Conflict between Palestine and Israel escalates

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Same gal, two different statements. Beyond strange
Actually, not strange at all in context-- those snippets both came from the same hospital press conference she gave.

In full context, it's clear that the beating she experienced (as well as breathing difficulties) came during the initial abduction and motorcycle ride. After arrival, she describes her treatment at the hands of the hostage keepers as humane: sharing the same food as the captors, doctors being available (including ones versed in feminine care), mattresses.

She actually gave a remarkably detailed account. And there seems to have been quite a difference in approach between those who carried out the abduction and those who kept the hostages after their arrival.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
Israel has killed over 2000 children since October 7, maybe focus on that.
Your ability to repeat whatever Hamas tells you is unparalleled.

I might hesitate for a moment if I thought you cared an ounce about even a single child, but we both know that you care singularly about weakening US hegemony, and your opinion of human life depends entirely on whether those lives support that goal for you. Even the people who nominally agree with you should be giving you exactly the same crap you get in the Ukraine thread for regurgitating Russian propaganda.

Reactions: Specter Von Baren

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
Actually, not strange at all in context-- those snippets both came from the same hospital press conference she gave.

In full context, it's clear that the beating she experienced (as well as breathing difficulties) came during the initial abduction and motorcycle ride. After arrival, she describes her treatment at the hands of the hostage keepers as humane: sharing the same food as the captors, doctors being available (including ones versed in feminine care), mattresses.

She actually gave a remarkably detailed account. And there seems to have been quite a difference in approach between those who carried out the abduction and those who kept the hostages after their arrival.
That makes sense. The ones keeping the hostages and ultimately freeing them are tasked with trying to deter violence. Both having hostages and behaving respectably are means to the end of not getting bombed. The people who actually did the abducting were trying to inflict pain and terror, it was different members with different goals at different times.

Satinavian

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2016
I might hesitate for a moment if I thought you cared an ounce about even a single child, but we both know that you care singularly about weakening US hegemony, and your opinion of human life depends entirely on whether those lives support that goal for you. Even the people who nominally agree with you should be giving you exactly the same crap you get in the Ukraine thread for regurgitating Russian propaganda.
But they already do : See for example that "Israel refused hostages" thing or the fake IDF-account. People do the same kind of double checking as in the Russia thread.

It is just that Hamas is not even remotely as brazen when lying as Russia and doesn't need to as they have enough valid complaints to make.

Reactions: BrawlMan

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
It is just that Hamas is not even remotely as brazen when lying as Russia and doesn't need to as they have enough valid complaints to make.
If Hamas only ever told one lie in their existence, Seanchaidh would hunt down the lie and defend it to the death on purpose. I appreciate the good faith positions people have here, either agreeing or disagreeing with Seanchaidh, but just want to express that those agreements when they do happen are effectively coincidence. There are certainly many who honestly want the best for the people of Palestine, our resident Stalinist is not among them.

I have utmost confidence that if the US signed onto an alliance with Hamas and declared war on Israel, Seanchaidh would be the first to support Israel wiping Gaza off the map, men, women, and children alike.

Eacaraxe

Elite Member
Legacy
May 28, 2020
Country
United States
Not surprising.
The issue is, it shouldn't be but "is". Because this is the sort of rhetoric fully normalized in all this:

It's "only" the Israeli head of state calling for collective punishment in a press release, you know. Hell, the full context of it is even worse:

And in the context of this statement...

Yeah, they're absolutely acting with express intent to effect a second Nakba. That is to say, ethnic cleansing.

maybe, though I think most people (that care enough to have an opinion on the matter) understand that Zionism is distinct from Judaism.
We've all been through the Labour Files/Jeremy Corbyn circular argument long enough, for just one example, to know the very point of manipulating and confusing the definitions of Judaism, Israel, and Zionism, is to make the three ideologically and politically indistinguishable.

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
If Hamas only ever told one lie in their existence, Seanchaidh would hunt down the lie and defend it to the death on purpose. I appreciate the good faith positions people have here, either agreeing or disagreeing with Seanchaidh, but just want to express that those agreements when they do happen are effectively coincidence. There are certainly many who honestly want the best for the people of Palestine, our resident Stalinist is not among them.

I have utmost confidence that if the US signed onto an alliance with Hamas and declared war on Israel, Seanchaidh would be the first to support Israel wiping Gaza off the map, men, women, and children alike.
I humbly ask that you get a life.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
If Hamas only ever told one lie in their existence, Seanchaidh would hunt down the lie and defend it to the death on purpose.
Look, this is kind of ridiculous.

I'm the one who actually pointed out the errors in this instance-- the erroneous Al-Jazeera headline and the fake IDF account. And yeah, it would benefit everyone to be a little less credulous and a little more sceptical of what they see and read.

Yet-- those two errors are also quite understandable in a way. Al-Jazeera, for all its issues as a mouthpiece of the Qatar government, has usually been quite accurate on the Israel-Palestine conflict-- more so than a number of American and British outlets. And although that specific Facebook account was fake, we saw at the same time that a Likud-associated media advisor actually did post that the IDF was responsible, before swiftly deleting it.

To put it frankly: these errors are not as egregious as the average stuff you come out with, and Hamas-- as thoroughly untrustworthy as they are-- have been less untrustworthy than Netanyahu and Richard Hecht over the past month. I mean, "we don't target civilians"? Who the fuck believes that utter dogshit, when we can see it happening?

So it's more than a little rich for you to climb onto a high horse about credulity and trustworthiness. That's all.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Quite probably. That some people oppose it for political reasons does not mean that Israel's killing of innocent people in Gaza is somehow nt wrong.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
Look, this is kind of ridiculous.

I'm the one who actually pointed out the errors in this instance-- the erroneous Al-Jazeera headline and the fake IDF account. And yeah, it would benefit everyone to be a little less credulous and a little more sceptical of what they see and read.

Yet-- those two errors are also quite understandable in a way. Al-Jazeera, for all its issues as a mouthpiece of the Qatar government, has usually been quite accurate on the Israel-Palestine conflict-- more so than a number of American and British outlets. And although that specific Facebook account was fake, we saw at the same time that a Likud-associated media advisor actually did post that the IDF was responsible, before swiftly deleting it.

To put it frankly: these errors are not as egregious as the average stuff you come out with, and Hamas-- as thoroughly untrustworthy as they are-- have been less untrustworthy than Netanyahu and Richard Hecht over the past month. I mean, "we don't target civilians"? Who the fuck believes that utter dogshit, when we can see it happening?

So it's more than a little rich for you to climb onto a high horse about credulity and trustworthiness. That's all.
And what of the actual large errors like a certain hospital not being destroyed and 500 people not being dead due to that non-existent destruction.

Satinavian

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2016
And what of the actual large errors like a certain hospital not being destroyed and 500 people not being dead due to that non-existent destruction.
That was clarified: The hospital was hit, but in the courtyard. We still have no exact number of casualities but are now pretty certain that it is below 500 but it still seems to go into the hundreds.

I don't see much in terms of "large errors" here, even from the earlier posts.

I mean, you might have a leg to stand on if it were proven that this was not an IDF attack as most assumed. But it is not proven. We have only the IDF claim, the US saying they believe the IDF but rely on infos provided by them and might be mistaken and all the other intelligence services around the world not taking a stand.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
I mean, you might have a leg to stand on if it were proven that this was not an IDF attack as most assumed. But it is not proven. We have only the IDF claim, the US saying they believe the IDF but rely on infos provided by them and might be mistaken and all the other intelligence services around the world not taking a stand.
Let us assume that the IDF had nothing to do with those people dying. They'd definitely killed many more than that number.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
That was clarified: The hospital was hit, but in the courtyard. We still have no exact number of casualities but are now pretty certain that it is below 500 but it still seems to go into the hundreds.

I don't see much in terms of "large errors" here, even from the earlier posts.

You are a greased weasel and you know very well what you are doing. Reply to me when you want to make an honest response.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
Let us assume that the IDF had nothing to do with those people dying. They'd definitely killed many more than that number.
Yet many people here were very very passionate about talking about this hospital being targeted and destroyed. Do not use "it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things" against me. It was not I who made it important, I'm just holding everyone that blindly believed it accountable by not letting it be quietly forgotten.

Satinavian

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2016
You are a greased weasel and you know very well what you are doing. Reply to me when you want to make an honest response.
I have no idea what you are talking about and that was an honest response.

Yet many people here were very very passionate about talking about this hospital being targeted and destroyed. Do not use "it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things" against me. It was not I who made it important, I'm just holding everyone that blindly believed it accountable by not letting it be quietly forgotten.
How about you actually reference those posts you are talking about. It is just a few pages back.

Last edited:

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
It was 471 and the building is still there because the bomb landed in the center of the complex in a parking lot where a bunch of people had gathered. That is hardly better. Especially given that Israel won't let fuel in so that the hospitals can run properly. I don't get why you're so hung up on the building-- is property more important to you than lives or something?

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
You've repeatedly tried to "correct" people who never even said it had been destroyed in the first place, as well as minimising and understating the actual damage/casualties, which do run into the hundreds. You've been perhaps the most unreliable person in this whole thread concerning that particular incident, so this is pathetic.