Funny events in anti-woke world

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
So these people just need to *pull up their bootstraps*, ie no external factors in their lives are playing a part there? Or *who gives a fuck* because they’re men, or maybe by extension they’re clearly full of shit? Idk…reading some of the comments it doesn’t seem so black and white. The cynical attitude prevalent in the U.S. is part of what exacerbates peoples’ emotional/mental health and social issues.
No, I said Peterson is full of shit and making money off of selling these men easy/fake answers. The men who are struggling "being men" in a modern society are doing so, because being a traditional man is hard for a lot of men, and isn't doing it for a lot of women anymore either (it probably never did, but now they have more of a voice to speak out about it). So now a lot of men are lost at what to do - women don't really want 'those kind of men', but most of their lives these men were told that's exactly what women wanted, and it's still being reinforced by a lot of what we see in the media. And men like Jordan Peterson have made a very lucrative career from telling these men it's actually feminism that has ruined modern society and made men hate themselves. Well, he started out saying they should clean their room and take care of themselves, but we all know what this has spiraled into over the years.

There are external factors, but they aren't feminism and hypergamy - The go-to target for manosphere celebs like Peterson.

Reactions: Cicada 5

Agema

Do everything and feel nothing
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
I’m aware JP has questionable views on some things but can’t say this is one of them. Not sure how showing some compassion for people he once called “useless men” himself is a bad thing. Yes I’m aware of how vicious these people can apparently sound on message boards and I guess one of them even drove a van into a bunch of people killing them, but OTOH, they didn’t turn out this way on their own. Our fucked up society played a big part in that, like any other social injustice.
I would be concerned that Peterson has merely realised that he gets more money from sympathising with them than he does for damning them.

So these people just need to *pull up their bootstraps*, ie no external factors in their lives are playing a part there? Or *who gives a fuck* because they’re men, or maybe by extension they’re clearly full of shit? Idk…reading some of the comments it doesn’t seem so black and white. The cynical attitude prevalent in the U.S. is part of what exacerbates peoples’ emotional/mental health and social issues.
A certain problem with incels is that they often come across as... just quite unpleasant people.

As they spew a lot of stuff that's very disrespectful, annoying and offensive to others, so it tends to drive other people to hate them in return.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Peterson has about as much compassion for these men as fucking Andrew Tate has. Which is to say, no, no he does not. They're just a gullible crowd for him to exploit and squeeze money from. It's manosphere bullshit; an ecosystem in which he has set himself up in nicely, and an extension of his already homophobic, transphobic, sexist, and covid-conspiratorial views.

If your first instinct when being a lonely man who can't get a woman is to blame women and feminism, then you're doing it wrong, and you need to be told you're doing it wrong. What you don't, REALLY DON'T need is someone supporting those thoughts.
For Peterson, I think he just wants to be told he is right. It literally doesn't matter if he us actually right. That's never been what this has been about.

Not being a psychologist and all, but if I had a guess, he's has unresolved attention seeking issues... Perhaps worse than Trump

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
He's being a conservative. Laws that apply to other people do not apply to the demographic he likes

Have you ever wondered why conservatives are against Affirmative Action? Just look at their rhetoric. It's mostly about how it gives minorities unfair advantages. That's got nothing to do with stats and all to do with projecting their own ideology onto liberals or progressives. Yes, conservatives, unfair advantages are a bad thing. That's why Affirmative Action exists

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
Yeah, I know. You are using the widest possible usage of hoax. AND you pretended that Dems only did it

Here's something more akin to a hoax that happened about the same time as the Jizz Cups

A landlord blamed an immigrant gang for the shoddiness of their properties. They even got a PR firm to make it national news on Fox

This is far more of a hoax than Jizz cups. Many people are getting physically hurt by this hoax.

