2012 will be a dangerous year

RabidusUnus

Oct 7, 2009
Mayan Calender Maker ( Translated ): Dammit, I'm really tired of making dates for 3,000 years from now, fuck it. I'll finish 12-21-12, cause it's a cool pattern, but them I'm done.

the_dancy_vagrant

Apr 21, 2009
Plurralbles said:
the world has been prophesized to blow up since the dawn of man. It was predicted for a couple dates in teh 19th century, and some in the 20th. The 12th year of the 2000's is nothing special.

People will always be idiots. You can't stop them from that.
Don't forget 1666 when people throughout Europe freaked right the hell out because they thought the apocalypse was nigh. Makes me wonder in a semi-serious way if people thought that 1777 was an especially lucky year.

Doomsday prophecies have been around since there have been people. 2012 is no different than any other year.

nickd007

Mar 2, 2010
I was thinking about this the other day. I thought...what if a disconnected city (Manhattan or and island in hawaii or something) were overrun by crazy people? and they like, got rid of the ways back to other lands (bombed bridges or something) and pretty much killed whoever and took whatever they wanted. that would suck.

Uszi

Feb 10, 2008
Yoshemo said:
On top of that, it'll be the last year of Obama's term and if things keep getting crazy in America like it has been, people may be violent riots could start.(Im not saying hes good or bad, but people here in America are nuts)Anyone else here worried what may happen despite the world not blowing up?
Nah, as Obama's term winds down, people will be excited for the election. I imagine we will have the same peaceful transition of power as always. People are always complaining about how polarized and hostile our politics are, but the system has been way more polarized and way more hostile in the past.

GameOverGoblin

Feb 3, 2010
I'm worried about that what happened with Y2K will happen again. I don't understand why people kill themselves if they think the world will end anyways. I would rather die during the apocalypse then kill myself, at least then I would be able to brag to the guys up in heaven that I was killed by a giant meteor, and not by a rope or a revolver.

El Poncho

Techno Hippy will eat your soul!
May 21, 2009
People should hold an end of the world party for teh lulz.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
Pimppeter2 said:
I only worry about Earth's poles shifting and every horrible natural disaster imaginable coming together to form a Megazord of planet crushing assbeat.

(Cookie for sourceish)
Megazord got pushed into a lava pit man!

I'm wondering myself to about the masses, a woman killed herself when the collide went online so what's to stop more goons from offing themselves because of misunderstanding?

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
California breaking off and sinking into the sea, Washington state exploding and, motion-controllers being mandatory with no option to play using the standard controller. Living in DC, I will probably have to put up with floods, riots, murderers and, possible tsunamis. Who knows; by then my home could be beach-front ... and covered in ash maybe

Oilerfan92

Mar 5, 2010
12.21.12 has been disproven. Like, its not gonna happen. I was once terrified about it, but i looked it up and within a couple weeks i was the biggest sceptic that i know. Its pathetic that anyone can believe it after doing any kind of reserch.

Granted. Its not imposible that the world will end on that day, its just not any bigger than any other day. There are a couple possibilities. The super-volcano in Yellowstone or wherever might erupt, but its a mystery when. A solar flare occuring during a peak cycle of storms on the suns surface knocking out the power grids for years, but there is no proof that will happen and if it did it can be prevented, and the poles switching, but again, no proof it will happen.

The whole thing is a scam if you ask me. Science fiction writers, discredited scientists, and attention whores are using this to make money ( look on pretty much every single pro-2012 website, there is a spot that is very obvious to notice that asks for donations/ asking to buy their product.)

That being said. Its really fun to talk about it with people who do believe it. Just to hear the rediculous things they say.

DanDeFool

Elite Member
Aug 19, 2009
Pimppeter2 said:
I only worry about Earth's poles shifting and every horrible natural disaster imaginable coming together to form a Megazord of planet crushing assbeat.

(Cookie for sourceish)
GO GO MIGHTY MORPHIN' ARMAGEDDON RANGERS!

But yeah, 2012 should be an interesting year.

Best case, a whole bunch of idiots march into the sea, and we get to divvy up their stuff.

Worst case, the pole shift leaves us exposed to cosmic radiation which kills all our electronics. Right back to the steam age, if the resulting panic doesn't push us all the way back to the Medieval era.

DanDeFool

Elite Member
Aug 19, 2009
GameOverGoblin said:
I'm worried about that what happened with Y2K will happen again. I don't understand why people kill themselves if they think the world will end anyways. I would rather die during the apocalypse then kill myself, at least then I would be able to brag to the guys up in heaven that I was killed by a giant meteor, and not by a rope or a revolver.
I always said I wanted the world-ending meteor to hit me in the face.

Then I read that the infrared radiation from the (re-?)entry heat would burn me to cinders before the rock even got close to the surface.

But if I had an asbestos suit, I'd probably survive long enough to at least be crushed by the pressure wave.

Oilerfan92

Mar 5, 2010
FTR: if anyones worried/ wondering about the pole shift theory, i found this website that debunks pretty much every major 2012 theory.

http://www.2012hoax.org/start

Magnetic Pole shift: http://www.2012hoax.org/magnetic-pole-shift

Rotational pole shift: http://www.2012hoax.org/rotational-pole-shift

SupabadMan

Feb 26, 2010
MiracleOfSound said:
In 2012, all the PS3s on the network will simulataneously stop working.

Oh... hang on...
Then come back from the dead and save humanity from themselves, then join his heavenly father 40 days after its resurrection.

Yeah. It's definitely a year to look forward to.

Zani

May 14, 2008
Aby_Z said:
Hey, if people decide to commit mass suicide because they actually believe that crackpot theory then I think we're likely better off without them here.
Exactly my thoughts, they would actually help mankind as a whole, removing themselves from the gene-pool.

Anyway, I just plan on skulking around on the internet that day, to see if people are actually going crazy.