22 y/o too old for pokemon?

sneak_copter

Nov 3, 2008
Well, I still play Animal Crossing and i'm 20. So, yeah, that's WAY more embarasing than Pokemon.

TheEvilDuck

Mar 18, 2009
Sevre90210 said:
Gitsnik said:
Pokemon is a strangely addictive RPG.
It's the music. Turn the game off for a few days and you can still hear it. At least for Pokemon Blue and Red and Yellow (all of which I, as a 22 year old male, still play).
I haven't played a pokemon game in a few months and I can still hear the PokeCenter theme in my head.
No. :p

I love Pokemon.

And now I have the Pokecenter theme stuck in my head! GAH!

Spider Expert

Mar 6, 2009
In common social situations:

0-12: Okay to like Pokemon
13-16: Not okay to like Pokemon
16+: It's cool to like Pokemon

That's how it works.

RetiarySword

Apr 27, 2008
You should be ok. If a guy starts on his own, its pathetic. If a bunch of people start for laughs, its ok. If a girl starts, its cute.

Da_Schwartz

Jul 15, 2008
As long as you play with other 22year olds. And not at your local comic or game shop with a bunch of 10-15 year olds. Then to each there own. Game on.

The_Rev

Mar 26, 2009
I graduated college before many of you were born, so let's just say I've had a few years of gaming under the (expanding) belt. =)

Anyway, never worry about being too old to play games you love. Screw anyone who tells you otherwise. If your 30 and living in your parents basement, then maybe you need to fix some other aspects of your life. But if you take care of the ones you love, do good work, and be responsible in life, then enjoy the games, man. Seriously.

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
My wife is 22. She loves Pokemon and has been playing the series since she was ten. She's also been reading Harry Potter since that series started out, and when I kid her about it she says something to the effect of "grandfather clause"---if you've been following something since childhood, you get to stick with it as an adult. Since I was 19 when Pokemon first came out I never got into it.

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
I'm 19 and I still go back and play Pokemon sometimes. I don't think there's anything wrong with that as long as you don't become obsessive over it.

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
I'm only two years away from qualifying, and I still play it now and then. Hell, my whole DORM was caught in a Pokefest a week or two ago: people just played it on emulators if they didn't have gameboys with them.

Kirosilence

Nov 28, 2007
There is nothing wrong with doing something you love (Unless something you love is a crime or felony). I am 21 and I just caught the Lake Trio and am working on getting the national Dex. My friends don't comment, and when they do (Mostly my friends who don't play games) I just tell them that I enjoy this game. If they have a problem with my enjoyment of pokemon they can take it up with my *&^(*^%*^%$(&@^$)@*&#O&($&*$and suck*(^&*&^%*^$*^&#&&)(@ Until the goat *&)%^(^U*^#)&*#^)&%@)$*^&#*$ dies of a yeast infection.

xenxander

Nov 14, 2007
You're a girl - you're SUPPOSED to like Hello Kitty, Poke'mon, cute barking ringtones, and pink thing.

Though I never actually liked poke'mon ever, for those who do, hats off.