General Gaming News.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010

No fucking way they are actually trying to bring back Concord.

I mean there is that 1/n chance of an FF14: ARR miracle here, but as we know those are rare occasions.
Hey its sony, they brought back Morbius.

But really, they already threw in the money, just have a couple of server running it and release it as F2P to recoup 10-20% of the cost doesn't seem like a bad idea.

I do hope they give up there really dumb idea to make weekly video story video as some sort of hook, of all the dumb idea, that one took the cake.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Data Breach at Gamefreak

Most of the data stolen/leaked was a mixture of future plans like Gen 10, future plots for Horizons and some adjacent movies. Also leaked was beta designs from previous Gens. However, caught up in this most importantly is the personal details of over 2600 employees, at the time of writing its limited to their names and company email addresses but that could change.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US
Steam will now let you know that you are in fact purchasing the license to the digital copy of a game, but not the game itself. You will see this everytime you have something in your cart.
steamnotice.PNG
I decided to read their user agreement. TL;DR is
  • If a game gets delisted/removed from steam store but you still own it in your library, it stays in your library.
  • For a singleplayer game, this really isn't that being deal
  • However, for multiplayer games or the ones that rely on online connection, Valve/Steam can still technically deny your access if the online service for that game is no longer available, the publisher shuts down the servers, or if Valve/Steam decides the game has a good reason to be removed.
Well I guess Steam is being honest about it, and at the very least let you keep the game. Unlike that OTHER company who told everyone to "deal with it, *****!"

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US
Last edited:
Reactions: BrawlMan

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden
iirc they feel out with EA over the licenses, so they're probably looking for another dev to saddle up.
Yeah, I thought it was almost historical when EA decided to forgo the FIFA licence and thereby de jure end one of the most successful series there is. Though they did de facto not end it, just started calling it EA Sports FC.

I wondered if they or FIFA overplayed their hand, but Wikipedia tells me they had 11.3 million players their first week so it seems customers did turn up to the title. Which in retrospect makes sense to me. The Madden franchise is going strong 15 years after its namesake commentator stopped commenting American Football games, so the mental connection to the thing associated with the sport ought not to be that important.

Reactions: BrawlMan and meiam