Cuties - WTF am I seeing here?

lil devils x

🐐More Lego Goats Please!🐐
Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Well, that and a cold, uncaring industry that'll chew them up and spit them out as it sees fit.
Too true. That is pretty much how the industry treats most actors though, child actors always have it the hardest. With our current technology though we shouldn't actually need to use child actors for much longer in films. Hell with current technology they won't really need actors at all anymore soon enough.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
There was a Proud Family episode about this topic. The moral of the story was: "don't"

do people not realize that someone as young as these people cannot consent?
But they can apparently flaunt their sexuality, dress in revealing clothing, and twerk onstage, a la this movie. Some people think that they should be doing neither, as being able to do one but not the other sends a mixed message.

Reactions: gorfias

McElroy

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2013
Finland
I also have some interviews with the female Franco-Senegalse director, but those are all in French. Not sure how much good those are to the rest of you. Willing to help with translation if desired tho.

This one had the English version right there in the top right corner. The translation isn't totally accurate, but you can figure it out.

This part in particular seems relevant here:
The day I saw, at a neighbourhood party, a group of young girls aged around 11 years old, going up on stage and dancing in a very sensual way while wearing very revealing clothes. I was rather shocked and I wondered if they were aware of the image of sexual availability that they were projecting. In the audience, there were also more traditional mothers, some of them wearing veils: it was a real culture shock.
EDIT: Also if you want to see some Sad things check out Netflix on Twitter right now. WTF am I seeing indeed.

Last edited:

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
There was a Proud Family episode about this topic. The moral of the story was: "don't"

But they can apparently flaunt their sexuality, dress in revealing clothing, and twerk onstage, a la this movie. Some people think that they should be doing neither, as being able to do one but not the other sends a mixed message.
Tbh, it is no different than running through a sprinkler in your undies. That isn't sexual and neither is a bunch of kids dressing up, shaking their booties and having fun. Girls just wanting to have fun do not need the modesty police trying to tell them they should be shamed for doing so. The shaming is what is disgusting, not the girls having fun. The girls themselves are just having fun and it is the adults bringing the sex into it, not the kids. The adults who think these things about the kids are the problem here, not what the kids are doing. I am honestly so sick and tired of hearing the religious propaganda trying to impose this crap on everyone else. The kids wouldn't even think about it that way at all if the adults didn't force "shame" them.
Maybe you should have focused on this being the most important part:
The film is very careful not to judge the characters.

Last edited:

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Too true. That is pretty much how the industry treats most actors though, child actors always have it the hardest. With our current technology though we shouldn't actually need to use child actors for much longer in films. Hell with current technology they won't really need actors at all anymore soon enough.
Yeah, that won't happen. People like idealizing real live actors way too much, and they like idealizing child actors even more.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
This is were things get weird, because children aren't this innocent thing that we in the west like to think of them as. Kids start becoming curious about sex way before its comfortable to deal with and you can't just stop them and expect them to suddenly become 18 and not stupid... I don't know, this is complicated and squicky enough that I'm just going to go with what Lil Devils X says since she tends to be willing to do more research into things and has much more direct experience with it.

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Yeah, that won't happen. People like idealizing real live actors way too much, and they like idealizing child actors even more.
I always found fandom in that way odd. I liked movies and actors, but rarely even remembered their names even when I liked them, and I have always viewed celebrities just like anyone else. I never understood this whole celebrity worship thing some people do. I have met quite a few and even partied with celebrities, but I don't really " get" the whole idea like they are any different than anyone else, because from as far as I can tell, they really are not. The whole " Omg it's so and so" as such a strange way to react. I am still trying to figure out what I am missing here. LOL

I would be fine with computer generated actors if they were able to do a good job with them.

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
This is were things get weird, because children aren't this innocent thing that we in the west like to think of them as. Kids start becoming curious about sex way before its comfortable to deal with and you can't just stop them and expect them to suddenly become 18 and not stupid... I don't know, this is complicated and squicky enough that I'm just going to go with what Lil Devils X says since she tends to be willing to do more research into things and has much more direct experience with it.
Of course kids experiment and are aware, but even in cultures like my own that celebrated sex and did not hide or shame for it, children were instead taught WHY they weren't supposed to actually have sex until they were older rather than treat it like something that they should hide and not talk about like many religious groups do. Children in my traditional culture can openly discuss it and ask questions, and those are not deemed " inappropriate" as they are elsewhere. They are encouraged to discuss it instead so they have a better understanding and are better prepared for when it is time for them to actually have sex. No one is ever told it is bad or wrong or a sin or some other nonsense.

