General Gaming News.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
That boils down to whatever contract you sign for the job. If you sign away your rights to your work or talent that's a "you" problem.
That's 🐂 shit and you know it. Contract or not, it's still morally wrong, and a big legal/illegal gray area that varies at times, but it's clear somebody's getting screwed over and it ain't usually the guys up top.

I've not heard of bad treatment of voice over actors in a long time.
That's a "you" problem. Try to keep up with current events.

And typically that's been with anime dubbed companies like Funimation that expect the guy playing Goku to be able to scream 40 hours a week.
That's a 30-year-old+ franchise, and the voice actors get paid because they costly have to dump new episodes material. So they're in a stable life cycle. Not every voice actor is or was lucky in that industry, nor lucked out enough to get in the long running anime franchise.

Video game wise, the complaint is mostly that the actors don't feel paid enough which again makes no sense if you signed up for a job paying X, then why moan when you made X?
No that's still making excuses for a crappy system. We've already been through this and I'm not doing it again. That's your problem: whether it's social issues, economics, industry, you still either somewhat favor of an old and broken system, or become a corporate apologists for the people in charge. Or you pull a "That's the way it is; what are you going to do about it?" & "I don't see the problem!". Which are not good arguments. Those are just lame cop outs. None of these voice actors, nor most developers for that matter not in high positions (large pay in this case), get large residuals for putting in their talents and performing at their absolute best. Especially if it's a big franchise. Most of these mega companies know they can pay a majority of these voice actors three times over and they still wouldn't lose anything. Movie actors and TV actors get the residuals just fine. The same apply to the voice acting in the animation, cartoon, or video game industry. Some voice actors do, but that's usually in the Western animation side, but even then not many of them get it.

I honestly don't remember what incident you are talking about with Ubisoft and AVTI. Genuinely, if we spoke about it I don't remember. I mean....Ubisoft and ATVI are shit but I can't recall something dealing with voice actors, only sexual assault...which is worse.
What do you think I was referring to. Ubisoft and Activision has screwed over voice actors multiple times (aside from Big names celebrities from Hollywood), but they just don't get recorded as much as a sexual harassment. The sexual harassment is much worse; I agree. Yeah both can be improved by getting rid of everybody from this top is starting from scratching put it in people who actually care about what they're doing. But since one company got bought out by another company that's overly greedy, not much is going to change in terms of quality games. The other company is still the same, but try to pretend like they didn't do anything like usual. Which is why I will continue to buy from neither of them.

Last edited:

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
None of these voice actors get large residuals for putting in their talents and performing at their absolute best.
Why should the voice actors get royalties when the hundreds of developers who make the game actually happen don't? I don't understand the argument there.

They come in, and are paid quite a lot per hour to recite a script that they don't write and someone else tells them how to recite it. Voice acting is not like working in Hollywood where you become a recognizable star and thus people go see movies simply because of the person IN the movie. Nobody buys a game because Troy Baker is or isn't in it.

That's a 30-year-old+ franchise, and the voice actors get paid because they costly have to dump new episodes material. So they're in a stable life cycle. Not every voice actor is or was lucky in that industry, nor lucked out enough to get in the long running anime franchise.
So what? Sometimes as an actor you are lucky enough to become Iron Man for 15 years. And sometimes you do three Mummy Films and disappear. That's how acting works, it's all about how marketable you are and how much the public likes you and how good your performance is, on top of other factors like being able to handle fame and whatever.

Some Voice over actors get a job on the fucking SImpsons and that's the only show they ever do because they're Bart Simpson and get to play that character for 30 years. Most actors aren't that lucky, but that isn't because of some corruption in the business, that's just how things happen. Who could have guessed Big Bang Theory would be insanely good for 12 seasons or whatever. That's part of being an actor, sometimes you get a part and the thing you are in takes off like crazy. Being in a successful show doesn't mean there is some unfair disparity against all the other actors who don't get gigs like that.

That's a "you" problem. Try to keep up with current events.
That's the thing I can't find any current events. The most recent stuff I can find is Bayonetta's Actress being salty and lying, and a Nintendo Fire Emblem actor getting arrest for DV. Then other articles jump back to 2019 and 2016.

That's 🐂 shit and you know it. Contract or not, it's still morally wrong, and a big legal/illegal gray area that varies at times, but it's clear somebody's getting screwed over and it ain't usually the guys up top.
But it isn't though, entertainment contracts are usually pretty detailed and you don't have to sign the contract for the job if you don't agree to the contract. Furthermore contracts can be negotiated. That's why author's who get media offers for their books have clauses in their to make sure they get paid for any extra media that get's made using their brand. For example Game of Throne's weird spin-off had to pay big George because while it's not adapting his work, it's his IP still.

Yes contracts are usually made in favor of one party, at least partically in favor like 60/40 splits or whatever. Sometimes it's far worse and sometimes it has the potential to be far worse but isn't.

For example.....The author of the Witcher books sold the rights to make video games to CDPR. Then CDPR offered Sapkowski royalties instead of a flat fee, they tried to negotiate the contract. He didn't want it because he didn't believe a video game could ever be successful, so he took a flat pay-out. Then years later after the Witcher 3 came out he got all fucking bitter and butthurt that the games are more successful than his books. But that's his own fucking fault, and IIRC CDPR gave him a bonus check anyway later. So

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Why should the voice actors get royalties when the hundreds of developers who make the game actually happen don't? I don't understand the argument there.
You missed a spot. I put it a part where the developer should get residuals or way larger pay. I don't know how you missed that one.

But it isn't though
No. Stop pretending and being oblivious otherwise.
That's why author's who get media offers for their books have clauses in their to make sure they get paid for any extra media that get's made using their brand. For example Game of Throne's weird spin-off had to pay big George because while it's not adapting his work, it's his IP still.
That's the exception and not all the rules. I'm talking something that's not an adaption of something else, and is made with the medium itself.

Sometimes it's far worse and sometimes it has the potential to be far worse but isn't.
Depends on where you look. And as we have seen from the Hollywood writers strike, the people at the top are already trying to convince the average Joe and Jane or consumers that the strike is a bad thing, and the people on strike all entitled.

For example.....The author of the Witcher books sold the rights to make video games to CDPR. Then CDPR offered Sapkowski royalties instead of a flat fee, they tried to negotiate the contract. He didn't want it because he didn't believe a video game could ever be successful, so he took a flat pay-out. Then years later after the Witcher 3 came out he got all fucking bitter and butthurt that the games are more successful than his books. But that's his own fucking fault, and IIRC CDPR gave him a bonus check anyway later. So
Once again, that's not what I'm talking about. You are right that it was his own fault, but it's not related to what I am talking about. That is the inverse of this conversation. He read everything and still did not choose for residuals.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
I don't think it's a rational argument to be honest. They are afraid of AI replacing them, but AI has a long way to go before it can do that kind of emotional replacement. Constantly complaining about your job will only further cause companies to try to replace you, so maybe do less of that.
Nah it's practically there, or actually its already there if you have a large amount of voice of a specific VA and can train the AI on that voice, its already starting with a couple of game replacing VA that are unavailable with those.

A general purpose voice AI that can just do any kind of voice isn't there yet, but I'd wager its very near, an handful of year maybe. At that point it'll probably be kinda like catgpt is now, just fine for 95% of application.

Honestly... it suck for VA but I think its a good thing for video game, all those tiny indy studio can't afford to hire real VA so often end up with awful quality or have to make major cut elsewhere just to hire the quality VA. A cheap plug in and play voice AI should allow a lot more of them to have voice over without breaking the bank.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Nah it's practically there, or actually its already there if you have a large amount of voice of a specific VA and can train the AI on that voice, its already starting with a couple of game replacing VA that are unavailable with those.

A general purpose voice AI that can just do any kind of voice isn't there yet, but I'd wager its very near, an handful of year maybe. At that point it'll probably be kinda like catgpt is now, just fine for 95% of application.

Honestly... it suck for VA but I think its a good thing for video game, all those tiny indy studio can't afford to hire real VA so often end up with awful quality or have to make major cut elsewhere just to hire the quality VA. A cheap plug in and play voice AI should allow a lot more of them to have voice over without breaking the bank.
Here is what you're forgetting though. These days the VA's are doing more than just VA, they're doing the mo-cap for games as well. AI might be able to go in and fix a couple voice lines that get fucked up, but not carry a whole game's performance.

Honestly I think the more practical use for AI as far as VA is concerned is going to be doing VA for those rando NPC's that say like one thing while you walk by. Rather than hire a dozen or more people to just say some NPC bullshit, you can use AI and pay your lead actors more in the process (though they probably wont let's be real).

