Status
Not open for further replies.

MrCalavera

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2020
Country
Poland
I think it is actually really easy to push Biden left. He will let Congress do it's thing. If the progressives can get it passed through congress, Biden will sign it. He is not going to oppose it if democrats manage to pass it. The BIGGEST difference between Biden and Trump, is that Biden doesn't feel the need to " meddle". He is pretty easy going. He isn't going to go out of his way to overly influence congress like Trump has. Instead, he is going to let democrats sort it out and he agree to whatever they agree to in the end. Biden isn't an "obstacle" in the way that McConnell, Trump, or the Blue Dogs are. Progressive's obstacles are in congress, rather than the white house if Biden wins.
I wouldn't be worried about Biden's "malleability" so to speak. I'd be worried about people in his administration, and his advisors.

lil devils x

🐐More Lego Goats Please!🐐
Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
I wouldn't be worried about Biden's "malleability" so to speak. I'd be worried about people in his administration, and his advisors.
I am not seeing them as having as much power as people think they will. The BIG battle OTOH is in congress to get stuff passed. The blue dogs are always a problem. That is of course if Democrats manage to get a majority in both houses. They would have to keep the house, take the senate and the white house for any of this to be an option at all.

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
I am not seeing them as having as much power as people think they will. The BIG battle OTOH is in congress to get stuff passed. The blue dogs are always a problem. That is of course if Democrats manage to get a majority in both houses. They would have to keep the house, take the senate and the white house for any of this to be an option at all.
It's because he's a puppet, sweetie.

lil devils x

🐐More Lego Goats Please!🐐
Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
I really don't even want to hear anymore about her UGH they have been showing her commercials NONSTOP here. Makes me sick of her already before we even have to deal with her. I know there is nothing they can really do to stop her being forced upon us to ruin everyone's hope for survival, but it is honestly to the point I wince at hearing her name now.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Anything except vote apparently...
I wanted Bernie to be the nominee, both in 2016 and this year. I voted for him in both the primaries, but I fully realize he wasn't gonna get it, in part because the Party didn't want him to get it and partially because the youth who support him are the least likely to show up and goddamn VOTE!

And as much as I've love to live in the universe where Bernie was running for re-election(or election), I also want to live in a world where Donald Trump is out of office forever and there's an adult in the white house who actually gives a shit about climate change and COVID-19. So that's where we are.

Last edited:

fOx

Elite Member
Aug 26, 2017
Country
United States
I think it is actually really easy to push Biden left. He will let Congress do it's thing. If the progressives can get it passed through congress, Biden will sign it. He is not going to oppose it if democrats manage to pass it. The BIGGEST difference between Biden and Trump, is that Biden doesn't feel the need to " meddle". He is pretty easy going. He isn't going to go out of his way to overly influence congress like Trump has. Instead, he is going to let democrats sort it out and he agree to whatever they agree to in the end. Biden isn't an "obstacle" in the way that McConnell, Trump, or the Blue Dogs are. Progressive's obstacles are in congress, rather than the white house if Biden wins.
This assumes that the rest of his party swings left, instead of right. Given that he chose the most right wing candidate possible for his VP, the fact that he's denounced the left multiple times during the debates, the fact that party leaders are all corporate shills, and given the fact that the democratic party has, on multiple occasions, done everything in their power to make sure that the democrats remain very, very right wing, I think it's extremely naive to think that anyone is going to push biden left. The democrats aren't leaning right because they're trying to appeal to moderate voters. They're leaning right, because the party leaders are right wing politicians themselves. They're hands aren't tied. They *want* to go further right.

Reactions: Kae and tippy2k2

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
This assumes that the rest of his party swings left, instead of right. Given that he chose the most right wing candidate possible for his VP, the fact that he's denounced the left multiple times during the debates, the fact that party leaders are all corporate shills, and given the fact that the democratic party has, on multiple occasions, done everything in their power to make sure that the democrats remain very, very right wing, I think it's extremely naive to think that anyone is going to push biden left. The democrats aren't leaning right because they're trying to appeal to moderate voters. They're leaning right, because the party leaders are right wing politicians themselves. They're hands aren't tied. They *want* to go further right.
They’re just going back to the traditional quality Dem roots

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
After Trumps disastrous 60 Minutes Interview, You have to love that Trump had his press Secretary hand Lesley Stahl a huge pile of nothing and called it a healthcare plan, that after they went through said it contained everything except a healthcare plan.
If the president can't handle a TV interview, he's sure as hell not fit to negotiate with other world leaders.

That was embarrassing. The most powerful man in the country whining to a journalist that she's asking him tough questions as if he's some sort of victim. The staggering entitlement, thinking he's above having to answer for himself and his actions.

Reactions: lil devils x

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland
If the president can't handle a TV interview, he's sure as hell not fit to negotiate with other world leaders.

That was embarrassing. The most powerful man in the country whining to a journalist that she's asking him tough questions as if he's some sort of victim. The staggering entitlement, thinking he's above having to answer for himself and his actions.
Trump is always the victim, didn't you know? He's a billionaire and the president, but he's also a huge victim because the press and democrats are mean to him. It's essentially a LYNCHING!

Reactions: Kae and Shadyside

Shadyside

Bad Hombre
Legacy
Aug 20, 2020
On top of your sister
Country
Republic of Texas
I do wonder what will happen when Donald gets reelected again. So many people are going to become an hero and there will be more riots.

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland
What will you do if Trump wins?

Who do you think will ultimately win the election?
Be depressed as fuck if it's legit.

Be very, very angry on top of that if the Supreme court somehow ends up giving him the election. So whatever the combination of "Depressed" and "Enraged" in this case. Enpressed? Deraged? Terms of Emprampagement?

Right now most of the signs are pointing to a Biden win but a 12% chance Trump pulls off another upset(assuming the stats are accurate) is 12% greater then zero(Shut up, I know 12% of 0 is 0! I'm trying to make a point).

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
The best case scenario would be Biden winning WI, MI, PA, OH, FL, AZ, and NC.
I think corona has had a huge impact on people's ability to vote. Imagine all the people that left NYC and Cali because they couldn't keep living there, and then they went back home to live with family.
Be depressed as fuck if it's legit.

Be very, very angry on top of that if the Supreme court somehow ends up giving him the election. So whatever the combination of "Depressed" and "Enraged" in this case. Enpressed? Deraged? Terms of Emprampagement?

Right now most of the signs are pointing to a Biden win but a 12% chance Trump pulls off another upset(assuming the stats are accurate) is 12% greater then zero(Shut up, I know 12% of 0 is 0! I'm trying to make a point).
It's kinda sad to see how far the consensus had gone out the window that half of the country would be so distraught their candidate lost the elections.

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
It's kinda sad to see how far the consensus had gone out the window that half of the country would be so distraught their candidate lost the elections.
When the current administration's original coronavirus plan was "we don't have to really do anything because it'll mainly affect only blue states and cities" and conservatives in general have pushed the "Real Americans (tm)" vs "others" rhetoric for decades, how could you expect anything different?

Status
Not open for further replies.