Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
Reactions: BrawlMan

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Meanwhile digital PS5 is true parity aside from the physical drive.
Yet another of Xbox's blunders. Making a weaker system ultimately forces developers to make two configurations for the same fucking system that the game has to detect automatically in order to provide a good user experience depending on their system purchase.

Just like Baldur's Gate which can't handle the multiplayer on the Series S thanks to the dip in console power.

Old_Hunter_77

Elite Member
Dec 29, 2021
Country
United States
Yet another of Xbox's blunders. Making a weaker system ultimately forces developers to make two configurations for the same fucking system that the game has to detect automatically in order to provide a good user experience depending on their system purchase.

Just like Baldur's Gate which can't handle the multiplayer on the Series S thanks to the dip in console power.
I wouldn't be surprised if the Series S saved XBox's butt this generation, along with Gamepass of course. They had so many high profile failures with games that being the cheaper, easier more accessible option kept them in the game (so to speak).

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

I wouldn't be surprised if the Series S saved XBox's butt this generation, along with Gamepass of course. They had so many high profile failures with games that being the cheaper, easier more accessible option kept them in the game (so to speak).
Time stamped.

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States

Reminds me of 7th gen with the no HDD sku 360. They just don’t think things through on the hardware end. They’d be further ahead just providing software for the gaming industry at large.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

HAHAHAHHAHA!
What do Bethesda fans even want at this point? Why are they the surprise? What they have if they got all the free space and no invisible walls and the entire units?

I remember a time in an early YouTube days where they were Sonic fans complaining about invisible walls in Sonic 06. That was the least of the game's problems. It was a stupid complaint back then, and it's stupid now.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra

On paper, I see what Microsoft wanted to do with the S: Give gamers a cheaper but still viable option. But demanding parity between models isn't going to exactly thrill developers with the prospect of spending extra time trying to cram all the features into a worse-performing console.

HAHAHAHHAHA!
This was in Skyrim as well, and was easily overcome with a simple console command. (It was surprising how much work had gone into those areas beyond the borders; the island of Vvardenfell in Dragonborn was faithfully modeled in full, at least as far as terrain, and it's impossible to get there during the game.)

But anyway: Why are people defending this with a "no big deal"? Stop excusing executives when they lie! Stop it!

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Just a heads up everyone: similar to SOR4's Mr. X's Nightmare, and Dawn of the Monsters Arcade Mode, TMNT: SR - Dimension Shellshock will cost $7.99 on release, but the alternate color palettes for all characters will be a free update.

Shredder's Revenge - Dimension Shellshock will cost $7.99 USD when it launches for PC, Switch, PlayStation, and Xbox on 31st August. Its release will be accompanied by a free update for all players, introducing an additional range of colour palette options.

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States

HAHAHAHHAHA!
Lol boundaries is just the beginning. Imagine that shitshow that will occur following any bad mainstream review score, where fanatics will cry about how “they didn’t even start the game yet (130 hours in)!”. I mean, how the F far in advance will any press outlets/YouTubers need to get the game to sufficiently play the damn thing enough to even apply a score? Will it ever be allowed by the big B to be given anything other than a review in progress? Irdk.

It seems like the perfect scapegoat for Bethesda. “Oh, these critics simply didn’t play it long enough to *get* it!”

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
I mean, how the F far in advance will any press outlets/YouTubers need to get the game to sufficiently play the damn thing enough to even apply a score?
Look, we all know that any reviewer who gets the game early is on the take from publishers, but they should still have a day-0 review ready to go on release. Just get a time machine or something.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
Wow, didn't give him the job of voicing Mario in the movie and now they fire him.
He voiced the Bros. dad and a background character early in the movie.

I really don't see this as them firing AT ALL. Consider that the last lines he says in the movie are "Those are my boys!" And that Nintendo is essentially giving him a position with a vague purpose, and it doesn't read like throwing him out.

It also goes against how Nintendo does things. Of the problems the company has, tossing aside employees is not one of them. They keep their cards close to their chest and looking at how long their top developers have been working at Nintendo, they seem to go by the idea that once you're with Nintendo, you're with Nintendo.

Consider what they said to the lawyer that got them out of the jam with Donkey Kong and King Kong. I can't remember the quote exactly, but essentially that he helped them and so they considered him someone that was now part of their company and this their responsibility.

Martinee is just old guys.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US

HAHAHAHHAHA!
I just don't understand, because Bethesda games (or any games for that matter) always had boundaries. In every space game I've played, no planets were "fully" explorable, and I could only access certain parts of the planet.

Why is this suddenly an issue?

Last edited:

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden
Huh, Minimi Games, the studio behind Desperados 3, is just calling quits due to a bad work/life relationship. The studio is shutting down.

EDIT: and The Escapist posted about this:

Last edited: