What have you purchased recently?

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
A new control panel for our sprinkler system. I swear, the first person who thought "you know what'd be cool? To own the building you live in and all the upkeep that comes with it" was completely out of their mind. It went from an $85 service fee to nearly $1,000 to replace the panel and repair a few damaged sprinkler heads. And that's after I talked him down from replacing MORE heads for nearly $2,000 because he felt the ones we've had forever were too short (they cover the lawn just fine, and I wasn't about to add another $800 because HE thought we should; I hate upselling.)
At that price I'd have dug it all up and gone out and brought a hose and sprinkler.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
At that price I'd have dug it all up and gone out and brought a hose and sprinkler.
At that price, I'm ready to burn this shit down, collect the insurance, and pay a couple years' rent in advance for a nice apartment to a landlord who can worry about plumbing, electrical, landscaping, and general maintenance. I swear, if it wasn't for the need of a bathroom, refrigeration, and reliable wi-fi, I'd comfortably live out of my fucking car over paying to fix up the next thing in this got damn house every two months.

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
At that price, I'm ready to burn this shit down, collect the insurance, and pay a couple years' rent in advance for a nice apartment to a landlord who can worry about plumbing, electrical, landscaping, and general maintenance. I swear, if it wasn't for the need of a bathroom, refrigeration, and reliable wi-fi, I'd comfortably live out of my fucking car over paying to fix up the next thing in this got damn house every two months.
As long as you had a landlord that actually bothers to get shit done. Mine only gets off his arse and puts a single cent into the triplex I live in when he absolutely has to, and even then he takes his sweet god damn time with it. Quality of life? Nicer living environment? Actually responding to text messages ever? Psshh, yeah right. We may as well not exist until anything rent related comes up, the fucker.
Count your blessings that when things need to get done, you know it's gonna get done. It could be faaarrr worse

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
With how much rent currently is in my area I could have something in my house break literally every month and I'd still be paying less for my mortgage, HOA fees, and repairs than I would to rent anything of a similar size. Rent is ludicrous right now.

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
With how much rent currently is in my area I could have something in my house break literally every month and I'd still be paying less for my mortgage, HOA fees, and repairs than I would to rent anything of a similar size. Rent is ludicrous right now.
That's assuming you can even find a place to rent. In the region where I live, thanks to covid-inspired 'tree-changers' (people moving out of cities) and a bunch of landlords deciding short stay accomodation (like AirBnB) is more profittable and less hassle than long term rental, there's a severe shortage of rental properties... actually, there's a severe shortage of properties period but even worse for rental properties. So of course, with a shortage in properties the actual rents have sky rocketed.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Starfox Zero. Kinda been wanting the game for my collection since its one of those that I don't think emuilation will ever be an option for. Plus, its more Starfox and some of those games are fantastic.

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
Come on, everyone knows that renters only exist to pay the landlords' mortgages.
Me and my neighbours have heard of their friends finding good landlords, so it's not like they don't exist... but definitely a diamond in the rough sort of thing. SPEAKING OF-

Starfox Zero. Kinda been wanting the game for my collection since its one of those that I don't think emuilation will ever be an option for. Plus, its more Starfox and some of those games are fantastic.
Hope you enjoy it! It has a little bit of a learning curve, cause the controls are a love it or hate it situation. I'm one of those whackos that quite enjoys the game, so, fingers crossed you do as well!

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Hope you enjoy it! It has a little bit of a learning curve, cause the controls are a love it or hate it situation. I'm one of those whackos that quite enjoys the game, so, fingers crossed you do as well!
Well, I kinda think I might if I get used to the controls since its based on Starfox 64 which is one of my top 10.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Creed III is early release on Amazon for $25 for 4K. I hope to watch tonight.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
A new CPU, mobo, ram, psu, case and a tube of thermal paste.

Reactions: gorfias

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Bought Spider-Man Miles Morales from the playstation store's spring sale. Been wanting to play it since it came out, but I wanted to do it on the PS5. Want to finish it before Spider-Man 2 comes out.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Details! Already had a GPU?
About 10 months to go for me.
I paid way too much for a 3080 last year, so I'm just moving that over. The CPU is a Ryzen 7 7800x3d, it sounds like its the best cpu for gaming on the market now and not badly priced if you can avoid scalpers, its a brand new chip so it sells out fast, but comes back in stock fast too. Also getting 32 gigs of ddr 5 ram, which is overkill since 16 gigs is still really all you need but.. ehh, overkill is fine.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
I paid way too much for a 3080 last year, so I'm just moving that over. The CPU is a Ryzen 7 7800x3d, it sounds like its the best cpu for gaming on the market now and not badly priced if you can avoid scalpers, its a brand new chip so it sells out fast, but comes back in stock fast too. Also getting 32 gigs of ddr 5 ram, which is overkill since 16 gigs is still really all you need but.. ehh, overkill is fine.
Linus says while he isn't finding the 3d chips particularly faster than non-3d, they run cooler at lower watts. As I intend to air cool, that matters a lot. Sounds like an amazing build! Congrats!

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Linus says while he isn't finding the 3d chips particularly faster than non-3d, they run cooler at lower watts. As I intend to air cool, that matters a lot. Sounds like an amazing build! Congrats!
In the tests they did the 7800x3d beat pretty much every other chip for gaming and used less power.