BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Nope I have a piece of paper certifying I'm completely sane,
Said by the guy who constantly goal posts, and made 2 page rants not that long ago. You have some issues you definitely need working out. Have fun with that.

Last edited:

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Said by the guy who constantly goal posts, and made 2 page rants not that long ago. You have some issues you definitely need working out. Have fun with that.

1) A 2 page rant? how could I make a post so big that it would cover 2 forum pages?

2) I'm not the one so upset that despite saying I don't want to engage with a person keeps coming back again and again to take shots from the sidelines then pretends responding to said shots makes the other person mad. You were pissed off enough to have to take those shots and now you're trying to deflect when being called out for taking them.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020

It's like a checklist of latino stereotypes. Also,1:27, "Now the whole hood's singing free trump pedo?" Ok, it is, but still a choice.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
1) A 2 page rant? how could I make a post so big that it would cover 2 forum pages?

2) I'm not the one so upset that despite saying I don't want to engage with a person keeps coming back again and again to take shots from the sidelines then pretends responding to said shots makes the other person mad. You were pissed off enough to have to take those shots and now you're trying to deflect when being called out for taking them.
Wow, you can't take responsibility for anything. Besides, you're the one who quoted me first. We are done here. Cry, get mad, and whine as much as you please. It's all you been doing so far and in the past.

It's like a checklist of latino stereotypes. Also,1:27, "Now the whole hood's singing free trump pedo?" Ok, it is, but still a choice.
Mindless suck ups some pawns. Have fun praising your false god. See where it gets you.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Here we go...

Funny how people will take from Black culture (America, China, Korea, and many parts of the Western European continent) and like it, but don't want the black people themselves to be there. A little over the halfway point the video Corey mentions a story about an Asian woman and her friends were traveling abroad. She had learned some stuff, and there are clubs in Germany, not all but a lot, will not take black people into their clubs. They'll play their music just fine, but they won't allow black or certain other races in. The Asian lady that was traveling abroad with her friends, many of them black, none of them were allowed in. Not even her.

These people in Poland know what they're doing is wrong. And I hate it when people try to make excuses or try to pull the whole "it's a different culture where it's different over there". "They may not know". Bullshit; all of it! If you take the time to understand the culture and music or put on the blackface to (poorly) imitate these black and brown celebrities, then you all know what the fuck you are doing!

I know Japan had their troubles representing black people or writing them, but at least they actually learned and most of them stop giving the typical black face look or exaggerated lips. Special props to Capcom. I know I'm getting into slightly different subjects, but the point still stands.

Edit: if our usual suspects have something to say, then I don't want to hear shit from them. Not in the mood, so don't even freaking start.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cicada 5

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
Reactions: Jarrito3002

Absent

And twice is the only way to live.
Jan 25, 2023
Country
Switzerland
So wait, are those parents saying the diary of Anne Frank is an attack on truth that...the Holocaust didn't happen?
No, it's the firing of the teacher, that is being described, by progressists, as an attack on truth.

The bigots were merely objecting "to the book’s sexual contents and claim[ing] it did not teach the Holocaust accurately".

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
So wait, are those parents saying the diary of Anne Frank is an attack on truth that...the Holocaust didn't happen?
In a sense, there are multiple versions of her diary. She wrote her diary in the normal sense, sometimes editing it later, and eventually began a complete rewrite of the diary in the way she would want people to read it. The version that was published for the world to see was slightly more edited than that even.

The version she had intended for people to read left out a lot of sexual content she had originally written in her diary. Someone created an illustrated version of the diary including the parts Anne Frank didn't intend to be published, so now we have immortalized comic book Anne Frank trying to peer pressure her friend into touching each other's boobs.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Yeah, she's just wearing a bikini top, like all the time, it's just her outfit at some points. Think the dancer in dragon quest. In fact in the Arabasta arc I think she actually was dressed as a literal arabian belly dancer. It's not inherently sexual, is never mentioned outside of Sanji but Sanji fights everything hot anyways, and it's just part of Nami's persona as a confident temptress who will use anything to get an edge and make off with some coin, even her own body, which is the foundational aspect of her story arc growing up.
998987.png

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
In a sense, there are multiple versions of her diary. She wrote her diary in the normal sense, sometimes editing it later, and eventually began a complete rewrite of the diary in the way she would want people to read it. The version that was published for the world to see was slightly more edited than that even.

