US 2024 Presidential Election

Schadrach

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 20, 2010
Country
US
Oh look, the murdering biatch is once again trying to please bitchy daddy Trump, after claiming "No take backs!". Of course, there's some infighting going on with other Trump supporters not being happy with Biatchhouse.

Why does anyone care what Rittenhouse thinks?

Young voters almost always break for Democrats. The problem is getting them to actually vote.

It's not that strange. Firstly, he routinely lies about what and who he knows.

Secondly, it's also reasonable to believe he doesn't really know. He doesn't care about Project 2025. Trump doesn't want to be president because he has any interest in policy or the workings of government, he wants to be president for his own prestige and self-gratification. It's entirely possible that numerous offficials have sat down with Trump and discussed Project 2025 plans with him, and Trump has simply not been paying any attention because there's been nothing he could readily grasp as benefitting himself.
a.k.a. Narcissists gonna narcissism.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phoenixmgs

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Why does anyone care what Rittenhouse thinks?
Whatever is left of his so called "fans".

Young voters almost also break for Democrats. The problem is getting them to actually vote.
A lot of young voters actually voted last time in 2020. Let's hope they don't make the same mistake as the ones did in back in 2016 and though their votes "didn't matter". That opinion poll changed to does matter all of sudden when lives were on the line with COVID, how much of a fuck up Trump is, and that he don't give a rat's ass about anyone.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
I had to see this so now you have to see this too.

1723526220650.png

I'm not happy about it either.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
If you read my post and came away with the opinion "Both parties are pretty bad and it's rather arguable who's worse" then you clearly didn't understand the post. Both parties are pretty bad, but the Republicans are very clearly worse (or at the very least much worse about hiding how bad they are).

And people are leaving blue states to move to red states because of cost of living...and then regretting it. There was a whole wave of people who moved from California to Texas during the pandemic that regret it and are miserable.

I got the fact "both parties are bad" so why would you vote for either? Why would you trust democrats was another question I asked. It's my opinion that it is arguable who is worse (I didn't intend to imply you said that, though that is how it can easily come off as). I don't think many of you actually look objectively at the pros/cons of democratic/republican run areas.

Looks like they complaining about stuff that isn't related to democratic or republican policy like heat (which is the number 1 reason in at least the 1st 2 links). Then, another issue would be property tax, but you don't pay income tax in Texas so you have to consider that as well. For example, when I switched jobs this year, my new job was about 7,000/year more than my previous job, but when adjusting for all the better benefits from my previous job (like free health insurance for example), I was making really just $200-$300 more a year when I did all the math. So, you have to adjust for everything or else it's a number without much context.

Minnesota is also one of the happiest states in the union

People who are leaving are generally unhappy with how high our taxes are but those taxes pay for a LOT of the reasons why this state is so high on the happiness chart. I'd much rather pay more in taxes and live in Minnesota rather than pay low taxes and have no support structure or programs. You get what you pay for and if people want to cheap out and move somewhere else, more power to them but there is a lot they're gonna lose doing that...
Those happiness ratings are basically random. Minnesota is high on the amount of sleep for example. What does that matter for the state? You can sleep as much as you want in any state. Then there's the Mean Work Hours category (which Minnesota isn't on anyway but just using as an example) which without context of how they got that number could mean anything; generally being able to work less is better than working more obviously, but do the states with the lowest mean work hours mean that that state has a high amount of underemployed people working not getting enough hours (not qualifying for health insurance)?

The fans and haters are equally in the same boat.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Sue him for more. Fuck the "discounted" price.

Last edited:

Eacaraxe

Elite Member
Legacy
May 28, 2020
Country
United States
King biatch is sweating like 🐖 and sow he is.
This isn't even news. They did in 2016 and 2020, too. It's all down to the neocon/paleocon slapfight that started with the tea party. The neocons got ran out of the party on a rail, so naturally they're going to ally with the faction ideologically-closest to them: conservative Democrats. Which means paleoconservatism in the Republican party is back to stay, because neoconservatives gave up the fight and are instead colonizing the Democratic party with "third way"-ist money.