And this used Fox News to get the GOP riled up to target immigrants so they didn't have to have to pay for locks or cleaning mould

But.... I still wouldn't call this a hoax because the word hoax is used for more serious crimes

And lastly, if you still want to call the Jizz Cups a hoax, just note that you personally spend much of your time here stating false information and accusations that maliciously damages others. Far more than this Jizz Cups story. If this is your standard of what is a hoax, I will be applying to you to
The harm or seriousness doesn't matter to whether something is a hoax.

And, the liberal media does the same shit. I don't know why you guys only point out the lies of the right and act like you're (your team) any better.

What falsehoods have I stated that you have any evidence that are falsehoods?

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
The harm or seriousness doesn't matter to whether something is a hoax.

And, the liberal media does the same shit. I don't know why you guys only point out the lies of the right and act like you're (your team) any better.
I have done so here. I just don't get any fights about the media lying when I say it about the Dems. When I say Trump is lying, that's when I get pushback

What falsehoods have I stated that you have any evidence that are falsehoods?
Vitamin D, Affirmative Action, Ventilation, Lockdown, Roe, Chevron, Immunity, BLM, Jan 6, Vaccines, currently the word hoax and pretending that Snopes thinks there was one, transgender, including athletes, whatever you doing with gay marriage at the moment....

I can go on if you like. A better question is when have you not said a falsehood

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
There's a slowed down clip where it's pretty clear what he said.....

Rich Lowry, editor-in-chief of the conservative magazine the National Review, denies saying the N-word during his Sunday appearance on The Megyn Kelly Show. Lowry was discussing baseless claims about Haitian migrants in Springfield, Ohio, when he seemed to stumble over his words.

In the clip, which began trending across social media on Monday, Lowry said, “They’ve only found two Springfield residents calling to complain about Haitian migrants taking geese from ponds.” However, a number of users on social media are saying that, before he corrected himself, it sounded like Lowry used the N-word instead of “migrants.”

Host Megyn Kelly did not seem to react to Lowry’s stumble.

X user @peltzmadeline posted the clip and wrote, “Having a hard time coming to any conclusion besides the obvious one about what Rich Lowry catches himself blurting out here.”

In a reply to the post, Andrew McCarthy, a colleague of Lowry’s at the National Review, came to his defense. “Ridiculous,” he wrote, “@richlowry (not tagged here, natch) obviously got crossed up between ‘immigrants’ (short i) and migrants (long i) -- started mispronouncing ‘migrants’ with short i; instantly corrected himself with no embarrassment because it was patently a mispronunciation. Geez.”

Lowry himself soon after agreed with McCarthy’s characterization of what happened. He replied on X, “I began to mispronounce the word ‘migrants’ and caught myself halfway through.”

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
I have done so here. I just don't get any fights about the media lying when I say it about the Dems. When I say Trump is lying, that's when I get pushback

Vitamin D, Affirmative Action, Ventilation, Lockdown, Roe, Chevron, Immunity, BLM, Jan 6, Vaccines, currently the word hoax and pretending that Snopes thinks there was one, transgender, including athletes, whatever you doing with gay marriage at the moment....

I can go on if you like. A better question is when have you not said a falsehood
The vast majority of posts here (about hating on a side) is anti-republican, you included.

Ever since I upped my vitamin d (to 60,000-80,000 IUs a week from 15,000-20,000 IUs), I haven't had even had a sore throat in over 16 months. What did I say about affirmative action other than it's racist? What did I say about ventilation other than it works (I believe there's still not a confirmed case of covid that spread outside)? What did I say about Roe other than it being legal nonsense? I don't think I said anything about Chevron. What have I said about immunity that you can prove wrong? I said natural immunity is as good or stronger than the vaccine (CDC's own data confirms that), what was I wrong about? You're the one claiming that without BLM all these riots would have happened IIRC. What have I said about Jan 6th other than a very small amount of people actually did anything? Which you could literally say about BLM as well. All I said that it was spun to be like the worst thing ever and BLM was spun to be some "peaceful" movement when you can spin either in both directions. What did I say about vaccines that you actually have proof that I'm wrong? I simply challenged the fact that there's literally no evidence that vaccines slow transmission (literally not 1 study on that) and that natural immunity is as good or better (again, CDC data says that). Where's your proof that "Boston marriages" were in any way official and gave gay people any kind of benefits that you claimed?

