Current Systemic Issues in the Anime Industry and Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Yeah, don't judge Tatsumaki on her explicitly designed 10-year old curves, which CERTAINLY weren't drawn for creepo's to salivate over. What's important is her very adult brain, and that's why there's little if any preference placed on her underaged physique by drawing her dress as unrealistically skintight as possible.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Yeah, don't judge Tatsumaki on her explicitly designed 10-year old curves, which CERTAINLY weren't drawn for creepo's to salivate over. What's important is her very adult brain, and that's why there's little if any preference placed on her underaged physique by drawing her dress as unrealistically skintight as possible.
I haven't heard your answer to the dilemma yet:

Is it okay to be attracted to an adult who looks like a child? Haven't we already had real-life cases of adults who appear similar to children? Do they not deserve love? Would you doom them to a life of celibacy?

Nobody wants to be the bad guy and say "nope, the don't ever deserve to be loved", because that would invalidate real humans.
Nobody wants to say "it's okay for them to find love", because that would justify the weebs, and people would rather die than do that.

Mister Mumbler

Pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove"
Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
Good. Tell that to the detractors who don't care about Tatsumaki's 28-year-old brain and only look at her 10-year-old body. Tell them that they're being shallow by judging by appearances.

Tell that to Uzaki's haters who say that, because she childish sometimes, she must be relegated to kindergarten and treated as a toddler.

Tell that to the people that want to take an aspect of someone's personality or appearance and claim that it is the entirety of their being.

You're on our side now. Welcome to the weebs.
Nope, because my argument applies to real life, breathing people.
Well, that would be a dilemma, if we were talking about real people. As far as cartoons go, the question becomes, when blessed with the freedom of an open canvas and pen, why they choose to draw what looks like, for all intents and purposes, a small child with the equivalent of a sticky note slapped on them reading "don't worry, she legal -the writer"

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Horseman trying to shield his paedophilic tendencies with disabled people, lol. That's a double offense, I'm afraid...

original.gif

Shit, auto corrected to Horseman, nevermind it can stay.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Given how *everything* in One Punch Man is commentary, Tatsumaki being designed as such is probably, like, "hey, this shit is ridiculous. Look how ridiculous this shit is"

And then weebs happened. It's Neon Genesis Evangelion all over again.

Reactions: Mister Mumbler

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009

Is it okay to be attracted to an adult who looks like a child? Haven't we already had real-life cases of adults who appear similar to children? Do they not deserve love? Would you doom them to a life of celibacy?

Nobody wants to be the bad guy and say "nope, the don't ever deserve to be loved", because that would invalidate real humans.
Nobody wants to say "it's okay for them to find love", because that would justify the weebs, and people would rather die than do that.
This isn't a dilemma.

If you're attracted to children, you're a pedophile. If you're attracted to an adult who looks indistinguishable from a child specifically because they look like a child, you're still a pedophile.

Don't try to make this about the acceptance of people with physical disabilities, because that's not what this is about and you know it.
Given how *everything* in One Punch Man is commentary, Tatsumaki being designed as such is probably, like, "hey, this shit is ridiculous. Look how ridiculous this shit is"

And then weebs happened. It's Neon Genesis Evangelion all over again.
I really like One Punch Man, but that's giving it too much credit. This is the same manga that has a gay character represented as someone who assaults men, cuz you know, he's gay. It's Japan being Japan.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Nope, because my argument applies to real life, breathing people.
So you disagree with treating fictional characters like real-life people? Interesting...
So why treat Uzaki or Tatsumaki as real-life people?

Shit, auto corrected to Horseman, nevermind it can stay.
Neigh, soul sister.

If you're attracted to an adult who looks indistinguishable from a child specifically because they look like a child, you're still a pedophile.
That doesn't align with any known definition of "pedophilia", so it seems as though you have just made that up.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
No, just logically deduced.
As Mister Mumbler says: "thinking it's only skin deep is an extremely shallow way of going about it."

Some people are attracted to what's inside, as opposed to what's outside.

Mister Mumbler

Pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove"
Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
So you disagree with treating fictional characters like real-life people? Interesting...
What's interesting is how you somehow can't differentiate between a cartoon character that someone creates (and therefore has absolutely no agency outside of what the creator dictates) and real life people.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
What's interesting is how you somehow can't differentiate between a cartoon character that someone creates (and therefore has absolutely no agency outside of what the creator dictates) and real life people.
That's exactly what I would say to the detractors. The people who claim that Uzaki has a mental illness, or those who think that being attracted to an adult is evidence of being a pedophile.

These people are trying to drag a cartoon character into reality and want to treat them as if they were real human beings.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
Ok, I guess I'll wade into this new slant of the conversation.

Old Children.jpg

I think these three characters are fine.

(Left) Chronoa the Supreme Kai of Time is not presented in a sexual maner and behaves like an adult. The presentation of them is not that of "Hey it's ok, they're actually X years old" but meant to be ironic that a being that's this powerful and old has the body of a child.