The version she had intended for people to read left out a lot of sexual content she had originally written in her diary. Someone created an illustrated version of the diary including the parts Anne Frank didn't intend to be published, so now we have immortalized comic book Anne Frank trying to peer pressure her friend into touching each other's boobs.
Which, prurient details aside, would show the reader the common mundane humanity of a person living in a horrific time, someone who was curious about herself and the world around her in much the same way as anyone else is today, making the stark contrast with the relentless inhuman political mass hysteria that swept her up in its murderous tide.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
Which, prurient details aside, would show the reader the common mundane humanity of a person living in a horrific time, someone who was curious about herself and the world around her in much the same way as anyone else is today, making the stark contrast with the relentless inhuman political mass hysteria that swept her up in its murderous tide.
I think, even prurient details aside, it's exceptionally poor taste to make an adaptation of autobiographical content and include information the original author did not want to share.

Prurient details not aside, what went wrong in a person's life that inspires them to illustrate the sexuality of Anne Frank?

Elijin

Elite Muppet
Legacy
Feb 15, 2009
Prurient details not aside, what went wrong in a person's life that inspires them to illustrate the sexuality of Anne Frank?
Expand on this. Don't be coy, say things out loud. Because I'm willing to bet you'd give zero fucks and see it as entirely normal expression of teen behaviour if the experience in question wasn't same sex.

Then again, I'm giving you too much credit here, as I imagine you place a historical figure like this on a pedestal as an asexual creature, not to be sullied with such "political aspects" as teen sex ed or sexuality.

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
I think, even prurient details aside, it's exceptionally poor taste to make an adaptation of autobiographical content and include information the original author did not want to share.

One can equally wonder what went wrong in your life to get stuck on this concept, but I guess conservatism is embraced by those who traditionally are not capable of engaging in the empathy evoked by art.

The sexuality evokes the common humanity. The boobs aren't the point. It's the youthful wonder at life, common to us all, anchoring that moment in time with the lives of those in this time.

Or maybe it's just wank material.
Really tame and depressing wank material.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Expand on this. Don't be coy, say things out loud. Because I'm willing to bet you'd give zero fucks and see it as entirely normal expression of teen behaviour if the experience in question wasn't same sex.
Well, that nugget of information adds an additional layer of not wanting to be caught by the Nazis. And I can certainly understand her desire to keep that information private even if she wasn’t hiding out.

Absent

And twice is the only way to live.
Jan 25, 2023
Country
Switzerland
The whole "oh no titty" and "oh no it's not the text she meant to publish" is pure hypocrisy coming from these people. As a reminder, Spiegelman's Maus features no titty, but conservatives don't want it either.

It's just the actual history of the extreme-right that has to be banned from schools.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA

Then again, I'm giving you too much credit here, as I imagine you place a historical figure like this on a pedestal as an asexual creature, not to be sullied with such "political aspects" as teen sex ed or sexuality.
I went with that scene because it's by far the least necessary. It's not only content Anne had edited out of her diary, it was content that was only written in retrospect in the first place, not at all part of their confinement.

Honestly though, the part of the graphic novel that was the oddest sexual design decision was to take an offhanded remark Anne had made, that seeing Jewish people walk freely outside was like seeing one of the seven wonders of the world, use that as an excuse to draw a big spread of all the wonders, and choose to draw the Colossus of Rhodes with a penis.

At any rate, why would you try to sex-ed the Holocaust? How can you rationalize having sex in literally anything and think it normal? No, we aren't doing sex ed in history lessons about the Holocaust. This is not sex ed. It's just authors' obsession with having sexuality in their works.
The sexuality evokes the common humanity. The boobs aren't the point. It's the youthful wonder at life, common to us all, anchoring that moment in time with the lives of those in this time.
You need to know the sexual thoughts of a 13-year old girl to feel things in common? Why is that the specific thing you need?

Like, the unedited diary content is very harsh about Anne's mother. The edited diary still has stuff about them clashing, but less often in more measured tones. The graphic novel adaptation in that subject aligns more with the edited version of the diary. Teenagers getting mad at their parents is intensely relatable, why is that minimized while sexuality is maximized?

And like, genuinely maximized. Anne read a book at one point, she says "There are also parts of Eva's Youth that talk about women selling their bodies on the street and asking loads of money. I'd be mortified in front of a man like that." The graphic novel decides that detail is important enough to dedicate a quarter of a page to drawing stereotypical French prostitutes, but I guess thought Anne's actual words weren't nice enough, and revised them to "some women have to sell their bodies on the street to make money."

It's not about evoking a common humanity, it's about sex positivity.
Well... it's a diary.
Not really, though. Partway through their time in hiding, they heard a suggestion on the radio that people keep wartime diaries to share their experiences after the war. Anne had been keeping a diary already, but had not been planning for anyone else to read it. After hearing that, she went back to her earlier entries and began rewriting her diary entries, adding details and visual descriptions and leaving out passages she was embarrassed about, imagining she would publish it as a book titled "The Secret Annex". It's not like her dad found her diary after the war and tossed it out for the world to see unedited. She did most of the editing herself before they were found

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble