General Gaming News.

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
Baldur's Gate 3 is finally coming to Xbox.

Previously, this was delayed indefinitely because Xbox demands feature parity between the Series S and Series X consoles, but Larian could not get split-screen to work properly on the Series S.

Apparently after a conversation with Phil Spencer at Gamescom, Phil has allowed Larian to ditch split-screen on Series S, to allow Larian to launch BG3 on Xbox this year.

Though, this does break Xbox's promise of feature parity between the two consoles, which raises questions as to when or if this will happen again in the future, and under what circumstances.

Presumably you can bend the rules a little, when you are a game of the year contender, and the only thing standing in your way is a feature that only a tiny minority of players will use.

Last edited:
Reactions: FakeSympathy

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Excuse me Mr. Hines, these comments make your game sound like shit.
Sterling just talked about this a few months ago with FF16 and other long games that take x amount of hours to get good. I remember back in the early 360 days, where defenders of the first saints row game said it took 5 to 10 hours for it to get good or get started. That's why my brother and I drop the game early on. We weren't having any fun.

Anyone signing up for this disaster can have "fun" with that. I'll be busy playing shorter and better games.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US

It’s so weird, because Bethesda games mostly have been great fun from the start. Fallout and Elder Scrolls game had freedom to explore, Doom games let you be a badass as soon as first level starts, and Dishonored/Prey let you be as creative or mundane as you want from the start.

These “x amount of hours to get good” are usually associated with build-focused games. So I wonder what Pete means?

Last edited:

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012

Hate to be the one to break it to him, but I probably wouldn't touch a game thats more then like 20..... unless it has some of the best gameplay in the world lol.

Core gameplay would popup well well before that mark (I mean, other then in a Kojima game, where you'd still be in the single digits of cutscenes XD), and he literally is burying the main story.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Video games already did that. I don't know why you're asking this question now.

Gyrobot

Ask Revachol/Renegades of Woke
May 13, 2020

Booo. What if I want to emulate the games I legally purchased and dumped tho? Nintendo hate all emulation tho, so they'll probably be all over this. Only upside is Denuvo charges a recurring subscription fee, so a lot of publishers end up removing Denuvo long term to get out of paying that fee.
The sweet sweet tears of weebs trying to important Japanese only games is going get the cruelest awakening since DMM said no gaijin allowed

Blessed be KonradLeijon

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
The sweet sweet tears of weebs trying to important Japanese only games is going get the cruelest awakening since DMM said no gaijin allowed

Blessed be KonradLeijon
Denuvo doesn't really have anything to do with DMM or importing Japanese games, but sure, whatever.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Sooooo ... still 1416% buggier than the average non-Bethesda game then?

Still not buying.

Reactions: FakeSympathy

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Sooooo ... still 1416% buggier than the average non-Bethesda game then?
I'll just wait for the patch that makes spaceships fly backwards.

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
Baldur's Gate 3 is finally coming to Xbox.

Previously, this was delayed indefinitely because Xbox demands feature parity between the Series S and Series X consoles, but Larian could not get split-screen to work properly on the Series S.

Apparently after a conversation with Phil Spencer at Gamescom, Phil has allowed Larian to ditch split-screen on Series S, to allow Larian to launch BG3 on Xbox this year.

Though, this does break Xbox's promise of feature parity between the two consoles, which raises questions as to when or if this will happen again in the future, and under what circumstances.

Presumably you can bend the rules a little, when you are a game of the year contender, and the only thing standing in your way is a feature that only a tiny minority of players will use.
See, it’s shit like that that makes it justifiable to think that Series S is a joke and not really worth developing for. At this point in the generation just call it a damn streaming/retro/Gamepass cloud gaming machine and be done with it.