Ai can be impressive in short bursts, but I don't think it's capable of genuine inflections required across a whole script. Yeah a few fuck-off NPC's here and there, sure, but your main character? Not unless it's Gladys.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Goes to show how rigged the AAA system is when even Nintendo pays a low amount. Thanks for that Twitter link last year @TheMysteriousGX.

Voice actor Sean Chiplock has responded to the recent low-payment allegations made by Bayonetta voice actor Hellena Taylor by revealing that he made more money from voicing two characters in Freedom Planet than he did voicing three in Breath of the Wild.

Yesterday, the original voice actor for Bayonetta, Hellena Taylor, released a video where she revealed that she didn't return to voice the character because she was only offered $4,000 to voice the whole game. Taylor rejected the "insulting" offer, one that had actually been increased after a call with Hideki Kamiya, and couldn't mention the situation due to an NDA, but broke it with her Twitter post, saying that they can't take anything away from her anyway and that she's standing in solidarity with everyone else underpaid for their talent.

RELATED:Pokemon Fans Are Already In Love With Bellibolt

Although $4,000 certainly seemed low, voice actors don't generally give away too many details on their pay, so it wasn't entirely clear if this was normal for the industry. However, since Taylor's video several other voice actors in and out of the industry have been sharing their experiences with pay and what is considered a normal fair rate, confirming that Taylor had been offered much less than she deserved. It seems those payment rates might be fairly standard practise for Nintendo, though.

Voice actor Sean Chiplock added to the debate by revealing that he was paid between $2,000 - $3,000 for his three roles in Breath of the Wild (Revali, Teba, and The Great Deku Tree), which ended up being less than voicing two characters in indie game Freedom Planet because the latter "generously" offered royalties.

Chiplock said, "I was paid approx $2,000-$3000 overall because it was based on the total number of hours in the studio (which was higher because of voicing 3 characters in a single game). I made MORE from voicing Spade/Dail in Freedom Planet 1 because *that* generously gave me sales royalties". Chiplock also mentioned that he has earned more from two offscreen lines in Detective Pikachu than he did for Breath of the Wild, mostly because it also earns royalties as a feature film.

It's worth noting that Chiplock was paid between $2,000 - $3,000 to play three characters that likely didn't have too much dialogue between them, while Hellena Taylor was offered $4,000 for the title role in a massive series that was built upon its character and likely has a ton of dialogue in it.
Obviously Taylor doesn't count, but she definitely hurt voice actors cause for better pay, and she was only out for herself. That said, the controversy opened a big can of worms that was hidden for a long time. That is last I will say on this, because thread is not being derailed.

Shut the fuck up, Ubisoft!

No Capcom! That's a bad Capcom! You ain't fucking broke anymore, so you have no excuses! It was your own mess that got you in a bad financial situation for nearly a decade! Stop it!

I forgot about the musicians! They get underpaid and screwed too. Remember the fiasco with Bethesda/iD and Mick Gordon. They tried to fuck him over so hard. I can't blame him for leaving and lucky enough to find something better.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Not for nothing but the article explains the pay difference. Playing three NPC's with relatively few lines means less time required in the studio, versus playing a main character and offering of royalties. This highlights what I was saying about how the contracts vary and you do the work you want to do for the pay you agree on. It makes sense he wouldn't get royalties from Nintendo since he's just a minor part of that game, so the pay is a very industry standard for studio time.

I believe this article was written before Helena's information came out as lies, because it doesn't paint the 2-3k for Breath of the Wild as a bad pay rate at all, and actually is trying to showcase Helena's offer of $4k for the main character of a whole game as ridiculous. However Helena lied so her figures are irrelevant.

Nothing about the article however suggests anything about Chiplock's pay being unfair.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Not for nothing but the article explains the pay difference. Playing three NPC's with relatively few lines means less time required in the studio, versus playing a main character and offering of royalties. This highlights what I was saying about how the contracts vary and you do the work you want to do for the pay you agree on. It makes sense he wouldn't get royalties from Nintendo since he's just a minor part of that game, so the pay is a very industry standard for studio time.

I believe this article was written before Helena's information came out as lies, because it doesn't paint the 2-3k for Breath of the Wild as a bad pay rate at all, and actually is trying to showcase Helena's offer of $4k for the main character of a whole game as ridiculous. However Helena lied so her figures are irrelevant.

Nothing about the article however suggests anything about Chiplock's pay being unfair.
He still got paid more for doing small indie titles, than an official AAA $60 product. So there is a problem with the industry in this regard.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
He still got paid more for doing small indie titles, than an official AAA $60 product. So there is a problem with the industry in this regard.
Bro what? He was one of the main dudes in the indie game. If AAA games paid "main character" rates to everyone lending an NPC voice then you would see a mass reformation of the AAA going back to text-based games. What kind of statement is this? It makes no reasonable sense.

Look nevermind I don't know why I bother, you have such an unrealistic bias against the reality of business and employee relationships there is no point discussing this further.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
What part of "I've already said my piece" that has you confused. Look, people like Kamiya and Mikami mean a lot to me. Neither are perfect, though Mikami is definitely the more level headed of two and most pleasant in person (not that Kamiya is lacking), but they've done so much for this industry; Mikami especially. Without either of them, there would be no Resident Evil, no Leon and Claire, no Devil May Cry, and no Bayonetta. There influence can still be felt today, regardless if people notice, or care to acknowledge or not.

Bro what? He was one of the main dudes in the indie game. If AAA games paid "main character" rates to everyone lending an NPC voice then you would see a mass reformation of the AAA going back to text-based games. What kind of statement is this? It makes no reasonable sense.
So what? If he was main supporting character in the recent Zelda: ToK I highly doubt Nintendo would paid him that much more. Dude still got paid a lot fore an indie title, and as several others big roles or not.

Look nevermind I don't know why I bother, you have such an unrealistic bias against the reality of business and employee relationships there is no point discussing this further.
Says the guy who's made excuses for bad industry practices (not all, but you're not helping your case), tried to get into a Twitch girl's personal business/relationship issues trying to dictate her choices in life, likes to blame the younger generations for problems that are not all their fault (with many coming from the generations before them), uses "that's the way it is justification and attitudes" and doesn't offer actual helpful solutions for those at the high top, and only offers nothing or band-aid solutions that don't help much. You

no point discussing this further.
You're the one who quoted me Einstein. Why are you this surprised? We already had this discussion nearly a year ago. You lack some empathy for those who actually are getting hurt, and you're way too eager to be dismissive to those abused or facing unnecessary harsh treatment. I've seen you do this with people who get harassed for being POC/Woman/Trans/LGTQ on Twitch and you said the whole "use block or have Moderators, etc.". When not everyone could get moderators and blocking didn't always work, nor using streamer mode only. Plenty of hackers found their ways around most methods, and Amazon nor Twitch didn't do much, until push came to shove. And even then, they enabled this shit, and you had the "Oh well, they'll just have to deal with!". Do me favor? Get off your high horse, and never talk to me about this shit ever again. Especially when you act like you have all the answer, but never the proper soultions. Next time, remember that before you start.

Sorry that got heavy everyone, but I had to get that out of my system.

Last edited:

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
What part of "I've already said my piece" that has you confused. Look, people like Kamiya and Mikami mean a lot to me. Neither are perfect, though Mikami is definitely the more level headed of two and most pleasant in person (not that Kamiya is lacking), but they've done so much for this industry; Mikami especially. Without either of them, there would be no Resident Evil, no Leon and Claire, no Devil May Cry, and no Bayonetta. There influence can still be felt today, regardless if people notice, or care to acknowledge or not.
Ok in hindsight I probably should've clarified what I was confused by.
Once before I brought up this whole debating with people/dickheads that you have ignored and what the purpose of that is if you keep personally circumventing the ignore yourself. My confusion is in the fact you keep doing it.

I get it, you felt the need to defend an industry icon. Platinum has made some games very near and dear to me, so I understand the feeling of "look at this guy talking smack about someone that matters to me." But at what point are you going to realize that you keep taking the bait set out by people that make these kinds of statements to begin with?
People that post outright lies, inflammatory thoughts, bad faith arguments... you clearly can recognize these types of people as you've indicated you have some folk on ignore. Yet for some reason you continue to engage. You give these people what they want.

You're full of shit as usual, and I do not why you still bother responding to me. Don't even bother making another response; I won't be listening.
"I won't be listening" ... "I won't be listening" ... "I won't be listening" ... Yes, you are listening. You keep tuning back in to listen.
"and I do not why you still bother responding to me." I WONDER THE SAME THING, why do you keep responding to these people that annoy you?! Is it some sense you gotta fix an opinion because someone on the internet is wrong in your eyes?! They keep responding to you because you keep doing it back! It doesn't matter who did it first, you keep engaging with it to begin with!