The net result of it will be shepherding the Democratic party (and consequently the Overton window) even further right than it already has been. That's not something to celebrate; it's the biggest red flag/warning sign in US political history since Democratic party bosses forced FDR to replace Henry Wallace with Truman in '44.

Reactions: crimson5pheonix

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
Did you not read the Dirty Hipsters post I spoilered? Both parties are pretty bad and it's rather arguable who's worse.
It really isn't.
There's only one party scheming to deprive workers of water and children of free lunches.
One party says the US should at least have something resembling healthcare while the other is fanatically opposed to that
One party is at least performatively supportive of minority rights and the other is against it
One party is simping for Russia and the other isn't.
One party is running a twice impeached felon and the other isn't.

I don't even disagree that they're both pro corporate right wing parties. But center right isn't the same as far right, and pro corporate isn't the same as extremely pro corporation.

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
This isn't even news. They did in 2016 and 2020, too. It's all down to the neocon/paleocon slapfight that started with the tea party. The neocons got ran out of the party on a rail, so naturally they're going to ally with the faction ideologically-closest to them: conservative Democrats. Which means paleoconservatism in the Republican party is back to stay, because neoconservatives gave up the fight and are instead colonizing the Democratic party with "third way"-ist money.

The net result of it will be shepherding the Democratic party (and consequently the Overton window) even further right than it already has been. That's not something to celebrate; it's the biggest red flag/warning sign in US political history since Democratic party bosses forced FDR to replace Henry Wallace with Truman in '44.
That they lost control of their own party should be a sign that they shouldn't even be listened to, that they don't exist in numbers worth considering. But we all know who the dem machine is going to cater to.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
It really isn't.
There's only one party scheming to deprive workers of water and children of free lunches.
One party says the US should at least have something resembling healthcare while the other is fanatically opposed to that
One party is at least performatively supportive of minority rights and the other is against it
One party is simping for Russia and the other isn't.
One party is running a twice impeached felon and the other isn't.

I don't even disagree that they're both pro corporate right wing parties. But center right isn't the same as far right, and pro corporate isn't the same as extremely pro corporation.
You mean Obamacare that was Romneycare that was initiated by a republican?
Which party governs areas that have less racial segregation?
Which party governs areas where you have to ask a Target employee to unlock cases for to be able to buy a toothbrush?

They aren't nearly that far apart. Again, why should I vote for someone that is objectively a bad candidate? Just because one is best of the worst doesn't make them someone I would vote for.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
I don't think many of you actually look objectively at the pros/cons of democratic/republican run areas.
Blue states have better education funding leading to higher education performance.

Murder statistics in red states are 33% higher than in blue states.

Red states are bigger polluters than blue states.

Blue states have greater GDP per capita than red states, and pay more in taxes than red states. Red states would be broke if they weren't constantly getting money siphoned to them from blue states.

People in blue states have higher life expectancy than those living in red states.

Now obviously these differences aren't all down to politics and who the ruling party is. Many of these discrepancies can be attributed to environmental issues inherent to certain areas, but generally speaking the point still stands, Blue states tend to be better places to live. The reason people move to red states is because they made their money in blue states and they can live cheap in red states. It's the same reason that Americans retire in places like Thailand and Vietnam, their money goes further there and they are willing to put up with some discomfort because of that.

Generally my big problem with Democrats isn't that they're doing the objectively wrong thing, it's that they're doing the right thing in a stupid and inefficient way. Yes there's corruption in the Democratic party, with people like Nancy Peloci and other Democratic leaders using their positions of power to enrich themselves illegally through things like insider trading, but that's also not a partisan issue, that's an "all politicians are craven pieces of shit" issue.

On the other hand, Republicans seem to pick the worst option more often than not.

