General Gaming News.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US

TL;DR
A small-time indie devs group had to DMCA their own game because the publisher screwed them over with unlawful steam sale, revenue theft, and abuse

Best of luck to them. Like holy shit that must be painful.

Reactions: BrawlMan

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra

TL;DR
A small-time indie devs group had to DMCA their own game because the publisher screwed them over with unlawful steam sale, revenue theft, and abuse

Best of luck to them. Like holy shit that must be painful.
Fuck me, this isn't even the first time that's happened! Remember Frogwares and The Sinking City? Why do publishers think they can get away with this- because they're dealing with small-time devs who don't have huge legal teams? Bad news, kids; the Internet will strike back!

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020

It's kind of sad.

Not that Gamestop is struggling cuz digital and Amazon ate their lunch. Fuck them, they suck donkey dick.

That we might be seeing the last years of the brick and mortar game store. Because one of my favorite game-related things in the days before the internet, was going to my local store and peruse the shelves, not really knowing what I'd find, then spend some time talking with the staff and other customers. Modern conveniences of basically made the physical store practically obsolete, but if and when they fully disappear, that would be like a small part of my childhood dying, and that feels kind of sad.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

It's kind of sad.

Not that Gamestop is struggling cuz digital and Amazon ate their lunch. Fuck them, they suck donkey dick.

That we might be seeing the last years of the brick and mortar game store. Because one of my favorite game-related things in the days before the internet, was going to my local store and peruse the shelves, not really knowing what I'd find, then spend some time talking with the staff and other customers. Modern conveniences of basically made the physical store practically obsolete, but if and when they fully disappear, that would be like a small part of my childhood dying, and that feels kind of sad.
I know we're not all lucky, but I'm thankful for at least having other game stores around my area that are not GameStop. The only thing that sucks about Disc Replay is that they only carry used games, and the only thing they have new in are HDMI cords/converters, third-party accessory items, or Retron systems. There's another GameStop style store called GAME PLAY, but I think the only time they ever bother with new games, if it's mostly major AAA. They usually have controllers in stock and they'll usually have them on sale. RetroTaku is another cool place in Michigan, as they have new and used games. They mostly cater the niche things, but I see that as a big plus.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dalisclock

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I'll be happy if it leads to Nuts & Bolts and Viva Pinata coming to Switch.
Not into those games, but those are the only few positives I can think of at the moment. Well, turns out that Bed Bath employee was right and predicted the future. Though he assumed the deal would happened in the mid 2010s. Then again, some of the signs are already there with Smash Brothers Ultimate. Another reason is that Microsoft is in financial trouble with their Game Pass, so they need something to get their money back.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Copying it but also doing it wrong. It's like copying the homework but not being able to actually perform on the test because you didn't do the work yourself.
A shame. I was kinda hoping AH would be good because I honestly wouldn't mind playing another game like Bioshock. I mean, aside from the SS remake coming out someday.

Reactions: FakeSympathy

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
A shame. I was kinda hoping AH would be good because I honestly wouldn't mind playing another game like Bioshock. I mean, aside from the SS remake coming out someday.
Yeah I feel you there, but it's not going to come from a studio's first game. Hopefully they learn from the mistakes of AH and make a better game on their second try.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Getting some serious Bioshock Infinite Vibes from some of the cutscenes. Like "Copying bioshocks homework" kind of vibe.
Copying it but also doing it wrong. It's like copying the homework but not being able to actually perform on the test because you didn't do the work yourself.
Copying the worst parts of Far Cry 2-6, Wolfenstein (2009), and Wolfenstein: Young Blood's open world gameplay is doing no favors either.

Last edited: