Funny events in anti-woke world

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020

K this is mad: defense lawyer finds out the prosecution, judge and witness had backdoor talks without informing the defense which they're obligated to do, but when he brings it up as part of request for mistrial, the judge gets him arrested on the spot.

Last edited:

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
If you can't shift the topic of conversation off free school meals, then I'm not allowed to argue that a policy has any flaws or oversights? What kind of batshit moon logic is this?

I know you're not; you're here to just insist that everyone must accept the one you want to use, and which happens to align perfectly with the system in place and therefore exonerates it of any flaws or oversights.

To be perfectly clear: there is no federal definition of "needy".
And a policy of everyone gets free lunch is a good policy?

If the government is providing free lunches to families' kids that fall in a certain criteria, then that means those kids "need" free lunches.

Agema

Do everything and feel nothing
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
There's not a problem here. Why, you might ask? Because Alito doesn't think there is, therefore there isn't.

That's how the system appears to work: a SCOTUS justice is required to exercise their own judgement over their own potential impartiality or conflicts of interest, and if they deem everything satisfactory, then it is. After all, they're in SCOTUS, surely they were selected for the post on the quality of their judgement - who dare question them?

Of course, for Alito to recuse himself is a bit like Alito saying "Yeah, there IS a problem here". And therefore, maybe, kind of a problem with plenty of rulings he had made before and will make in future. Easy to recuse oneself on something like a family member or friend associated with a case, but "I'm a grotequely partisan right winger"... that's a lot of cases. Fundamentally, I suspect a lot of justices (Alito included) are also incredibly arrogant - such is the nature of high performers in high status positions. They will abuse their office (in spirit if not rule), intentionally because they think they should be allowed to, or unintentionally through overconfidence.

Reactions: XsjadoBlayde

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
And a policy of everyone gets free lunch is a good policy?
I would say so, yes. Though this is also a bit of a distraction from your claim that no needy kids are going without.

If the government is providing free lunches to families' kids that fall in a certain criteria, then that means those kids "need" free lunches.
Uh-huh, and it also doesn't imply that nobody else could need free lunches.

It is simply a fact that there is no federal definition of "needy". Using that word in the title of a bill/program doesn't mean that.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
I would say so, yes. Though this is also a bit of a distraction from your claim that no needy kids are going without.

Uh-huh, and it also doesn't imply that nobody else could need free lunches.

It is simply a fact that there is no federal definition of "needy". Using that word in the title of a bill/program doesn't mean that.
You've shown no evidence of any kids not getting lunches due to pandemic policy being ended that need them.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
So our (the Netherlands) new minister of migration will be Gidi Markuszower (PVV). This is a guy who believes in white replacement and has stated that the previous government should be placed in front of a tribunal for letting migrants in. He also leaked information to the Mossad.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Nope, I have no clue what you are even talking about at this point.
You've decided that nobody can be "needy" if they're not covered by an existing government program to help the "needy", simply because that program said it helped those who are "needy". If you can't see how hopelessly foolish that is, that's on you.

Reactions: Satinavian

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/hunt...ublican-complaints_n_66689cdce4b0aaaa67a8c9c3

Several prominent Republicans said they were not impressed by the guilty verdict against President Joe Biden’s son on Tuesday, complaining that the government should have busted him for worse crimes.

A Delaware jury found Hunter Biden, 54, guilty on three counts related to a gun purchase in 2018 when he was addicted to crack cocaine. Hunter Biden’s crimes carry a prison sentence of up to 25 years.

“This trial has been nothing more than a distraction from the real crimes of the Biden Crime Family, which has raked in tens of millions of dollars from China, Russia and Ukraine,” Karoline Leavitt, a spokesperson for Donald Trump’s Republican presidential campaign, said in reaction to the verdict.

Republicans spoke out against the verdict because the high-profile case against Hunter Biden undermines their constant claims that the U.S. Department of Justice has been “weaponized” against Trump and his supporters. If President Biden were masterminding a conspiracy to persecute Republicans, after all, why would he skewer his own son?

Agema

Legacy
Mar 3, 2009

Satinavian

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2016
The Republicans have hammered Hunter Biden in an attempt to level the playing field on suspicions of illegality between Joe Biden and Trump. What they've ended up doing is causing a relatively trivial case that has failed to implicate Joe whilst undermining their complaints that the actions against Trump are petty and biased.
Not only that.

They are also unhappy that it is about guns. Because they don't want to say that it is good that Hunter was not supposed to have one, that gun restrictions are right and that he should be punished for it.

So they can't even sell this as a big moral failing of the Biden family to their voter base. I mean, how would it have been able to be prevented ? Tougher screening/more obstacles for gun purchase ?

Agema

Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Not only that.
Plus of course that they've given Biden the opportunity to play dignified, responsible leader and loving father, standing in sharp contrast to Trump's rage-fuelled, throw-shit-at-everything denunciations.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
The last paragraph is the real issue here.

The Republicans have hammered Hunter Biden in an attempt to level the playing field on suspicions of illegality between Joe Biden and Trump. What they've ended up doing is causing a relatively trivial case that has failed to implicate Joe whilst undermining their complaints that the actions against Trump are petty and biased.
I read a quote from a Republican that Hunter Biden should have been threatened with life in prison unless "he turned on the Big Guy". That's persecution.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
You've decided that nobody can be "needy" if they're not covered by an existing government program to help the "needy", simply because that program said it helped those who are "needy". If you can't see how hopelessly foolish that is, that's on you.
I said I don't want to debate what is the criteria for needy because it's gonna be subjective.

Agema

Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
I read a quote from a Republican that Hunter Biden should have been threatened with life in prison unless "he turned on the Big Guy". That's persecution.
Er, is life imprisonment within the sentencing guidelines of what he was charged with? They'd have trouble making that threat convincing if not.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
Yes. I'd rather every child got a free school meal, than a single child slip through the gaps and go hungry.
Even under normal economic analysis that could lead to a more productive workforce which would increase GDP/Line go up.