You do you, if this is how you like spending your time. But I swear, it's fucking infuriating to see sometimes. Your posts are a different kind of passive aggressive... The kind where you see someone say something dumb, you throw your retort out, and then close off by saying "don't bother trying to argue against me cause I don't care what you have to say." But you DO care cause you threw the response their way to begin with!!

Just... AAAAUUUGH. I don't get it!

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Ok in hindsight I probably should've clarified what I was confused by.
Once before I brought up this whole debating with people/dickheads that you have ignored and what the purpose of that is if you keep personally circumventing the ignore yourself. My confusion is in the fact you keep doing it.

I get it, you felt the need to defend an industry icon. Platinum has made some games very near and dear to me, so I understand the feeling of "look at this guy talking smack about someone that matters to me." But at what point are you going to realize that you keep taking the bait set out by people that make these kinds of statements to begin with?
People that post outright lies, inflammatory thoughts, bad faith arguments... you clearly can recognize these types of people as you've indicated you have some folk on ignore. Yet for some reason you continue to engage. You give these people what they want.
What do you expect? I got hit with some bittersweet news, and some one mouths off with super fake shit calling Kamiya "racist". These are legit good people, and not scumbags or assholes full of crocodile tears like we usually get from the industry. Kamiya may be a jerk at times, but he's a jerk with a heart of gold. The only reason you-know-who is being so pissy about it, is out of insecurity of being a self-hating weaboo, and because Kamiya made a game with fan-service.

BTW, I didn't give him what he wanted. I called out his bullshit, and that was it. The next thing he says about Platinum or Kamiya, I'll ignore it. But you don't dishonor good people like that. I don't care how much someone hates Japan, Japanese gaming, etc.

"I won't be listening" ... "I won't be listening" ... "I won't be listening" ... Yes, you are listening. You keep tuning back in to listen.
"and I do not why you still bother responding to me." I WONDER THE SAME THING, why do you keep responding to these people that annoy you?! Is it some sense you gotta fix an opinion because someone on the internet is wrong in your eyes?! They keep responding to you because you keep doing it back!
I don't respond back all the time. Before this, I hadn't said anything to Gyrobot since April. Phoenix I haven't talked since a month and half ago (and before that is was over 8 months ago), and I stopped bother with tstorm a long time ago. I appreciate the look out and everything, but you never go this far with the other users on the Current Events forum who constantly engage with the liars and trouble makers. so why me in particular? @Elvis Starburst, you're good person and you're one of the best people I've ever talked to online and I wish to continue to so. With that said, I am an adult and I can handle myself. But I won't be afraid to ask for help when I need it. I'll always appreciate your help.

You do you, if this is how you like spending your time. But I swear, it's fucking infuriating to see sometimes. Your posts are a different kind of passive aggressive... The kind where you see someone say something dumb, you throw your retort out, and then close off by saying "don't bother trying to argue against me cause I don't care what you have to say." But you DO care cause you threw the response their way to begin with!!

Just... AAAAUUUGH. I don't get it!
We all got some stress going on, and right now I am doing other things to ease my mind off. If you want to talk about this later, then PM me. I do apologize, as it was never my intention to upset you. I am not ashamed for defending good people who only wanted to spread positive influence on the industry and just make fun games.

Here's some other news I found for iPhone owners.

Elvis Starburst

Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
What do you expect? I got hit with some bittersweet news, and some one mouths off with super fake shit calling Kamiya "racist". These are legit good people, and not scumbags or assholes full of crocodile tears like we usually get from the industry. Kamiya may be a jerk at times, but he's a jerk with a heart of gold. The only reason you-know-who is being so pissy about it, is out of insecurity of being a self-hating weaboo, and because Kamiya made a game with fan-service.

BTW, I didn't give him what he wanted. I called out his bullshit, and that was it. The next thing he says about Platinum or Kamiya, I'll ignore it. But you don't dishonor good people like that. I don't care how much someone hates Japan, Japanese gaming, etc.
Typically people who spout the dumbest shit only feel empowered to keep doing it when they get angry responses. Maybe it's just my anti-troll instinct kicking in here. I get it though, it's just... It's like engaging with the deepest level of the Right. It doesn't matter if they believe their nonsense or not, you just come to expect that sort of thing from them, and no amount of arguing back is going to change their mind or correct their thoughts/behaviour.