EDIT: Also nudity, how you dressed and dancing are not considered " sexual" or taboo as they are in western culture. I do not view the dance gear photo as being sexual because it isn't considered such where I come from. I think the linked association in western culture is due to religious conditioning most frequently associated with Abrahamic religions.

Last edited:
Reactions: Worgen

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Of course kids experiment and are aware, but even in cultures like my own that celebrated sex and did not hide or shame for it, children were instead taught WHY they weren't supposed to actually have sex until they were older rather than treat it like something that they should hide and not talk about like many religious groups do. Children in my traditional culture can openly discuss it and ask questions, and those are not deemed " inappropriate" as they are elsewhere. They are encouraged to discuss it instead so they have a better understanding and are better prepared for when it is time for them to actually have sex. No one is ever told it is bad or wrong or a sin or some other nonsense.

EDIT: Also nudity, how you dressed and dancing are not considered " sexual" or taboo as they are in western culture. I do not view the dance gear photo as being sexual because it isn't considered such where I come from. I think the linked association in western culture is due to religious conditioning most frequently associated with Abrahamic religions.
One of the fun parts about the west is that even if you didn't get the religious conditioning, you still have to deal with people who did. I've get a couple people on this forum calling me a "pedophile" because I wanted someone to be able to argue his point that it was bad with more reason then just "its bad because its bad."

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I always found fandom in that way odd. I liked movies and actors, but rarely even remembered their names even when I liked them, and I have always viewed celebrities just like anyone else. I never understood this whole celebrity worship thing some people do. I have met quite a few and even partied with celebrities, but I don't really " get" the whole idea like they are any different than anyone else, because from as far as I can tell, they really are not. The whole " Omg it's so and so" as such a strange way to react. I am still trying to figure out what I am missing here. LOL

I would be fine with computer generated actors if they were able to do a good job with them.
I like them when they're acting. As soon as they stop acting I don't really give a shit. At best I'll enjoy it if they have some information or anicdotes from behind the scenes of certain movie productions, but that's it.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Tbh, it is no different than running through a sprinkler in your undies. That isn't sexual and neither is a bunch of kids dressing up, shaking their booties and having fun.
Very many dance moves, especially twerking, were created as interpretations of sexual acts. Certain dance moves, and certain styles of dance, are inherently sexual. That's what they were designed for.

You think that daggering is just "a bunch of kids dressing up, shaking their booties and having fun"?

The girls themselves are just having fun and it is the adults bringing the sex into it, not the kids.
Where do girls learn these "sexy dance moves" from? The adults who do them titillate other adults. Girls just don't invent these dance moves from their own imagination. Adults aren't "bringing sex into it", children are copying movies that are inherently sexual.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
One of the fun parts about the west is that even if you didn't get the religious conditioning, you still have to deal with people who did. I've get a couple people on this forum calling me a "pedophile" because I wanted someone to be able to argue his point that it was bad with more reason then just "its bad because its bad."
It depends on who you talk to. I don't think I've ever tried to force my religion in anyone's face here.

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Very many dance moves, especially twerking, were created as interpretations of sexual acts. Certain dance moves, and certain styles of dance, are inherently sexual. That's what they were designed for.

You think that daggering is just "a bunch of kids dressing up, shaking their booties and having fun"?

Where do girls learn these "sexy dance moves" from? The adults who do them titillate other adults. Girls just don't invent these dance moves from their own imagination. Adults aren't "bringing sex into it", children are copying movies that are inherently sexual.
So the swing dance moves from the 50's are sexual as well? Of course the kids are " doing the latest dance moves" just like they did in the 50's when they had their legs around their dance partner's face or waist or both in the series of moves....

