Elon Musk's purchase of Twitter may soon go through

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
It would. That is why it will fail.

Honestly, the "creator compensation" funds were only a couple of million worldwide. That is basically nothing per creator, not even a significant number per creator with a million followers or whatever. There were a couple of big payouts, but math dictates that those were nothing but publicity stunts. And unsurprisingly those seemed to be handpicked by Musk from his favorites.
Twitter has always been about publicity stunts. Since its inception

Reactions: BrawlMan

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Musk hanging around a Valorant tourney. So much 'how do you do, fellow kids' energy.

Then again, what's it's supposed to do without Epstein around anymore?

Reactions: XsjadoBlayde

Absent

And twice is the only way to live.
Jan 25, 2023
Country
Switzerland
I love how this X logo makes you want to click on it and close the window.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
There's a rumor going round that SpaceX will stop streaming its launches on Youtube, but instead exclusively on Twitter

I'm all for it. Adds an additional level of excitement. Which will crash first: the rocket, or Twitter?

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
Also turns out the Saudis didn't help Musk buy Twitter out of the kindness of their hearts, they did it because Twitter had refused to turn over the names of over 6000 anti-Government users during the Arab Spring, and Musk promised he'd give over the names. So the Saudis can have a nice friendly, no bonesaws, chat with them.

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
Also turns out the Saudis didn't help Musk buy Twitter out of the kindness of their hearts, they did it because Twitter had refused to turn over the names of over 6000 anti-Government users during the Arab Spring, and Musk promised he'd give over the names. So the Saudis can have a nice friendly, no bonesaws, chat with them.
Yes, but at least if they survive and ever manage to make it to the USA, they can say what they like on Twitter without Musk cancelling them.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
I can't wait to see how Musk definitively proves that the ADL caused advertisers to withdraw, rather than his own cack-handed policies and statements.

"Hey, how'd that bonesaw get in here?! Ahmed, is this yours? You nut! Well, while we've got one...."

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
I can't wait to see how Musk definitively proves that the ADL caused advertisers to withdraw, rather than his own cack-handed policies and statements.
If I was his lawyers I'd be shitting in my pants at the idea of a discovery phase where the ADL gets to gather evidence of Musk's actions directly harming Twitter.

Reactions: BrawlMan and Absent

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Is sure lonely at the top of nazi turd mountain.
Once again: proof of what happens when bitches follow a biatch-in-a-boxstand, who is a total and complete, kamehamea, bitach!

If I was his lawyers I'd be shitting in my pants at the idea of a discovery phase where the ADL gets to gather evidence of Musk's actions directly harming Twitter.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
So what is Musk going to do when he does away with blocking like he plans to? Or will that just go out the window like a Russian dissident?
He don't need to worry about silly things like the future, or paying rent, or being sober, or paying taxes, or telling the truth, or treating anyone else fairly, come on now. This is just how the class system is for ppl like him. The best chance at justice we'll get here is observing his public downward spiral in real time.

Reactions: Ag3ma