Funny events in anti-woke world

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
So you've gone from

to

If you don't use social media then why is your criteria for whether or not something is real whether or not it was mentioned on Republican social media?

And like I said, why would Republicans post about something on their social media if it's actively embarrassing to them? Again, did they proudly post about how they were wearing diapers for Trump?
Don't people that are trying to make something a thing/trend post what they do on social media? Why would they do that in public if they find it embarrassing?

Again, if someone claims to have been anal probed on an alien spaceship, don't you require actual evidence for that to be a thing you think happened?

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Don't people that are trying to make something a thing/trend post what they do on social media? Why would they do that in public if they find it embarrassing?
How do you know they didn't if you don't follow social media?

Again, if someone claims to have been anal probed on an alien spaceship, don't you require actual evidence for that to be a thing you think happened?
If someone claims to have been anal probed on an alien spaceship, and have photos where they are being probed, and the photos are confirmed to not be manipulated, and are confirmed to have come from an alien space ship then yes, I will believe that person got probed on an alien space ship, even if that person went to the space ship themselves and asked to be probed.

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
I have heard the only thing new or interesting in this debate. Kamala touting Dick Cheney's nod. It's refreshing to hear people tell Trump no, but there's nothing new to be learned here.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Well, he doubled down on the most extreme and inflammatory lies (immigrants are eating the dogs and cats in Springfield, and Dems will execute babies after they're born). But at this point, his voters either know he'll tell inflammatory lies and are fine with it, or will believe whatever idiotic shit he says regardless of truth.

Harris was more coherent, more able to stay on-topic, more calm and "presidential", and there seems to be consensus she came across better-- even from the Fox poll.

Agema

Do everything and feel nothing
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Well, he doubled down on the most extreme and inflammatory lies (immigrants are eating the dogs and cats in Springfield, and Dems will execute babies after they're born). But at this point, his voters either know he'll tell inflammatory lies and are fine with it, or will believe whatever idiotic shit he says regardless of truth.

Harris was more coherent, more able to stay on-topic, more calm and "presidential", and there seems to be consensus she came across better-- even from the Fox poll.
It's not just that. She's been much less visible than Trump (who has been president and dominated the news cycles for years), and a substantial number of voters may have been waiting to see what she was made of. Thus she potentially benefits from just being seen and assuaging concerns about an unknown as well as outperforming Trump. Of course, the outcome for long-term of voting intentions could still be almost nil.

I can only imagine how upset and furious Trump is going to be reading the feedback.

Reactions: Cicada 5

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
How do you know they didn't if you don't follow social media?

If someone claims to have been anal probed on an alien spaceship, and have photos where they are being probed, and the photos are confirmed to not be manipulated, and are confirmed to have come from an alien space ship then yes, I will believe that person got probed on an alien space ship, even if that person went to the space ship themselves and asked to be probed.
Snopes said they originated from a single Twitter account.

But that person doesn't have photos but some other random person on Twitter posted them that as has an AI generated profile pic. Chances are you wouldn't believe that anal probing now would you? Also, the photos aren't confirmed not to be manipulated.

There is only super weak evidence of any kind attempting to prove the claim. Hence, why would anyone believe it?

Agema

Do everything and feel nothing
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
He'll say the questions were unfair, he'll say the moderators were crooked, he'll say anything to avoid facing up to his own poor performance.
He already has...

In fact, I think he's said ABC should lose its broadcasting licence over it. I guess he can add ABC to his vengeance list for the entities he's going to set the DoJ on if he's elected.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
When someone says XYZ group of people is doing ABC and there's no evidence of that, that's literally a hoax by the definition of the word.
Yeah, I know. You are using the widest possible usage of hoax. AND you pretended that Dems only did it

Here's something more akin to a hoax that happened about the same time as the Jizz Cups

A landlord blamed an immigrant gang for the shoddiness of their properties. They even got a PR firm to make it national news on Fox

This is far more of a hoax than Jizz cups. Many people are getting physically hurt by this hoax.

