5 animes you find enjoyable.

Samurai Goomba

Oct 7, 2008
WayOutThere said:
Samurai Goomba said:
Not to mention the story structure is a complete ripoff of Minority Report, right down to the actual final villain. Replace Precogs with dream technology and there you go. And the cop's story was by FAR the better plotline, they should have cut the main story completely and went with that one.
I really don't see how you can call this a ripoff. Dream technology and pre-cog are to different plots dude. Replace one with the other and you've got very different results.
I'm not following your logic. So because they're named two different things, they're therefore different? The plotline and structure of Minority Report and Paprika are almost exactly the same, minus the police officer subplot (which is the best part of Paprika). The main villains are even the exact same. They hold the same positions in their respective organizations, are visually about the same age and only some very strange anime elements differentiate them.

You could replace precognition with dream technology in either case and have keep the stories exactly the same with very little editing (names, mostly).

Arisato-kun

Apr 22, 2009
1. Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
2. Clannad ~After Story~
3. Zan Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
4. Bakemonogatari
5. Mobile Suit Gundam 00

That's my top 5. There are many other shows I love including Code Geass and Cowboy Bebop.

TheNumber1Zero

Forgot to Remember
Jul 23, 2009
inuyasha

fullmetalachemist

paranoia agent

death note(only seen half)

mobile suit gundam 00

those are the first 5 to come to mind

Gilgamesh00

Nov 22, 2008
Death Note
Code Geass
Haruhi
Elfen Lied

Chances are you'll enjoy at least one of these even if you're not into anime.

Also I recently watched Ergo Proxy, of which story is incredibly complex and interesting, but don't watch it if you don't try to understand it.

WayOutThere

Aug 1, 2009
Samurai Goomba said:
I'm not following your logic. So because they're named two different things, they're therefore different? The plotline and structure of Minority Report and Paprika are almost exactly the same, minus the police officer subplot (which is the best part of Paprika). The main villains are even the exact same. They hold the same positions in their respective organizations, are visually about the same age and only some very strange anime elements differentiate them.

You could replace precognition with dream technology in either case and have keep the stories exactly the same with very little editing (names, mostly).
Named? Who said anything about what they're named?

You can't replace them and get the same stories. My point was that these two plots are two different to interchangable. You're only point so far is that the villians in both are similar. The simularities are superficial, these are different characters. Few things today are truly original anyway, this seems like a petty complaint to me.

No one was framed in Paprika, that was central to Minority Reports story. Dreams and the real world never collided or got confused, that was central to Paprika. These are two drasically different films.

If you're going to say one ripped the other off you're going to have to do a lot better than this.

ScarlettRage

May 13, 2009
MaxTheReaper said:
List thred bad.
Max smash puny list thred.
Graaar.

1. Code Geass.
2. Death Note.
Those are really it.
oh no not again. bad max! no smash!

mine are
1.Deathnote
2.Gravitation
3.Yu-gi-oh (if you hate it dont quote me cause i dont really care)
4.neon genesis evangelion
5.Dragon Ball/Dragon Ball Z

WayOutThere

Aug 1, 2009
Samurai Goomba said:
WayOutThere said:
Samurai Goomba said:
The main villains are even the exact same. They hold the same positions in their respective organizations, are visually about the same age and only some very strange anime elements differentiate them.
One more thing. In Paprika the villian wanted his program to end. In Minority Report the villian (I can't remember they're names off-hand) wanted his progam to continue.

Beyond the trait that villians in general share, lust for power, these are not remotely similar characters.

Tartarga

Jun 4, 2008
1. Tenngen Toppa Gurren Lagann
2. Ouran High School Host Club
3. Azumanga Daioh
4. Trigun
5. Clannad
i could watch these over and over again without getting bored

Autovon

Aug 7, 2009
Well, the only anime I enjoy is Afro Samurai and I freakin' love it. I've seen episodes from Naruto, Bleach, Death Note, Dragon Ball Z, and this one retarded one involving some kid who wanted to be a BA pirate. Can't remember the name though. I've also enjoyed Akira and The Animatrix but those are movies.

Edit: I remember now, It was One Piece.

Omikron009

May 22, 2009
I can't think of 5. Anyway, most things by Hayao Miyazaki. I'm not ashamed to say that Spirited Away is my favourite movie.

leviathanmisha

Jun 21, 2009
Top 5

1. Ouran High School Host Club - I love the anime and the manga, both are so filled with randomness you just can't help it.
2. Hetalia: Axis Powers - Gah! So many cute moments! I would totally be one with Russia!
3. Vampire Knight - Starts out kinda romancy, but picks up very quickly and totally kicks ass in Vampire Knight Guilty.
4. Hellsing Ultimate - Bloodfest central, and a decent sense of humor...especially where Police Girl is concerned. Oh, and I totally want Walter to be my butler!
5. Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood - It's reworking the series and following the manga more.

Honorable Mention

Devil May Cry - Dante is pure kickass in this series, but I would have love to seen a little bit of Nero...maybe a second season is in order...

megapenguinx

Jan 8, 2009
I'm with Max, list thread bad. Also here are my choices:
Bleach
FLCL
Bobobobo
Akira
G Gundam

That's about it, although I do enjoy the occasional FMA episode.

Broady Brio

Jun 28, 2009
1. One Piece.
2. Dragonball Z/ Dragonball. (Prefer Z to be honest.)
3. Death Note.
4. Full Metal Alchemist.

Don't know any others really, that I like.