16 year old gets playstation taken away, Kills mom with claw hammer (chair leg?)

Riccan

Oct 11, 2009
ShadowKatt said:
People can fake being sorry. It's much harder to fake being dead.
I apologize for laughing at that.

OT: This is pretty sickening, but it seems obvious that this kid wasn't completely in touch with reality.

RamirezDoEverything

Jan 31, 2010
"If I could, I would not do it again. I really miss my mom . . . she was the only person who cared for me,"

Just... people just suck.

People who can't distinguish wrong and right, or even further, real from fantasy should not be able to have such games, it's a liability to us sane people.

CatsAttackAgain

Jul 14, 2010
Torture him, retard him, destroy his voice box, put a wire on him, ship him to North Korea and watch him get tortured again.
You see this is why public execution (and torture) is a good idea.
The child was a psycopath. If the mom didn't die it would be his teacher, or a freind, or a hobo, or a child.
Do you smell that? Smells like a FOX.

Zachary Unkle

Jan 16, 2011
It's kids like these who belong in a fucking mental asylum.
Going out and murdering your mother because she took away your games.

AceAngel

May 12, 2010
Whats the kids IQ? Mental history? Father not present? School Reports?

Lets not forget one thing: Some people take refuge in games due to external stresses, this taking away of something he could hide in mentally was the breaking point for him.

I'm not giving an excuse for the actions nor supporting them, but I would like to make a point that gaming could have been the padding that was stopping this from happening everyday...until it was taken away. It's just sad that people don't see that, and instead blame games.

Chased

Sep 17, 2010
The thing that sucks about video games is that they're an easy target. When other crazy murders happen (take Jeffery Dalmer for example) it's hard to pin down what caused it. Jeffery could of been pissed one morning that the local 7 11 was out of Sprite. The fact is, it has no relevance. Making these irrelevant connections draw no conclusions about why these horrible events actual happen.

The kid didn't kill his mom 'cause he was raging about his damn video games, the kid was mentally ill and had serious problems rooted far deeper than what we will ever now.

s0denone

Apr 25, 2008
Sickening.
Kid is probably better off being put to permanent sleep. Fucking psychopath.

WorldCritic

Apr 13, 2009
... This story doesn't put me in the mood to make a joke, not even a sarcastic comment. It's just sad.

bob-2000

Jun 28, 2009
The poor kid... he was obviously sick, and it caused him to do something that will haunt him forever.
This will set gaming back, no doubt however.

ShadowKatt

Mar 19, 2009
Riccan said:
ShadowKatt said:
People can fake being sorry. It's much harder to fake being dead.
I apologize for laughing at that.

OT: This is pretty sickening, but it seems obvious that this kid wasn't completely in touch with reality.
Never apologise for having a sense of humor, even a twisted one.

I'm just getting tired of hearing about these stories over and over again, "Mom/Dad takes Playstation/Xbox/Nintendo, Kid Kills Mom/Dad." seriously, what the fuck is up with people these days? Blaming it on video games is silly. There's no evidence to support it, and video games are no different than movies in terms of violence. But lately there have been a shitload of these cases of violence OVER games, and I just have to ask what the hell is wrong with people and where are we going wrong?

I tend to believe that it's because we stopped beating our kids. This kid should never have even THOUGHT about hitting his mother with a hammer. He should have been thinking about how if she caught him how HE was going to die at her bare hands. What happened to the times when kids feared their parents? I remember being afraid of mine when I fucked up. I got whipped with a belt on more than one occasion, but I learned my lesson. I think it's time to start beating these kids into another incarnation, and then all these parents they killed can be waiting for them in hell to kill them again when they get there.

linkvegeta

Dec 18, 2010
If it was a PS2 then I sympathize with the kid. Nobody touches my PS2!
If it was a PS3 then the kid is a moron and needs to go to juvy.

But really, I think it has more to the story than the kid having a gaming addiction. anger problem maybe.

AceAngel

May 12, 2010
I would like to know why many people in this thread aren't receiving the ban-hammer. No offense to anyone...no wait...

I actually want to offend people, making jokes about the kid and mother with sarcastic undertones is uncalled for and screams of cretin-bovine-IQ-depraved-behavior, in which said people deserve to be punched in the stomach then spat on.

Honestly, don't some of you have shame?

Kaland

Jan 22, 2011
I hear you , WorldCritic, this kind of news just makes you depressed. Poor mother, gives birth to and raises her son only to be murdered and mutilated after 16 years. I hope it was as painless as possible. This poor boy belongs in a mental asylum :/.

spartan1077

Aug 24, 2010
teh_Canape said:
fuck the playstation, man, the kid was a walking timebomb

[sub]shall I say, a bob-omb? OH THE WITTYNESS[/sub]

my point still stands, the kid was a fucking psycho, taking away the playstation was not what angered him and made him kill his mother, it was just the, uh, "give me a reason" thing

like a trigger or something like that =P
Romidude said:
Radeonx said:
Well, that sucks.
We should probably keep him away from Bulletstorm, though. We don't want him turning into a murderer and a rapist.
I love your posts, keep 'em coming.

OT: Blame the kids anger/mental issues, not the games.
Both these guys hit it right on the nose. This kid is a sociopathic genius psycho! He was bound to do something irrational at the slightest reason. Poor family, but not sympathy for the kid.