And this used Fox News to get the GOP riled up to target immigrants so they didn't have to have to pay for locks or cleaning mould

But.... I still wouldn't call this a hoax because the word hoax is used for more serious crimes

And lastly, if you still want to call the Jizz Cups a hoax, just note that you personally spend much of your time here stating false information and accusations that maliciously damages others. Far more than this Jizz Cups story. If this is your standard of what is a hoax, I will be applying to you to

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
Not sure if this fits better here or the counterpart thread but -

@pamelahermano9298 1 year ago
So he didn’t get emotional about Olivia Wilde calling him names, he got emotional about the suffering men who keep getting abused for being socially awkward and needing help.

@SeanConnery-j7b 1 year ago
As a man who has suffered from depression, I can tell you that it's wild how much contempt American society has for men who are struggling in life. I don't wanna hurt anyone, I'm just trying to survive.

@finboy818 1 year ago
What a weird world we live in that Jordan Peterson who shows empathy to those who are left behind is considered evil, and those people who call unfortunate human beings incels and wish them ill are considered the good ones.

@cnreidy 1 year ago
As a child; I was abandoned by my parents, sexually abused, developed drug addiction and grew up terminally ill with Cystic Fibrosis which I'm now on the transplant list for. Jordan has been the only role model I've had, which in turn saved my life from suicide

I’m aware JP has questionable views on some things but can’t say this is one of them. Not sure how showing some compassion for people he once called “useless men” himself is a bad thing. Yes I’m aware of how vicious these people can apparently sound on message boards and I guess one of them even drove a van into a bunch of people killing them, but OTOH, they didn’t turn out this way on their own. Our fucked up society played a big part in that, like any other social injustice.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I’m aware JP has questionable views on some things but can’t say this is one of them. Not sure how showing some compassion for people he once called “useless men” himself is a bad thing. Yes I’m aware of how vicious these people can apparently sound on message boards and I guess one of them even drove a van into a bunch of people killing them, but OTOH, they didn’t turn out this way on their own. Our fucked up society played a big part in that, like any other social injustice.
Peterson has about as much compassion for these men as fucking Andrew Tate has. Which is to say, no, no he does not. They're just a gullible crowd for him to exploit and squeeze money from. It's manosphere bullshit; an ecosystem in which he has set himself up in nicely, and an extension of his already homophobic, transphobic, sexist, and covid-conspiratorial views.

If your first instinct when being a lonely man who can't get a woman is to blame women and feminism, then you're doing it wrong, and you need to be told you're doing it wrong. What you don't, REALLY DON'T need is someone supporting those thoughts.

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
Peterson has about as much compassion for these men as fucking Andrew Tate has. Which is to say, no, no he does not. They're just a gullible crowd for him to exploit and squeeze money from. It's manosphere bullshit; an ecosystem in which he has set himself up in nicely, and an extension of his already homophobic, transphobic, sexist, and covid-conspiratorial views.

If your first instinct when being a lonely man who can't get a woman is to blame women and feminism, then you're doing it wrong, and you need to be told you're doing it wrong. What you don't, REALLY DON'T need is someone supporting those thoughts.
So these people just need to *pull up their bootstraps*, ie no external factors in their lives are playing a part there? Or *who gives a fuck* because they’re men, or maybe by extension they’re clearly full of shit? Idk…reading some of the comments it doesn’t seem so black and white. The cynical attitude prevalent in the U.S. is part of what exacerbates peoples’ emotional/mental health and social issues.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
So these people just need to *pull up their bootstraps*, ie no external factors in their lives are playing a part there? Or *who gives a fuck* because they’re men, or maybe by extension they’re clearly full of shit? Idk…reading some of the comments it doesn’t seem so black and white. The cynical attitude prevalent in the U.S. is part of what exacerbates peoples’ emotional/mental health and social issues.
Their problems aren't fake, but these men tend to blame their problems and direct their anger at the wrong target.

Much like when people who lose their jobs start blaming immigrants for "stealing their jobs" instead of the CEOs moving their jobs out of the country, or laying people off to have more money for stock buybacks.

Reactions: Cicada 5