(Right) Is the Goddess of Winter from 'The Ancient Magus's Bride', I'm still not entirely certain how she works but it seems that she is reborn every year and this is her young form. This person is portrayed as being very powerful and dangerous if not treated with respect and I believe the child body here is meant to be deliberately unsettling. This is a character that is taken from myths and legends and them being an X year old with a child's body is also fine for me.

(Center) Is Zoe from 'League of Legends'. She's a child that became the aspect of a trickster god and is thousands of years old. This is a case where I would argue the character is a 1000 year old child. Yes they are technically much much older than they appear but her maturity hasn't grown with time and neither has her body.

I do not think it is right to sexualize these characters as they appear here but I also don't see anything wrong with their backgrounds from a story perspective and don't think the intent in any of these cases is to give pedophiles something to "get their jollies off" to.

Gyrobot

Ask Revachol/Renegades of Woke
May 13, 2020
Nope! It does confirm to me how desperate pedos will get to justify their fetish that they'll have researched all sorts of bizarre edge cases and take advantage of people's medical conditions so that they can "NO YOU" whenever somebody criticizes 3000 year old dragons.
I do tend to see this a lot with hardcore weebs, moegamer did an article for that during his coverage of Bullet Girls Fantasia.

[Rhetoric Legendary: Success.]A desperate play weeaboos with strong opinion on sexual content in an attempt to establish legitimacy for their arguments, a futile gesture to anyone with some knowledge of the genre.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
So this thread went places while I was grinding Blitz on granblue versus all day yesterday alright (got 100 draw tickets at the end of it, woo~).

So, lets try to see why the argument doesn't make sense.

One side says Uzaki is mentally too immature to be as hot as people see her as. Meaning, mental maturity is what defines whether you're adult or not, even if your body is hot if you're like Robin Williams in that one film, that's still being a child.

Ok, got it.

So why, then, if Tatsumaki is 28 mentally, and she very much is that, is it bad that her body looks young? Are midgets also supposed to be eternal virgins because they will never grow tall?

This is the issue with this argument people have. You have the one side (lets call it the kittie side for no reason whatsoever!) where it's all about the mentality, then once you go on to adhere to that side you have the other side which just focuses on the body of the character.

The problem is, you, the body people, you are NOT coming to our defense when a char with a mature body is being maligned. You sit in silence, like a judgy ninja, waiting for the chance where a counterpoint to the kittie side is made, and you pounce at the 28 year old that just appearance-wise looks young.

So...which is it? Aren't people only into it for the boobs? If so why would they even like Tatsumaki? Are they...maybe not just into it for the boobs? So then, why would they like Uzaki? Do you see how this doesn't make sense? There's a fundamental contradiction with this logic. The answer is that both judgy groups are totally wrong in their assessments in general.

I deem such a state of affairs as one that is in bad faith. The right course of action is to wholly ignore all this and just have fun.

(also, to clarify, the best part about Tatsumaki is not her looks, it's her voice, she is voiced by Aoi Yuuki, she also does Futaba in p5 and Madoka and a bunch of awesome chars)

Jarrito3002

Elite Member
Jun 28, 2016
Country
United States

Oppai Loli pissese me off. If you want to be a sick fuck be a sick fuck. Don't say I like the boobs that come with maturing bodies but hate the maturing bodies part. Then again anime fans be wanting a "thicc" waifu in with a thigh gap.............. Then again anime fans will pick the most tooth pick waifu and praise her thiccness.... Anime fans were a mistake where is my Thanos button.

Well, all you have to do is google "adults that look like children" and you'll find some actors who play teenagers despite being adults:
This woman
These women:
(Yes, the person on the left is an adult)

Anyone with Turner Syndrome, a la the Law & Order episode "Clock" (Which is primarily what I was thinking of)
Anyone with Russell-Silver Syndrome

So now that you know that these people exist, does that change any of your answers?
Houseman I want to you stop. But you won't stop cause you can't stop. Like are you standing for what you believe or just pester trolling to make you feel something. But this right here all I have to say to whatever trying to do is wise old addage of "This ain't it chief".

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Houseman I want to you stop. But you won't stop cause you can't stop. Like are you standing for what you believe or just pester trolling to make you feel something. But this right here all I have to say to whatever trying to do is wise old addage of "This ain't it chief".
I'm sorry that critical thinking makes you uncomfortable.

fOx

Elite Member
Aug 26, 2017
Country
United States
Oppai Loli pissese me off. If you want to be a sick fuck be a sick fuck. Don't say I like the boobs that come with maturing bodies but hate the maturing bodies part. Then again anime fans be wanting a "thicc" waifu in with a thigh gap.............. Then again anime fans will pick the most tooth pick waifu and praise her thiccness.... Anime fans were a mistake where is my Thanos button.

I assure you, he's completely sincere. He is willing to die on this hill, for his right to be atracted to people who "appear" as children.

I'm saying that these people shouldn't be allowed near children

Status
Not open for further replies.