Funny events in anti-woke world

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States

Clearly I should have made a separate thread, this is hilarious!
There's a movie idea here there the protagonist is just this innocent dude who constantly has things happen around him that make him look hilariously guilty of something.

I mean, that's not what's going on here, but still

Absent

And twice is the only way to live.
Jan 25, 2023
Country
Switzerland
There's a movie idea here there the protagonist is just this innocent dude who constantly has things happen around him that make him look hilariously guilty of something.

I mean, that's not what's going on here, but still
(It's called "the monster", with Roberto Benigni and Michel Blanc.)

Reactions: XsjadoBlayde

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
More crazies winning official representation.

Lol! Doctorates of theology is favourite running joke. Always enquire when anyone claims doctorhood in suspicious contexts, like say, certain anti-vaxx grifters, and there's a reasonable chance it'll turn out to be theology.
There's a lot going on there and my head hurts a lot just looking at it.

Also, I'd expect an actual Doctor of theology to have some kind of critical thinking skills, even if it's all thinking about JE-SUS. Hers is a honorary degree from a fucking diploma mill, so it's not even a participation trophy because she didn't bother to participate.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
There's a lot going on there and my head hurts a lot just looking at it.

Also, I'd expect an actual Doctor of theology to have some kind of critical thinking skills, even if it's all thinking about JE-SUS. Hers is a honorary degree from a fucking diploma mill, so it's not even a participation trophy because she didn't bother to participate.
Yeah it's a bit of a migraine just with the somewhat familiar ones, but the 'Obama Tornadoes for Palestine' really swerves off the beaten track and into flaming slurry for good.

True, those actual scholars tend to be capable of speaking/debating reasonably and usually doing their own thing in their own circles, of which is quite alien to me but still respectable and, at least from the few I've come across, keep up with modern science instead of the bitter denials of reactionary evangelicals. Like I said, suspicious is if someone's trying, like aforementioned anti-vaxxers or any other grift, to convince you of some dubious yet confidently stated claims, always worth raising an eyebrow towards a brandished doctorate. 😉

Reactions: Dalisclock

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Public officials trespassing on someone's property wearing a face covering and making bogus claims of legal justification for being there need to be sacked. They are not exactly poster boys for conscientiousness.
Agreed! Tho it would appear their face covering protects them from that. It definitely ain't there for warmth or COVID protections. That butterfly sanctuary gets a lot of shit like this due to their location, so the owners have gained a lot of respect for not backing down, staying informed and proactive. It is still worrying however, when factoring in the extremist tendencies around these environments.

Last edited:
Reactions: BrawlMan

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane

Clearly I should have made a separate thread, this is hilarious!
Did we do the part where this all got restarted when Paxton tried to impeach the speaker? Over him turning up to his job drunk. The session was INCREDIBLE. The speaker responded by calling out Paxton for his own behaviour that deserved punishment. Then they called each other liberals for trying to impeach each other

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Did we do the part where this all got restarted when Paxton tried to impeach the speaker? Over him turning up to his job drunk. The session was INCREDIBLE. The speaker responded by calling out Paxton for his own behaviour that deserved punishment. Then they called each other liberals for trying to impeach each other
Well I have heard (though haven't yet seen proof) that the legislature is shutting down until all of this is solved, which accomplishes exactly what I wanted to happen.

Reactions: BrawlMan

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
"son the only pocket money and inheritance you're going to get is what you gut from public services and weakened corporate tax loopholes"

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
(It's Trudeau he seething over, for those understandably not wanting to click further 👀)
I can't imagine why someone derisvely calling women "pathetic... girlies" doesn't have much sway with women.

Of course, the real problem is that they are not fawning over towering intellects like him.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
That second one I went into a bit deeper cos I thought they literally meant martial arts sparring. And I’m not sure if I’m disappointed or relieved it was just a slanging match.