General Gaming News.

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden
Think of it this way, if you're too fat to fit into a standard issue amusement park ride, you'd probably get a heart attack riding it.
Think of it this way: if the standard sized visitor cannot use your ride, is it really a well designed ride?

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Think of it this way: if the standard sized visitor cannot use your ride, is it really a well designed ride?
It's possible there's a design standard that didn't take the obesity epidemic in America when they designed this one ride. Or that it's a physical impossibility to fit the average American in that particularly designed ride without compromising the structural integrity of the ride. Or it was just made for kids. The possibilities are boundless and exciting.

Reactions: BrawlMan and Absent

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US

Chupathingy

CONTROL Agent
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Honestly its bee pretty stable since the first big patch they did after launch, and this new patch is surprisingly sparse in new features. The only big things is that people will be able to buy race individually now, but considering both 1 and 2 often go on sales for super cheap, that's not that big of a change.
Yeah, since the first patch we've only had some random freezes here and there but nothing too bad. Though it would be nice if they'd fix the pathing and sighting for gun units because that's still fucked.

The real purpose of that video feels more like they're saying "yes, we're still working on the game", and that the Chaos Dwarves are being added soon.

Reactions: meiam

Gyrobot

Ask Revachol/Renegades of Woke
May 13, 2020
Look on the bright side, the reactionary gamers who want their gangsters and ho's gamw get to cry harder as they will never get their SR2 remaster now and we can make another step towards being Baked and Woke. I see it as a win when Yahtzee called it the Blandest game of the year because that was exactly the things certain demographics want to see happen to their game

Blessed be KonradLeijon

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland

Ugh…. If this was a maybe psss for me before, it’s now a definitely pass.
Why are they even bothering with a physical if it's just a download code? Also, it goes without saying that Always online has no fucking business being required for SP games.

It wasn't funny when EA did it and it isn't funny now.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
Why are they even bothering with a physical if it's just a download code? Also, it goes without saying that Always online has no fucking business being required for SP games.

Remember when Fallout 76 also did this? Good times. But that game at least had an excuse of being an online game.

Absent

And twice is the only way to live.
Jan 25, 2023
Country
Switzerland
Just curious by the way. Can we quantify the ecological impact of videogaming if "always online requirements" were the norm ?

(Also isn't it the case, given people's reliance on clients and online features, like "achievements", etc ?)

Pet peeve. I'm the sort of person who gets secretely irritated by two coworkers communicating by email or cloud sharing when they're two meters away. "Invisible" carbon footprints freak me out a bit.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Ugh…. If this was a maybe psss for me before, it’s now a definitely pass.
I thought this was news last month. I could have sworn one of us posted at some point, but it doesn't matter. It's still bull crap and I am not buying. Back 4 Blood also did the same thing, and look how well that turned out.

It was nauseating when nearly every AAA company had an online pass. Capcom, Namco, Ubisoft, 2K, Sony, and Koei-Tecmo.

Reactions: Dalisclock

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
Just curious by the way. Can we quantify the ecological impact of videogaming if "always online requirements" were the norm ?

(Also isn't it the case, given people's reliance on clients and online features, like "achievements", etc ?)

Pet peeve. I'm the sort of person who gets secretely irritated by two coworkers communicating by email or cloud sharing when they're two meters away. "Invisible" carbon footprints freak me out a bit.
It would be really hard because it depend on where the server are located and at what time the activity occur.

As for carbon footprint of people communicating by email, the energy required to send an email is negligible, the physical exertion of moving and talking in person most likely create more CO2.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
This won't end well.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Remember when Fallout 76 also did this? Good times. But that game at least had an excuse of being an online game.
To be fair, FO76's launch was such a massive shitshow it's hard to remember everything that they fucked up. I remember accidently leaking a bunch of User Data through the QA system(somehow) and the mold helmet and the nylon bag thing because of how fucking nuts it was.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
To be fair, FO76's launch was such a massive shitshow it's hard to remember everything that they fucked up. I remember accidently leaking a bunch of User Data through the QA system(somehow) and the mold helmet and the nylon bag thing because of how fucking nuts it was.
I got you fam.

Reactions: Dalisclock

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Think of it this way, if you're too fat to fit into a standard issue amusement park ride, you'd probably get a heart attack riding it.
Fully details -
Are you too fat for Universal’s new Mario Kart ride? The average American guy is – Daily News

Instead of chastising an amusement park ride for being "fatphobic", maybe they need to understand no self-respecting adult should be participating in a kids ride anyways. Besides, it's just a matter of physics.

“If you size every seat for the largest possible person, you’re guaranteeing that a smaller child cannot ride,” Jim Shull, a theme park consultant and former Walt Disney Imagineer, told the Wall Street Journal.

Tighter restraints are designed to prevent small children from slipping out of the seat and to keep any visitor from exiting during the middle of the ride — either intentionally or unintentionally.

FFS how shameless can our 'Murican cultural gluttony get.