General Gaming News.

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden
Embracer Group have made their yearly report. Apparently, they had a major "strategic cooperation" in the works(worth 2 billion USD over 6 years time of development) that fell through in the last moment, and a weak overall showing meant the stock lost 40 % of its value.

I believe Embracer has the rights to Lord of The Rings, so I imagine that the title was one where they'd use that IP, though it could frankly be anything.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US

Interesting. Unlike MS, they release their games on their consoles first, wait a few years, THEN release to pc.

But I do think outsourcing the PC ports to other studios can be a gamble.

Reactions: Dalisclock

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
Let us know how you find it if you do try it out. I'm kinda surprised this isn't on Game Pass.
KILL! MAIM! BURN!...errr...for the Emprah of course.

I'm only 4 levels in but it feels very satisfying I have to say. I was never a fan of the key access labyrinth style of Doom because I suck at finding my way through things but I've only had one period of wandering round a level for 5 minutes wondering WTF I'm meant to do next and TBH it was mostly me being unobservant as usual. If oldschool Doom is your bag you'll definitely enjoy it from what I've played. It has given me that slight feeling of motion sickness after an hour, but I kind of expected that, those types of games always did.

One mild annoyance, although they do actually work, if you rebind the keys to use numpad, insert, home, page down etc or mouse buttons beyond mmb it doesn't display on the menu or various in game prompts. As an arrow key using scrub, this pisses me off.

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

The developer is called Cruel Man Studio, and they're based in Kowloon Bay, HK. Give me an actual release date, and I will sure more excitement.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines

I feel like we'll get tired of Black Suit Spidey really quickly. Also I wonder why Miles has two colors of venom strike now.

Anyway, it still looks freaking great. There's so much that you can do in the first game, I was wondering how they could possibly improve things in the sequel. Well, there you go. Sigh. Now I have to get a PS5.

Well, it's happening. Never got a chance to play it on PS2, so hopefully this is good. But, you know, Konami.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Why? Fans have been waiting forever on this, and you're going to go digital only? Remedy says it's to avoid the $70 charge, but they're self-publishing now. They can still charge $60, and make discs. No future plans for a disc version either. Fucking dumb.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010

Fans: Well, we'd love to see something that's not completely saturated by microtrans-

T2 CEO: NFT?
You know what they should that's never been seen before? How about making the game all about heist and then slowly releasing more heist as part of DLC over the lifetime of the game, there's so much potential there, can't believe they never did that.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
You know what they should that's never been seen before? How about making the game all about heist and then slowly releasing more heist as part of DLC over the lifetime of the game, there's so much potential there, can't believe they never did that.
IDK, I feel like GTA is more than just about heists. Yes they are fun, but what about all the stuff you can do when you picture a word "adult playground"? GTAO did go all in with this idea adding series of narrative missions, some of them being heists. But I feel like the problem came from how much player earns from those missions vs how much the cool shits cost. The grind was atrocious and it was obivious they were trying to get players to buy shark cards.

In other news, here are some more in-game screenshots of MGSD:

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
Gollum game reviews are rolling out. And go figure, it's not that good. I guess it can be slightly forgiving since it's made from a small team, but we've seen how much these types of devs can accomplish (Stardew Valley, Hollow Knight, etc)

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
Fuck them they are asking full AAA price for that garbage.
Also, they are charging extra for the option to have Elven language spoken. Because apparently it's hard to train the VAs for the language. I guess that's true, and both in the books and movies the elves switch between human language and their own, but that's is such a slap in the face for hardcore fans

Last edited:
Reactions: BrawlMan

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Gollum game reviews are rolling out. And go figure, it's not that good. I guess it can be slightly forgiving since it's made from a small team, but we've seen how much these types of devs can accomplish (Stardew Valley, Hollow Knight, etc)

I know nothing of it but based of the video thumbnails all I can think is why, why, WHY did they settle on a realistic art style when it should’ve been clear VERY EARLY ON that they couldn’t do it worth a shit.

Reactions: BrawlMan

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
Message from MGS dev team:
Fw7Nc07aIAErChq.jpg

The intentions are good and all, but who are these guys? Third-party porting studio? Konami's in-house dev team?

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009

I feel like we'll get tired of Black Suit Spidey really quickly. Also I wonder why Miles has two colors of venom strike now.

Anyway, it still looks freaking great. There's so much that you can do in the first game, I was wondering how they could possibly improve things in the sequel. Well, there you go. Sigh. Now I have to get a PS5.
I'm gonna make a prediction;

Kraven is going to fill the Mr. Negative role - the initial villain for the first 2/3 of the game. In which time Peter gets the symbiote suit, goes nuts, and Miles will have to fight him. This then ends with Peter managing to rid himself of the suit and the symbiote finding maybe Eddie, maybe Harry (who probably fills the role of best friend in an Aunt May or Otto Octavius way), and then we get Venom who will fill the Doc Ock role for the remainder of the game.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
I'm gonna make a prediction;

Kraven is going to fill the Mr. Negative role - the initial villain for the first 2/3 of the game. In which time Peter gets the symbiote suit, goes nuts, and Miles will have to fight him. This then ends with Peter managing to rid himself of the suit and the symbiote finding maybe Eddie, maybe Harry (who probably fills the role of best friend in an Aunt May or Otto Octavius way), and then we get Venom who will fill the Doc Ock role for the remainder of the game.
Sounds like a Spider-Man game. There will be other smaller time villains in there too, like the Lizard whom we've already seen.