Funny events in anti-woke world

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria
The first I ever heard of Berlusconi was that episode John Oliver did on Italian politics.

Last edited:

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
Not that much of an uplift when the guy is that much of a monstrous shit head. This is the first I've ever heard of Silvio, and I already don't like him.
There are some who argue Berlusconi was the original model for a lot of the right-wing populist pricks in politics at the moment, including Trump. Political outsider, conflicts of interest, corruption, populism, demagoguery, crass behaviour. He was actually quite moderate right wing in policies, although his time probably had a lot to do with the further right who stampeded through the gates after him.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
There are some who argue Berlusconi was the original model for a lot of the right-wing populist pricks in politics at the moment, including Trump. Political outsider, conflicts of interest, corruption, populism, demagoguery, crass behaviour. He was actually quite moderate right wing in policies, although his time probably had a lot to do with the further right who stampeded through the gates after him.
Which means Berlusconi can get fucked 5xs as hard.

Reactions: Ag3ma

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
No biggie, what with Carlson having America's biggest network backing him. Oh wait.

PsychedelicDiamond

Wild at Heart and weird on top
Legacy
Jan 30, 2011

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
I'd note that the Catholic church has a similar policy. It's meant to make sure that perpetrators feel safe to come forward with their crimes as they feel protected in the confessional box. Which might happen. And then the priests can try and convince them to see the police.

This is the point where this all falls apart. No, priests aren't going to do that. They are going to hide it

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
No biggie, what with Carlson having America's biggest network backing him. Oh wait.
The hyenas are turning on each other and I'm here for it.

Every accusation, a confession.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
I'd note that the Catholic church has a similar policy. It's meant to make sure that perpetrators feel safe to come forward with their crimes as they feel protected in the confessional box. Which might happen. And then the priests can try and convince them to see the police.

This is the point where this all falls apart. No, priests aren't going to do that. They are going to hide it
I seem to recall our illustrious government was trying to get in some legislation to make the Church subject to the same mandatory reporting guidelines as teachers and social workers etc in cases of child sexual abuse. Where did we end up landing on that?

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
I seem to recall our illustrious government was trying to get in some legislation to make the Church subject to the same mandatory reporting guidelines as teachers and social workers etc in cases of child sexual abuse. Where did we end up landing on that?
Churches enjoy their privileges. Given how many voting adherents they have, governments are often not willing to tackle those privileges.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020

Found some expired cream in my refrigerator yesterday. I blame WOKE cows!