Election results discussion thread (and sadly the inevitable aftermath)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
How many times have you questioned the media narrative that this election was "the most safest and secure in history"? How many times have you questioned the media narrative of "no evidence of fraud!"?
Yah what? A: Whenever people brought evidence of what they thought is fraud.

Just because I listened to and then said that sounds circumstantial at best doesn’t mean I didn’t I didn’t question the validity of the claim

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Without meaning to derail this serious thread about important issues, but there's a fair few people claiming that the US military is losing those sorts of skills due to the nature of the wars they've been fighting for the last generation or more.
Is it weird that this has probably been one of the most on track threads, even after 150 pages?

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Just because I listened to and then said that sounds circumstantial at best doesn’t mean I didn’t I didn’t question the validity of the claim
That comment was directed at Adam Jensen. Not you.

Adam Jensen

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Because you refuse to question the media narrative or entertain the possibility that anything suspicious happened.
That's your perception. I don't need the media to tell me that nothing suspicious happened. Everything shady that did happen, happened before the election. And the GOP was behind it. The USPS sabotage being just one of the most egregious examples of attempted voter suppression.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Look at CNN attacking Smartmatic and Chavez for rigging the election.
And now they're reversing their stance saying it's just a right-wing conspiracy.

W.T.A.F?

Chavez was actually alive in 2006
Chavez is actually not alive in 2020

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Chavez is actually not alive in 2020
Is anyone claiming that Chavez rigged the election?
Seriously, communicating with you or to you is an impossible task.

This is like the dozenth time you've either made some nonsensical statement that you need to explain, or made some egregious and obvious error when reading something. Why does this keep happening? How do you make it through a normal day?

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Is anyone claiming that Chavez rigged the election?
Seriously, communicating with you or to you is an impossible task.
I’m trying to listen to this at work, I’m listening real quite. So maybe that it. This report sounds like it’s claiming that Chavez stole an election. Similar machines were used in 2004. Correct?

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
I’m trying to listen to this at work, I’m listening real quite. So maybe that it. This report sounds like it’s claiming that Chavez stole an election. Similar machines were used in 2004. Correct?
Correct. Chavez invested heavily in Smartmatic, and Smartmatic provided the rigged machines that switched the votes and won him his election.

The Dominion machines we use today have ties to that same Smartmatic company.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Correct. Chavez invested heavily in Smartmatic, and Smartmatic provided the rigged machines that switched the votes and won him his election.

Great. Is Chavez doing this?

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
Oh man of the past, for who fact checking hasn't been invented yet, fear not! We of the future have come up with a wild, crazy new invention that I must admit you'll find very uncomfortable; Fact Checking. See we in the future thought it would be both a good idea, and save us all time and embarrassment if we actually fact checked things before we said them. We were all like you once, man of the past. Saying wild things, embarrassingly unaware what we were saying had either not been proven true, or been proven not to be true.
Worry not man of the past, for we here in the future are happy to show you the ways of fact checking. Please avail yourself and let your embarrassment be lifted for now:

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
From Smartmatic's own website:

Smartmatic has only owned one election company in the US, Sequoia Voting systems. Smartmatic sold the company in 2007 to Sequoia’s management team. More than three years later Sequoia was bought by Dominion Voting Systems.
I said "The Dominion machines we use today have ties to that same Smartmatic company" and this proves the truth of that.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal

Smartmatic has only owned one election company in the US, Sequoia Voting systems. Smartmatic sold the company in 2007 to Sequoia’s management team. More than three years later Sequoia was bought by Dominion Voting Systems.
I said "The Dominion machines we use today have ties to that same Smartmatic company" and this proves the truth of that.
Smartmatic technology was used only in Los Angeles County, California in the 2020 election. The system we provided to LA County does not count, tabulate or store votes.
Oh noes, maybe California is actually RED!!!!!

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
" Smartmatic technology was used only in Los Angeles County, California in the 2020 election "

That right there is a misleading statement.

Let's say I'm a programmer employed for a company. Let's say I write the code for the company's product.
Then that company gets acquired, sold, or split up. Do they throw out all the code I wrote and start over from scratch? Unlikely, as that would be a huge waste.

So while Smartmatic can say, on paper, that they have nothing to do with Dominion, it's very unlikely that Dominion's machines contain none of Smartmatic's code.

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
Aren't there commissions and government agencies that investigate and check these machines before using them?

The Chavez story is 16 - 14 years old, I'd imagine that security upgrades and checks have been done over the past one and a half decade?

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Aren't there commissions and government agencies that investigate and check these machines before using them?

The Chavez story is 16 - 14 years old, I'd imagine that security upgrades and checks have been done over the past one and a half decade?
But they're all in on it. Even the Republicans. Especially the Republicans. Double especially the Trump loyalists.

Status
Not open for further replies.