16 year old gets playstation taken away, Kills mom with claw hammer (chair leg?)

Quaidis

Jun 1, 2008
I am truly disturbed by this one, and I only read what the poster wrote, not the article.

This is going to give me nightmares.

Okay, Capcha, that was cheap. dgufifgu fün. I went to the num pad to type in my proper ü and didn't have numlock on. Then I was pulled off the page and lost my post. That's cruel. Cruel indeed.

Vykrel

Feb 26, 2009
Tharwen said:
Fuuuck...

Wow. I feel both enraged at and sorry for him at the same time.

[sub]Also, can we leave the imminent 'games don't cause violence waaah' comments out of this thread please?[/sub]
well...they dont. i know im doing the opposite of what you want, but the fact is that the kid would have killed is mom if she took ANYTHING away that he liked just as much.

he probably would have chopped her into bits if she took away his masturbation privileges

Zannah

Jan 27, 2010
First a thread about pregnancy, and now this :| I need to get me some hugs, before the depression kicks off fullscale >.<

Lullabye

Oct 23, 2008
I'm thinking the problem is with the sense of entitlement people today feel. Just conjecture, but from what I've seen and experienced, people can get reaaaaalllly wound up over material objects like DVD players, T.V's and yes, Game consoles. Oddly, i don't see it happening as often with/over computers.....

Sandytimeman

Brain Freeze...yay!
Jan 14, 2011
Radeonx said:
Well, that sucks.
We should probably keep him away from Bulletstorm, though. We don't want him turning into a murderer and a rapist.
Hahahaha, omg I laughed so hard for this I pretty much sure I just damned myself to hell. (you know if I actually believed in an afterlife)

But in all seriousness this is retarded, most likely the kid would have gone berserk if anything got taken away from him that he was obsessive over.

coolkirb

Jan 28, 2011
People sure are saying a lot of mean things about a kid, I'm sure he must of had some deeper psycological problems, at any rate I'm sure he does feel bad realizing his life has changed forever.

MetalGenocide

Dec 2, 2009
Nobody guessed what he was..
*puts on glasses*
..cooking-up for us.
*crowd goes: YEA..uhhhh... BOOOOO*

Thanks for giving the anti-game people in certain medias some material to work with, kid.

If he went that far, then his life must have sucked quite a bit, in addition of not being bright.

kidragakash

Oct 22, 2009
What I hate about this, is rather than the media going at it from the "What-a-spoilt-brat-threw-a-tantrum-over-confisated-thing" angle, they will hop on their "kid-killed-mum-because-of-video-game-video-games-cause-violence" cycle and ride till it's broke.

Jack the Ripper never held one in his life (unless he bumped into a Dolorian, which is unlikely). This says more about our nature than our current forms of entertainment...

If anything perhaps video games might have helped him- releasing of pent-up agression and violent anger, in a completly safe and legal outlet.

Seriously, don't blame the gun- blame the one waving it about...

Proud gekkette, and mum to mini-gamer (my 4yr old loves Sonic).

ComicsAreWeird

Oct 14, 2010
Damn, what can i say? It´s a sad situation,where nobody wins.
He definitly deserves to be punished, even if he claims temporary inanity. The fact that he tried to cremate his mother in the oven shows a lack of remorse that cant be ignored.

Nov 18, 2010
Wow... this is the kind of thing that gives media outlets like Fox fodder to keep spewing their "video games cause violence" reports. Like the industry doesn't have enough media frenzy going on about this topic to worry about. Anyway, how stupid was this kid? I know video games are fun, and you don't like them taken away, but killing is going WAY too far as a response... especially when it was most likely only going to be taken away from it for a short period of time.

nin_ninja

Nov 12, 2009
teh_Canape said:
fuck the playstation, man, the kid was a walking timebomb

[sub]shall I say, a bob-omb? OH THE WITTYNESS[/sub]

my point still stands, the kid was a fucking psycho, taking away the playstation was not what angered him and made him kill his mother, it was just the, uh, "give me a reason" thing

like a trigger or something like that =P
No more peanut butter honey!

BAM! Killing spree.

Anything obviously could have set this kid off.

Hira

Oct 17, 2010
AceAngel said:
Whats the kids IQ? Mental history? Father not present? School Reports?

Lets not forget one thing: Some people take refuge in games due to external stresses, this taking away of something he could hide in mentally was the breaking point for him.

I'm not giving an excuse for the actions nor supporting them, but I would like to make a point that gaming could have been the padding that was stopping this from happening everyday...until it was taken away. It's just sad that people don't see that, and instead blame games.
Just want to get some attention to the above post, as someone who has actually done such from age 5 to 21. The real world can be a negative and simply wrong place to some people, and if you're among one of those who finds it bearable by escaping to your own, being stopped from doing so is enough to cause any variety of anger, fear, or other extreme emotions.

Also pointing out I'm not defending this kid's case. He definitely needs punishment, but he also needs help.