General Gaming News.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010

No fucking way they are actually trying to bring back Concord.

I mean there is that 1/n chance of an FF14: ARR miracle here, but as we know those are rare occasions.
Hey its sony, they brought back Morbius.

But really, they already threw in the money, just have a couple of server running it and release it as F2P to recoup 10-20% of the cost doesn't seem like a bad idea.

I do hope they give up there really dumb idea to make weekly video story video as some sort of hook, of all the dumb idea, that one took the cake.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Data Breach at Gamefreak

Most of the data stolen/leaked was a mixture of future plans like Gen 10, future plots for Horizons and some adjacent movies. Also leaked was beta designs from previous Gens. However, caught up in this most importantly is the personal details of over 2600 employees, at the time of writing its limited to their names and company email addresses but that could change.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US
Steam will now let you know that you are in fact purchasing the license to the digital copy of a game, but not the game itself. You will see this everytime you have something in your cart.
steamnotice.PNG
I decided to read their user agreement. TL;DR is
  • If a game gets delisted/removed from steam store but you still own it in your library, it stays in your library.
  • For a singleplayer game, this really isn't that being deal
  • However, for multiplayer games or the ones that rely on online connection, Valve/Steam can still technically deny your access if the online service for that game is no longer available, the publisher shuts down the servers, or if Valve/Steam decides the game has a good reason to be removed.
Well I guess Steam is being honest about it, and at the very least let you keep the game. Unlike that OTHER company who told everyone to "deal with it, *****!"

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US
Last edited:
Reactions: BrawlMan

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden
iirc they feel out with EA over the licenses, so they're probably looking for another dev to saddle up.
Yeah, I thought it was almost historical when EA decided to forgo the FIFA licence and thereby de jure end one of the most successful series there is. Though they did de facto not end it, just started calling it EA Sports FC.

I wondered if they or FIFA overplayed their hand, but Wikipedia tells me they had 11.3 million players their first week so it seems customers did turn up to the title. Which in retrospect makes sense to me. The Madden franchise is going strong 15 years after its namesake commentator stopped commenting American Football games, so the mental connection to the thing associated with the sport ought not to be that important.

Reactions: BrawlMan and meiam

Ezekiel

Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Country
United States

Project 007 Is a 'Young Bond for Gamers' and Hopefully the Start of a New Trilogy, IO Interactive Boss Says

CEO Hakan Abrak teases IO Interactive's shadowy James Bond game as a "young Bond for gamers."

IO Interactive boss Hakan Abrak has shared some fresh details about Project 007, the shadowy new project from the developers of Hitman that will feature a "James Bond origin story," saying that production is going "amazingly well" and that the studio will have more details to share soon.

Speaking with IGN in a wide-ranging interview as part of today's MindsEye publishing deal, Abrak said that Project 007 is being fully developed, published, and funded by IO Interactive, and that there's "a lot of cool stuff coming up."

"We absolutely feel like 20 plus years of training for the agent fantasy, creating an agent that travels the world and globetrotting whatnot, has given us some know-how on that. But obviously James Bond is a different IP. It's a huge IP. It's not our IP. It's actually the first IP that is not our original IP from ground up," Abrak says.

"But what's exciting about that project is that we actually got to do an original story. So it's not a gamification of a movie. It's completely beginning and becoming a story, hopefully for a big trilogy out there in the future. And equally important and exciting, it's a new Bond. It's a Bond we built from ground up for gamers. It's extremely exciting with all the tradition and all the history there is there together to work on this together with the family of creating a young Bond for gamers; a Bond that the gamers can call their own and grow with."

IO Interactive has become famous for stealth games thanks to its work with the Hitman series, which is notable for its open-ended design and wry sense of humor (you get to assassinate Sean Bean!). The owners of the James Bond IP were apparently leery of another game based on 007 given the franchise's mixed track record outside of Goldeneye, but IO Interactive was able to convince them otherwise. At the moment, the Hitman franchise is on hiatus while the studio focuses on other projects, but IO Interactive did release a compilation of the Hitman trilogy called World of Assassination in 2023.

The James Bond franchise remains "extremely powerful"

Since IO Interactive announced that it was working on a Bond game back in 2020, MGM has released No Time to Die, which was a generally well-received sendoff to Daniel Craig. Craig's departure means that the Bond franchise is currently between Bonds, but Abrak says that the license is still very powerful.

"When we look at the movies, it's one of the top three IPs out there, it's extremely powerful also because it's been, what, almost 15 years since the last game. So it's been a long time. It definitely is something that is not overexposed in gaming. We actually see that as a strength that we can do something very special and hopefully... There's a lot of people out there who think about GoldenEye as the classic. And I love that game as well myself," Abrak says.

"I don't want to speak too big about it, but I just hope we'll do a thing that will define James Bond in gaming for years to come. And that is not only one game, but that we create a universe for gamers to own for many years to come that we can grow with that next to the Bond on the movies."

Abrak praised the producers of the films for being able to "reinvent Bond throughout the years and keep that IP relevant" and said that IO Interactive have "big, big shoes to fill." Like the legendary secret agent himself, a Project 007 reveal remains frustratingly elusive, but Abrak says that IO Interactive will share more in "due time."

"I don't have an update today, but believe me, it's itching here as well to be talking about it soon. So we are following our plans. The production's going amazingly well and we will soon be talking more about it. I know it was a little teaser, not a lot of information, but there's a lot of cool stuff coming up," Abrak says. "We are also very excited and when we are ready with that, we'll be opening up."

Reactions: FakeSympathy

Ezekiel

Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Country
United States
Origin story, automatically lame, and that he's already talking about a trilogy suggests it will have another tiresome very connected series of stories in which Bond is still crying about his two week love two games later, like Craig's version, rather than more self-contained adventures that don't take themselves so damn seriously.

Video game would have been the medium to set James Bond in the 1950s. Probably can't do it in movies because it would be too expensive and they couldn't promote new products in the movie. He's irrelevant in our times. Doesn't belong anymore. I wanna go back to more analog spying. Simple tools. Music should be totally acoustic as well, no hint of modernism.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Bond is still crying about his two week love two games later, like Craig's version, rather than more self-contained adventures that don't take themselves so damn seriously.
Timothy Dalton and Pierce Brosonn says hello. They both had a serious Bond movie that took themselves more seriously than one or other their previous outlines.

He's irrelevant in our times. Doesn't belong anymore.
That's a load of shit. People have been spitting out that lame tune since the nineties. He's no longer relevant to you. Or whatever archaic, arbitrary, and dumb standard you have in mind. You don't speak for me, my family my friends nor a majority of the world. I always won't come a new James Bond. Sounds more like you're mad because it's not caterer. Specifically towards you for those in your age group.

I'm looking forward to whatever they have on offer. I don't need the same thing every single time. Could be fun; could suck. I doubt it though because I know how to have fun with life and gaming. If you don't want to play, that is fine all, but you don't have to be a grumpy bear about every single thing, Because you didn't get a thousand percent of what you wanted.

Last edited:
Reactions: NerfedFalcon

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America