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria

JD Vance, vice presidential candidate and generally weird guy, made a recent appearance on the YouTube show of Shawn Ryan where he defended the honor of Elon Musk. Strangely, Vance insisted that if European countries aren’t nicer to the billionaire owner of X, the U.S. shouldn’t support the NATO alliance.

Vance told Ryan he forgot “exactly which official it was within the European Union,” who had been mean to Musk, but said the regulator “sent Elon this threatening letter that basically said, ‘We’re going to arrest you if you platform Donald Trump, who by the way is the likely next president of the United States.'”

Vance appears to be thinking of Thierry Breton, a European regulator, sent Musk a letter back in August. Breton was concerned about the way extremist content has been promoted recently on X, though he didn’t threaten to arrest Musk. Vance insisted all of this amounted to censorship, a word he doesn’t seem to understand very well.

“So what America should be saying is, ‘Oh, if NATO wants us to continue supporting them and NATO wants us to continue to be a good participant in this military alliance, why don’t you respect American values and respect free speech,'” Vance said.

To be clear, there’s nothing in the NATO treaty that requires European countries to ignore their own laws about the spread of misinformation and hate speech in order to appease the U.S. or senators from Ohio, for that matter.

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria

In a recent edition of Newsmax’s Chris Plante: The Right Squad, host Plante and his co-host Jason Nichols began discussing Agatha All Along. Plante recounted how he heard the cast “flaunting and flailing with joy that the show is the gayest Marvel series ever.” He also noted how Locke stated that the show proves “the Marvel Universe isn’t just for straight men anymore.”

The host goes on to claim that he wasn’t initially concerned about it, but then he thought of “the kids.” He states, “It’s the kids, it’s—we’re targeting the kids, and it’s the gayest thing, and it’s, you know, it’s a recruiting video, I think.”

Nichols chimes in to claim that he knows “gay people do exist” and doesn’t believe films need to pretend as if they don’t exist. However, because Agatha All Along is “the gayest film or whatever,” he assumes it’s not appropriate for children. He concludes, “But, you know, I think if it’s inappropriate for children, then they should make sure that people know that it’s inappropriate for children.” Plante then begins equating the show to the books that conservatives have been banning for featuring LGBTQ+ characters, while co-host Mercedes Schlapp commented that it’s “sick” that Disney supposedly has an “obsession with sexuality and sex.”

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
I know this won't mean much against this level of stupid, but I just checked something. Agatha All Along is rated 'M' on Disney+ in Australia, which means no one under the age of 15 should be watching it unsupervised. That probably means its PG-13 in the US. And in theory only shows up on accounts its allowed to show up in. Which is not the kids ones.

Reactions: BrawlMan

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra

Majestic_Manatee

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2017
Country
Wales
Adams is just desperately buttering them up in hopes they won't fold on him under federal interrogation.

Something gnarly is festering in the highest ranks of New York City Mayor Eric Adams’ administration — and things might be coming to a head.

On Saturday night, Adams’ top legal counsel Lisa Zornberg abruptly quit. “It has been a great honor to serve the City,” she wrote in a letter announcing her decision. “I am tendering my resignation, effective today, as I have concluded that I can no longer effectively serve in my position.”

Zornberg’s exit was the latest harbinger of doom for an administration currently subject to four sprawling and ongoing federal corruption investigations affecting some of the city’s most prominent officials.

Last week, the FBI raided the homes of several top Adams administration officials in an unprecedented escalation of the scrutiny surrounding the mayor’s highest-ranking allies. It is unclear if the raids were all connected to a single investigation, but those targeted included First Deputy Mayor Sheena Wright, Deputy Mayor Philip Banks, and Schools Chancellor David Banks. Authorities also seized electronic devices belonging to Adams’ adviser Timothy Pearson, and issued a slew of subpoenas to other members of his administration.

