and there; Why are there copies of same zombie design right next to each other? Where are the zombies that are supposed to react to your attacks? They just stand there.

But there are some cool details too, like their clothes getting damaged as you attack them, the objects in the environment being affected by the action, and different blood splatters for different types of weapons

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020

Yummie, I can taste the confidence.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
That's the thing that makes Japanese so fucking hard to learn, the same shit can mean so many different things depending on how they're said. I'll often pick out specific words that I feel like I know what they mean, but the subtle is different and it's not because of a bad sub, it's because of the context of the phrase. It's so difficult to keep track of.
Yeah that's what you need experience for. And games are good in that respect cause immersion is a good way to get experience. You just gotta think about it differently. Also I think it may be harder for native english speakers cause there's fewer homonyms in english so you're less used to the same word having different meanings. Lots of my classmates back in college struggled when the same sound meant like 8 different things based on which kanji was being used at the time, whereas the way I think about it is more about the surrounding words leading me to the meaning of the kanji than it itself having that meaning.

Reactions: CriticalGaming

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Last edited:

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Doesn't bother me much and we all saw this coming. I really don't know why this is much of a shock or news. I'll get the PS5 and I feel like it. Probably save it as a birthday gift.
Yeah I mean at some point the previous generation gets left behind, and typically it's about 2-3 years after the next generation begins. We are in the 3rd year of the ps5 era and the console is now pretty available in the U.S. at least. As more time passes the supply will fill out everywhere and then it will simply be a matter of upgrading or skipping out on the generation entirely.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
Reactions: Dalisclock

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Good news I guess? They ruined the franchise so much by this point. I am not sure if it's salvagable, or if I can trust a new studio.
Or maybe is this a sign for Halo to be put to the rest?
I know the Halo fans have other games they want to play and then there are those that do enjoy Infinite, but there's nothing left for this series at this point. Unless you have a new protagonist or just do a new franchise. Microsoft really does not know what to do anymore. Everybody keeps claiming their games are coming at some point or they're saying they got them ready when they're ready, but show something and stop saying "it's coming/it'll be here soon!". You've all had about three freaking years at this point! Either you have something or you don't! Why bother buying all these studios if you're just going to have them sit on their asses and do nothing? And if you do have something, I'm still not going to get your new console right away. The only ones I even come close to caring about is Ninja Theory.

Microsoft can't rely on Gears of War forever either. I know Gears 5 did well, but it's just another Xbox 360 game with semi open ended level design and a new coat of paint. Cover shooters have been played out even before that game's release. As much as I have my problems with Microsoft, I don't want it to just be Nintendo and Sony. I already went through one version of that back in the '90s. I don't need that feeling a second time. Get your shit together, Microsoft. If you really don't care, just say it and move on. Stop jerking everybody around.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017

I don't know what this guy is trying to show in this tweet, but he hits an enemy twice that barely responds to the attacks, runs away and the enemy doesn't seem all that interested in chasing him down. This showcases how stiff, and janky the combat is and while this appears to still be the demo.....I can't possibly image they've changed the full game to the point of making it feel good to play.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US

I don't know what this guy is trying to show in this tweet, but he hits an enemy twice that barely responds to the attacks, runs away and the enemy doesn't seem all that interested in chasing him down. This showcases how stiff, and janky the combat is and while this appears to still be the demo.....I can't possibly image they've changed the full game to the point of making it feel good to play.
And the irony of music making it sound like this is some sort of life-or-death situation, epic battle to decide the fate of the land