General Gaming News.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
The FE franchise thouroughly left me behind since the SNES/GBA days(which, tbf, they apparently were losing cash). At the same time since apparently child grooming is an integral part of new FE experience, I'm okay with that.
Frankly I'm too stupid to play tactics games. I'm too, zugzug smash in playstyle and end up with everyone dead.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
Why are people still trying to act like the Ps5 doesnt have any games? Bro the shitty gameless console is THAT way *points at the black refrigerator*
I mean, both can be true. PS5 has a bunch of games but most of em are also on ps4 which is mainly the thing.

Frankly I'm too stupid to play tactics games. I'm too, zugzug smash in playstyle and end up with everyone dead.
FE is not very tactical in its tactics, it's more like pokemon on a map. Fighters beat riders, riders beat archers, archers beat fighters, that kinda thing, to me it feels like just a slower Jrpg combat style. Now if it's real time strategy I can see it being a bit harder but FE is definitely not, you mainly play it for the story and chars.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
My problem is that I get too focused on one part of the battle and end up getting caught by surprise by something else. Real-time or turn-based, always happens.
This is a big problem for me in RTS and real times tactic games like Dragon Age Origins(before I got my guys able to handle themeselves). When it's turned base I can generally take a moment figure out the biggest threats and move my dudes around accordingly.

Real Time games feels like it's too easy to get overwhelmed and flanked/surrounded.

Also any Souls boss where you have to fight two or more dudes at the same time are a nightmare for me.Yes I'm that one guy who didn't find Prowling Magus and Congregation from DS2 a cakewalk because I couldn't seem to be able to handle the crowd control so I had to do that boss like 5+ times.

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
This is a big problem for me in RTS and real times tactic games like Dragon Age Origins(before I got my guys able to handle themeselves). When it's turned base I can generally take a moment figure out the biggest threats and move my dudes around accordingly.

Real Time games feels like it's too easy to get overwhelmed and flanked/surrounded.

Also any Souls boss where you have to fight two or more dudes at the same time are a nightmare for me.

No plan survives contact with dodgy camera controls.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Also any Souls boss where you have to fight two or more dudes at the same time are a nightmare for me.Yes I'm that one guy who didn't find Prowling Magus and Congregation from DS2 a cakewalk because I couldn't seem to be able to handle the crowd control so I had to do that boss like 5+ times.
It's so much worse in the Ninja Gaiden games. I don't blame you and I would not want to experience what happened to you either. This section with Ayane took me 3 tries. I don't even want to imagine playing this boss fight on the hardest difficulty. The third video is not a boss fight, but might as well be with the amount of ninjas you have to fight in the big ass stairwell.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dalisclock

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa

My issue with RTS is less not being able to handle it but more not being able to enjoy it. You can rarely just sit there and look at an action you just did, you have to move to the next action and keep going. If you sit there to enjoy the spectacle of your cool strategy it's inefficient so especially with games where you juggle a bunch of things I just don't have fun. This is why I haven't picked up the Diofield Chronicle yet, cause it's like FFT but real time, and that kinda ruins it for me despite really loving FFT. I will play the remake of Ogre Tactics before going to it I feel like.

I remember the congregation boss fight, I just kinda...used the heavy attack on my STR build and hit like 6 dudes at a time with it lol. That game had a lot of bits where you got mobbed but my build was kinda the counter to that due to the wide swings.

Reactions: Dalisclock

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
If you want you can try disgaea which doesn't really care if you end up with everyone dead, but its super fucking grindy so that's not so great.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
If you want you can try disgaea which doesn't really care if you end up with everyone dead, but its super fucking grindy so that's not so great.
I think the grind is kinda the point of disgaea. The story is pretty great too if you're in for a more amusing tale that doesn't take itself seriously but the real meat of the game is grinding to level 99999 and what have you.

Reactions: meiam

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Ok, I have a new insult now. Two, actually. Thanks.
I don’t suppose it would be worth telling anyone at NetEase that basically the entire player base outside China think they’re all at best whingers who make unreasonable cultural demands of the game and at worst, fucking spies and that them parting ways with Blizzard is the single most welcome decision the company has made in a decade and that they won’t be missed. Like sure, push over that statue of Gorehowl; its just going to make you look petulant.

Reactions: BrawlMan

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
My problem is that I get too focused on one part of the battle and end up getting caught by surprise by something else. Real-time or turn-based, always happens.
My problem is the ten thousand fucking hot keys and mouse scrolling/clicking combinations during base setup needed to play effectively on any mission where the enemy isn’t just waiting around for me to do shit.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Well this is a facepalm if you ask me
This is so ironic that hardcore Republicans care about the Xbox now. While back in the early and late 2000s they were railing on and hating XBOX and X360. Fox News even dubbed the console, "The SexBox", because of the sex scenes in the first Mass Effect game. Fuck off you hypocritical and blame shifting a-holes.

Reactions: FakeSympathy

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra

Well this is a facepalm if you ask me
We're in an era where elected Republican politicians equate gasoline engines with masculinity, and an entire state legislature voted to symbolically ban electric vehicles. I just can't even manage a disappointed look anymore. Hey, Tommy, field this one for me?

Thanks, bud.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US

Wow, dick move as always, Blizzard. At least the man kept his integrity. Not many people are capable of that, and mad respect from me trying to defy the exec shitheads

Reactions: BrawlMan

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
So apparently, the english localization of the new FE totally removed all romance, also all talks of beauty or looks. I have been seeing a lot of comparisons, stuff like "I need to hone my looks" gets turned into "I need to try to be kinder" and entire outbursts of "I love you to death!" get removed and not only the original Japanese, but even the translations of it in chinese and spanish also are the same. It's just the english version that changes talks of romance into talks of friendship. Cause we all know you give your best friend a ring to mark your friendship.

Not gotten the game yet, will try to play it in JP, whoever is handling the localization of FE in english is cursed and has been for a while now actually.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
So apparently, the english localization of the new FE totally removed all romance, also all talks of beauty or looks. I have been seeing a lot of comparisons, stuff like "I need to hone my looks" gets turned into "I need to try to be kinder" and entire outbursts of "I love you to death!" get removed and not only the original Japanese, but even the translations of it in chinese and spanish also are the same. It's just the english version that changes talks of romance into talks of friendship. Cause we all know you give your best friend a ring to mark your friendship.

Not gotten the game yet, will try to play it in JP, whoever is handling the localization of FE in english is cursed and has been for a while now actually.
Relationships are forbidden.