Schadrach

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 20, 2010
Country
US
You mean Obamacare that was Romneycare that was initiated by a republican?
Yes, it was based on Romneycare. Now ask yourself why Obama proposing a national version of a state healthcare system created under a Republican governor would invoke such dire hatred from Republicans?

Red states are bigger polluters than blue states.
This is unsurprising, but for the opposite reason: States with large extraction industries or heavy industry (which tend to be the sources of a lot of that pollution) tend to vote red for their own immediate economic interests.
"I'm going to put a lot of coal companies and coal miners out of business" and all.

Schadrach

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 20, 2010
Country
US
I still don't understand him having fans in the first place. He's an idiot. An idiot that put himself in the wrong general area at the wrong time that kicked off a series of events leading to three shootings (two fatal) that unfortunately very definitely qualified as self defense.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
still don't understand him having fans in the first place.
Because he along with his fans are indoctrinated into that whole use guns on killing People you don't like because of different political beliefs or a different race makes you a "man". Vigilanteism is okay so long as a person is not white and not conservative. Those cops are just responsible for letting it happen. They tried to protect him at first but the moment he started back pedaling and trying to suck up to the black community, everybody on his "side" dropped him. Even the police didn't bother to protect him anymore, once they realized possible consequences would come knocking with the lawsuits. "Kyle who now?! We never met him in our lives!".

Agema

Do everything and feel nothing
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
I still don't understand him having fans in the first place. He's an idiot. An idiot that put himself in the wrong general area at the wrong time that kicked off a series of events leading to three shootings (two fatal) that unfortunately very definitely qualified as self defense.
Sure, but he also "lived the dream" for many people.

You could think of a sort of cowboy ideal; a hero who goes out there and does what a man's gotta do, who fights for his community against the forces of evil and disorder, and shoots the bad guys dead. There are many, many people who dream of having that opportunity.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
It's not that strange. Firstly, he routinely lies about what and who he knows.

Secondly, it's also reasonable to believe he doesn't really know. He doesn't care about Project 2025. Trump doesn't want to be president because he has any interest in policy or the workings of government, he wants to be president for his own prestige and self-gratification. It's entirely possible that numerous offficials have sat down with Trump and discussed Project 2025 plans with him, and Trump has simply not been paying any attention because there's been nothing he could readily grasp as benefitting himself.
Sorry, I didn't put enough sarcasm into that strange.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Covid doesn't spread outside (technically probably like 1 in a million chance perhaps)I don't think there has even been a completely documented transmission of covid outside.
Yeah, they did. Sunlight was great at reducing the spread. Being windy could help but depending on the placement of people, it could make it worse. You could be closer to people outside but still wearing masks etc

But that isn't the problem with parks. Kids have a nasty habit of spreading germs everywhere, and they touch everything with their hands. The spread happens really quick. Lie, childcare centre are more dangerous for spreading than schools, as the children move around more, put things in their mouths, put their finger in every crevase of their and other children's bodies and wipe themselves on everything. A school has inbuilt social distancing with tables that help reduce the spread compared to a childcare centre and they generally have better hygiene.

What is the point in closing outdoor places? People have to gather and do things together,
They have to? What are you even talking about? No one actually has to gather anywhere. You WANT to. That different

wouldn't it be better if people did those things outside instead of inside?
Yes, being outside is better than being inside. Except your own house. Because it limits the people who can get infected. Which I was talking about.

I'm not suggesting everyone congregate at a school, church or shopping centre. That's worse than being outside

Also, people have to go to indoor places like the store or work or school, you can't just stay home.
Again. Have to? No, most people don't HAVE to go to work. Unless you are a nurse, teacher or something similar. You going to work is just your boss keeping an eye on you because they don't trust you. It's propaganda and is economically ineffective in a variety of ways. They could work from home. Just like many people still partially or wholly work from home now
You can get shopping delivered. Home schooling is totally a thing.
You can legitimately just stay home. It's not hard