General Gaming News.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010

....Because this is totally what the original idea was about, and Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts was a total success!
Sigh.

Okay company, let's get one things straight, trailer are add. Normally you have to pay other company to force people to watch add. But see, some degenerate people, like me, will willingly watch your add, with no monetary intensive. So maybe, just maybe, the least you could do is not force us to watch an add before we watch your add??

Anyway, on the game. I don't think these "build your own crazy vehicle" can ever really work because at the end of the day, you need vehicle to be restricted in what they do so we have to go trough the level created. This means almost every change you can make are just cosmetic in nature and don't really affect what you make, at the end of the game, my crazy contraption will be almost identical to everyone crazy contraption, they might look different, but a car is a car and a plane is a plane.

Chupathingy

CONTROL Agent
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
I guess CA is confident to 'properly' release Immortal Empires now. Let's hope it's a smooth one.

And the patch update to go with it.

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Last edited:

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Here's the conclusion they drew from the high profile failure of Saints Row
"Each project has to earn its right to exist, which means we will increase our efforts to put quality first even further, and make sure we create unique positive player experiences."
In short, "we need to make better games". Facepalm. No, you need to buy up more studios and IPs to churn out mediocre toss. That'll do the trick /s

Good for them. They kind of need big hit of their own, rather than from mercenary work for other companies (i.e. Revengeance, Nier Automata)

Reactions: BrawlMan

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Technically yes, since Nintendo bankrolled it, but I meant it in the sense that Bayo is Platinum's IP, their creation. All creative credit goes to them. Something that doesn't really apply to either Metal Gear and Drakengard/Nier.
Makes you wonder what Scalebound could have been.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Makes you wonder what Scalebound could have been.
Who knows. Tho we might just see yet. It was reported last month Platinum and Microsoft have apparently been in early talks to revive the project.
Wouldn't hold my breath tho. But Microsoft did just score a hit with Hi Fi Rush, which also has that PS2 era Capcom style of gameplay Platinum has also inherited. And they could use some exclusives. So maybe they want more of that. Then again, they already have Tango Gameworks to fill that Capcom successor niche.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Here's the conclusion they drew from the high profile failure of Saints Row
In short, "we need to make better games". Facepalm. No, you need to buy up more studios and IPs to churn out mediocre toss. That'll do the trick /s

Good for them. They kind of need big hit of their own, rather than from mercenary work for other companies (i.e. Revengeance, Nier Automata)
Congratulations Platinum! In your face Pat! I am in a really good mood right now! Thanks Chimp!

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Who knows. Tho we might just see yet. It was reported last month Platinum and Microsoft have apparently been in early talks to revive the project.
Wouldn't hold my breath tho. But Microsoft did just score a hit with Hi Fi Rush, which also has that PS2 era Capcom style of gameplay Platinum has also inherited. And they could use some exclusives. So maybe they want more of that. Then again, they already have Tango Gameworks to fill that Capcom successor niche.
I'm glad there are talks to revived the project, but Microsoft can still screw off for what they did. Platinum does share some blame, but Microsoft was going too hard and trying to control everything and make it multiplayer focused. Hopefully if they do or buy the project, they'll let Platinum do their own thing and build a single player focus experience. Until then, I'll just keep playing Bayonetta 3, and wait on whatever new Giant superhero project Kamiya has got on his hands.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Well, I mean, the "expectations" were that it would suck so hard as to form a black hole capable of devouring the universe, so....
Considering 2022 has been a great year for all things Sonic, I'm more than happy for the Frontiers success. I just really hope Sega actually learnd and doesn't make the same mistake of, double down on the new thing while not doing any improvements on the formula. At this point, just make a different Sonic game but try not to reinvent the wheel. Have Sonic's friends be playable again. There's no reason not to. Hell, you can do a Knuckles and Rouge spinoff, and I wouldn't have a problem. Sega could take what they learned from Frontiers, and add more DMC and Platinum style combat. You won't believe how many combo videos people have of Sonic Frontiers.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
I guess CA is confident to 'properly' release Immortal Empires now. Let's hope it's a smooth one.

And the patch update to go with it.
Honestly its bee pretty stable since the first big patch they did after launch, and this new patch is surprisingly sparse in new features. The only big things is that people will be able to buy race individually now, but considering both 1 and 2 often go on sales for super cheap, that's not that big of a change.

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Who's Pat?
Former member of Two Best Friends. He's the balding guy with red hair who does the podcasts with Woolie (Dreadlocks) on Castle Super Beasts. Neither of them liked Bayonetta 3 by the end of their respective playthroughs. Pat sees it as the equivalent of Dark Souls 2. I disagree with him big time. It doesn't help that Pat won't shut up about it when playing an action game of a similar caliber or not in his recent streams.

Not in this video, but he later expressed thoughts and saying that the game wouldn't sell well, because of online reception to the more controversial story elements and certain gameplay changes. Woolie thought the game would sell okay. Pat seemed to forget or didn't realize, that vocal minority (and some minor online discourse) doesn't change sales or overall reception. There are problems I agree with them on about the game, but it seems like Pat just wanted the game to fail or assumed it would.

Last edited:

Absent

And twice is the only way to live.
Jan 25, 2023
Country
Switzerland
Think of it this way, if you're too fat to fit into a standard issue amusement park ride, you'd probably get a heart attack riding it.
Plus, there may be a matter of total weight calculation. If you multiply the excess by the number of seats you may have to re-calculate more than the car's width.

Reactions: Johnny Novgorod