The feds seized New York City Police Commissioner Edward A. Caban’s electronics a week earlier, leading to Caban’s resignation last Thursday. Devices belonging to Caban’s chief of staff, two precinct captains, and Caban’s twin brother, James Caban, were also seized. Adams, a former police officer, was publicly close to the father of the Caban twins, and Edward Caban rose quickly through the ranks of the NYPD. Authorities are probing allegations that James Caban has been exploiting his connections to the commissioner in service of his nightlife business ventures.

“Edward Caban concluded that this is the best decision at this time. I respect his decision and I wish him well,” Adams said of the police chief’s decision to step down.

Other members of the Adams administration are being investigated in connection to separate allegations of a bribery scheme potentially involving Terence Banks — a consultant and fundraiser for Adams as well as the brother of Philip and David Banks.

According to the New York Daily News, Zornberg’s decision to leave the administration came after Adams refused advice to fire Pearson and other administration members embroiled in the probe whose identities were not immediately clear.

Adams himself has not escaped the interest of federal authorities. Last year, authorities raided the home of the mayor’s chief fundraiser and seized Adams’ electronic devices in connection with a third probe investigating claims that the mayor’s campaign laundered illegal donations from the Turkish government during his 2021 campaign.

The mayor has insisted that he doesn’t care about the optics of having his top allies under the feds’ microscope, and will continue to cooperate with authorities as he manages the city.

“I say over and over again, as a former member of law enforcement, I’m very clear. We follow the rules. We make sure that we cooperate and turn over any information that is needed and it just really would be inappropriate to get in the way of the review while it’s taking place,” Adams told CBS New York earlier this month.

No charges have yet been leveled against Adams or members of his inner circle, but the high-profile arrests on Monday of two former New York City Fire Department fire chiefs, Brian Cordasco and Anthony Saccavino, on charges of corruption and bribery are bringing renewed attention to the web of scandals surrounding Adams, and the perception that he doesn’t have a handle on the city government.

In a press conference on Monday, Adams attempted to distance himself from the arrest of the two former fire chiefs, telling reporters that the alleged scheme started “under another administration,” and had no bearing on the problems plaguing his own.

Adams also denied the existence of a “Deputy Mayor for Operations (DMO)” list outlining construction projects to be fast-tracked by the mayor’s office. The alleged list has been a document of interest in authorities’ investigation into Adams.

The avalanche of criminal investigations is compounding New Yorkers’ frustration with the already unpopular mayor and starkly contrasts with the “tough on crime” stance taken by the administration. For some local lawmakers, enough is enough.

On Friday, Assemblywoman Emily Gallagher wrote on X that New York City deserves “a new mayor. A mayor who cuts education, library budgets, and parks, who surrounds himself with criminals and alleged corruption up to the very top, does not deserve our trust.”

“A corny attitude is not real charisma, not when he’s actively harming everyone in our city. The good news is we don’t have to wait — the mayor should resign,” she added.

State Sen. Julia Salazar backed Gallagher, writing: “Several FBI investigations and too much harm done to the best city in the world. Time to step aside and allow for new leadership.”

In a Monday statement, Queens City Councilmember Tiffany Cabán wrote that “Adams leads with corruption and mismanagement. At least 15 of his associates are under investigation. If his track record of cutting critical services and empowering NYPD abuses wasn’t enough: it is more clear than ever that Eric Adams is unfit to govern. New Yorkers deserve better.”

“It is time for him to resign,” she wrote.

Adams is not having it, telling reporters on Monday that the lawmakers calling for him to step down didn’t put him in office — the voters did. “I was elected by the people of this city, and I’m going to fulfill my obligation to the people of this city,” he said.
Admit the administrative chaos, Adams is also facing what it shaping up to be an intense battle to secure a second term in the city’s 2025 mayoral election. At least one prominent city official, City Comptroller Brad Lander, has already declared that they will challenge the mayor for his seat.