Election results discussion thread (and sadly the inevitable aftermath)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrCalavera

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2020
Country
Poland
I saw the Judges in Georgia and Michigan have thrown out Trump's lawsuits. That's infuriatingly and hysterically quick work. Average wait time for a preliminary hearing for a lawsuit is 18 month from first filing.
We have something called "electoral proceeding"(liberal translation) around here, which is basicly a legal fastlane for court rulings, specifically when it comes to electoral process.
Doesn't US have something like that too?

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
I still don't understand if Biden won Arizona or not. Fox themselves called it for him and are counting the electoral votes but everybody else just reports Dems as "leading" in Az.
Well yes and no.

Fox called it based on.......... well no-one actually really knows it's more predictions at this point.

Technically no state has officially finished counting the votes yet according to BBC news with most sitting at 99% counted.

The reason some states are being given to Biden or Trump is that said person has a lead that can't be caught up to or passed even if 100% of the remaining votes are for them.

With Arizona and a few others they're still officially in play but being predicted by the media pundits that they'll fall a certai

Why not though? People live there and those people deserve to be represented just as much as everyone else.
Because then vindictive tools can apply state laws to screw with the other party?
Trump public announcement in an hour in Las Vegas. This is tense

OH NO NO NO
Clearly some-one needs to stop him watching Sesame Street.
Count_von_Count_kneeling.png
19 minutes lets GOOOOOO

Taking bets - is he going to concede? 1:4
is he going to call fraud? 4:5
is he going to declare victory? 1:2
is he going to shoot himself on live television? 1:100
is he going to pull a late October Surprise? 1:20
He'll call for a recount

No one even knows what Nevada is going to yet Why sue them now and not later
Get in early to get the gears of the legal system moving because it's probably easier to stop them than it is to start them at a later date probably.

Also if there has been fraud (not saying there has been) it's probably best to find it even if you're the one who wins to stop it happening in future.

I think we all know that whoever announces a potential Biden victory in one of the remaining states will be doxxed to hell and back, be accused of being on Biden's payroll and then have to endure months of "patriotic" harassment from Trumpets who are mad at the traitor.
I mean it could go the other way too and result it some peaceful fires outside their home for saying Trump has won.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Gonna read all the posts written in that time, or just skip to the most recent ones?
Skip to the election map...

GOD FUCKING DAMN IT IT'S STILL GOING!

(Skipped comments.)

Godzillarich(aka tf2godz)

Get the point
Legacy
Aug 1, 2011
Cretaceous
Country
USA
That was one of the reasons why I wasn't too worried about a "coup". The republicucks would just ditch Donald the moment he lost.
Trump's is the new normal, even if we vote him out. Say what you will about trump but he unites the right, compared to left which is still only United because they hate the right. Trumps turnout has been the highest of any presidential candidate except Biden (who is the person he is running against). Trump is the new Reagan for the Republican Party

Status
Not open for further replies.