I don't see anything wrong as long as they are not actually having sex. Sex is a beautiful wonderful part of life, children should learn about it and discuss it openly. Treating sex like some elite underground secret club they aren't supposed to know about only makes them want to do it more instead of it being out in the open and them being made to fully understand why they are waiting to engage in sex with another person. Children should be encouraged to self pleasure privately, it shouldn't be some taboo secret. The more you try to hide it from them the more they want to find out about it.

Dancing however, including twerking, the girls are not even thinking of it as being sexual, they just think they look cool doing the latest dance moves. Adults are really just reading too much into it. The twerking motion itself doesn't actually do anything sexually for girls doing it, guys just think it looks sexy. It is all about balance and muscle control.

Last edited:

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States

This might be the first time you and I are on the same page. This was exactly my point.

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
In coed gym classes they do sexier exercises than most of these dances and sex STILL has nothing to do with it.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
So the swing dance moves from the 50's are sexual as well? Of course the kids are " doing the latest dance moves" just like they did in the 50's when they had their legs around their dance partner's face or waist or both in the series of moves....

I don't see anything wrong as long as they not actually having sex. Sex is a beautiful wonderful part of life, children should learn about it and discuss it openly. Treating sex like some elite underground secret club they aren't supposed to know about only makes them want to do it more instead of it being out in the open and them being made to fully understand why they are waiting to engage in sex with another person. Children should be encouraged to self pleasure, it shouldn't be some taboo secret.
Dancing however, including twerking, the girls are not even thinking of it as being sexual, they just think they look cool doing the latest dance moves. Adults are really just reading too much into it.
I don't think anyone is questioning the motives of the girls themselves. But the adults witnessing this, the same ones responsible for this marketing, know better and apparently are ok with depicting children having been influenced by sexual material beyond their years and experience.

And those older dances you keep referencing (the swing dances, Presley's hip thrusting) were no where near as overtly sexual. Twerking is a literal depiction of of woman atop a man's erect penis, the better she does it an indication at her proficiency at such a thing. The girl on the right is on her hands and knees with her had on her ass; there's no reading into it necessary; it's a sexually charged position. Whether or not they're aware of what they're doing or what it implies is not the point; it's that this is what was put out front to sell this film. Let's stay on topic, we're talking about this marketing, not the values or value of the girls IN the marketing.

Reactions: Houseman

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
Considering what you think I should be like as an atheist, based on your own beliefs about how you think the world should be, I strongly disagree.
Hhm... I wouldn't describe that conversation that way, I wasn't ever advocating for my particular religion. But we've already gone over that and I don't think either of us has anything new to add to it.

Last edited:

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
I don't think anyone is questioning the motives of the girls themselves. But the adults witnessing this, the same ones responsible for this marketing, know better and apparently are ok with depicting children having been influenced by sexual material beyond their years and experience.

And those older dances you keep referencing (the swing dances, Presley's hip thrusting) were no where near as overtly sexual. Twerking is a literal depiction of of woman atop a man's erect penis, the better she does it an indication at her proficiency at such a thing. The girl on the right is on her hands and knees with her had on her ass; there's no reading into it necessary; it's a sexually charged position. Whether or not they're aware of what they're doing or what it implies is not the point; it's that this is what was put out front to sell this film. Let's stay on topic, we're talking about this marketing, not the values or value of the girls IN the marketing.
And how is any of that some how worse than the exercises we did in gym class? I remember the coach having a guy in my class use his whole body on top of mine to push me down in gym class with my legs spread, and yea I could feel EVERYTHING he had to offer pressed against my back. You do realize there was a move in swing dancing in the 50's where the girls crotch was literally in the guys face as he swung her around in a circle hands free for an extended period of time and then flipped her over right? Twerking is somehow WORSE than that? LMAO Twerking is just muscle control and balance. We doe worse in gym class than twerking.

Reactions: Xprimentyl

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
And how is any of that some how worse than the exercises we did in gym class? I remember the coach having a guy in my class use his whole body on top of mine to push me down in gym class with my legs spread, and yea I could feel EVERYTHING he had to offer pressed against my back
If you had asked the coach what that activity is for, you would probably receive a very good answer that has nothing to do with sex.

If you were to ask someone what twerking is for, you would get an explanation that revolves around sex.

Reactions: Xprimentyl