I don't respond back all the time. Before this, I hadn't said anything to Gyrobot since April. Phoenix I haven't talked since a month and half ago (and before that is was over 8 months ago), and I stopped bother with tstorm a long time ago.
Maybe it's all the back and forth with people like CriticalGaming that makes it seem like it happens more than it does, and the prime examples end up standing out the worst. They're a whole other example of me rarely seeing you two get along, and thus me wondering why you continue to engage.

I appreciate the look out and everything, but you never go this far with the other users on the Current Events forum who constantly engage with the liars and trouble makers. so why me in particular?
I don't even enter the Current Events section cause I know it's filled with tons of topics, people, and discussions that'd do nothing but piss me off.
As for why you... it might be cause I see you around a lot more than most, and every few weeks I see the same sort of finality to some of your messages that makes me extremely curious why you engage in the things you do if it seemingly upsets or annoys you. I've said it before, but, some of your words don't match your actions, and it might be because of that disconnect that my brain kicks into a gear of trying to figure out why it's like that... or in the case of me explaining it to you, why it continues to be like that.

You're good person and you're one of the best people I've ever talked to online and I wish to continue to so. With that said, I am an adult and I can handle myself. But I won't be afraid to ask for help when I need it. I'll always appreciate your help.
You're right, you're right... I probably need to just mind my own business. I appreciate that, though. It's nice to hear.

We all got some stress going on, and right now I am doing other things to ease my mind off. If you want to talk about this later, then PM me. I do apologize, as it was never my intention to upset you. I am not ashamed for defending good people who only wanted to spread positive influence on the industry and just make fun games.
I wouldn't say it upset me. Perplexed and confused me would be more accurate, for a lot of the aforementioned reasons. Perhaps it's for those reasons that I too should just step back a bit now that I've rambled on enough

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Maybe it's all the back and forth with people like CriticalGaming that makes it seem like it happens more than it does, and the prime examples end up standing out the worst. They're a whole other example of me rarely seeing you two get along, and thus me wondering why you continue to engage.
Because I hate it when people make excuses for bad practices, and their reason(s) boils down to a nothing answer. I do try to get along with Critical, but when he puts out something that is factually wrong, or enables assholes to act even more like assholes, I put my foot down. I am not the only user to do this. You can ask around. Everyone has called him out on something; even you. Note how when I bring the shit he's done before, he'll either attempt ignore it, or divert the conversation/arguement (he usually started). Once again, other people on this thread has called him out on this.

They're a whole other example of me rarely seeing you two get along, and thus me wondering why you continue to engage.
When it comes to certain games and gaming trends we get along mostly fine. It's when he starts ignoring/downplaying social, economical, and industry issues that I have justified problems. Especially when he offers solutions that don't help, or makes things worse for the victims. Or backpedaling when he knows he's got nothing to offer with his back against the wall.

I don't even enter the Current Events section cause I know it's filled with tons of topics, people, and discussions that'd do nothing but piss me off.
I should have mentioned, those same users engage with the trouble makers do it here too, but not as much. But you already know that.
I've said it before, but, some of your words don't match your actions, and it might be because of that disconnect that my brain kicks into a gear of trying to figure out why it's like that... or in the case of me explaining it to you, why it continues to be like that.
They do if you bother to look enough. I can't explain every single one of my actions. Some of which you have point. If something I feel is off or not right, I am going to have a say. I have voice like anyone else. If you look, I've ignored on most things. Sometimes I do add commentary, but only if somebody says something that foolish or ignorant. Even then, I am not the only one dogpiling on them.

Perhaps it's for those reasons that I too should just step back a bit now that I've rambled on enough
Just relax and gets some rest. I am playing various things right now to pass the time.

Last edited:

Elvis Starburst

Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
They do if bother to look enough. I can't explain every single one of my actions. Some of which you have point. If something I feel is off or not right, I am going to have a say. I have voice like anyone else. If you look, I've ignored on most things. Sometimes I do add commentary, buy only if somebody says something that foolish or ignorant. Even then, I am not the only one dogpiling on them.
I'm gonna chalk it up to me paying attention to the right threads at the right time to notice what I have in the past and not taking into account the amount of time or amount of posts between these events. Which, looking back, this was likely all just a big over-reaction on my part. Sorry about that

Reactions: BrawlMan

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
Ai can be impressive in short bursts, but I don't think it's capable of genuine inflections required across a whole script. Yeah a few fuck-off NPC's here and there, sure, but your main character? Not unless it's Gladys.
It actually does just fine, most people won't notice if you don't tell them. Here's an amateur mod for fallout 4 that change the voice over line of character, including main character and important one.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Last edited: