5 animes you find enjoyable.

Fallingwater

Mar 20, 2009
Cowboy Bebop, Cowboy Bebop, Cowboy Bebop, Cowboy Bebop and Cowboy Bebop.

Let's say that if any other anime ever made is rated with a mark from 1 to 10, Cowboy Bebop is somewhere around 40.

Not that there isn't anything else worth watching (the Ghost in the shell series would be a prime example), but CB flies so far above everything else it's not even funny.

LuntiX

Aug 23, 2008
1) Darker Than Black
2) Bleach
3) Gundam Wing
4) Trinity Blood
5) Hellsing

la-le-lu-li-lo

Jun 1, 2009
01. Ghost in the Shell.
02. Rurouni Kenshin & Samurai X.
03. Vampire Knight. [[small]Don't judge me![/small]]
04. Naruto. [Though I prefer the manga...]
05. Death Note.
06. Hellsing.
07. Trinity Blood.
08. Gundam Wing.
09. Samurai Champloo.
10. Paranoia Agent.
11. DBZ. [For the nostalgia... ^^]
12. Code Geass.
13. Sekirei [Hush!]
14. Ergo Proxy.
15. Full Metal Panic.
16. Samurai Deeper Kyo.
17. Xenosaga.
18. Elfen Lied.
19. Bleach [before it got really, really bad.]
20. Divergence Eve
21. This Ugly Yet Beautiful World
22. Utawarerumono
23. Yu Yu Hakasho
24. Innocent Venus [depressing as shiiiit...]
25. Tokyo Majin [[small]I won't watch the last episode! Don't want it to end!! D:[/small]]
If you disagree, kindly go fuck yourself keep it to yourself, I'm not in the mood for flaming and arguing over personal opinions.

Superlordbasil

Feb 23, 2009
1) cowboy bebop
2) cowboy bebop
3) cowboy bebop
4) cowboy bebop
5) cowboy bebop

its was awesome in every way it had great characters, great storyline, great music and no filler episodes as such like many anime i have tried

z121231211

Jun 24, 2008
I only keep a list of my top two:
Welcome to the NHK:
About Satou who's been a hikikomori (shut-in who never goes outside) for 4 years of his life and "finds out" that there's a conspiracy about the NHK which uses anime to create more hikikomori jobless otakus. His dilusions are pretty downplayed after the first episode. It starts out as a comedy and gets more serious as Satou meets some of his friends who he hasn't seen in years and finds out that they also have pretty big problems (MMORPG addict, someone who fell for a pyramid scheme, someone who's suicidal, etc.). The plot has some great twists and is the best anime I've ever seen. Watch it.

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei (So Long, Despair Sensei)
About Itoshiki Nozomu (who if you squish the kanji in his name reads as 'Despair') who is a teacher that only finds despair in life. He meets a girl that is optimistic about everything ("He wasn't trying to hang himself, he was only trying to make himself taller"). I don't really know how I would explain the comedy in the show (It's pretty dark at first but then it's about things you don't really think about later) so I won't.

3 other animes I found enjoyable:
Paranoia Agent
Samurai Champloo
Cowboy Bebop

Samurai Goomba

Oct 7, 2008
WayOutThere said:
Paprika

Pros:
-it is about discovering a new level of reality, indulging that hunger for mystery in all of us
-the final development with Chiba's character
-amazing music
-the Paprika/Chiba character dynamic (which is oddly enhanced by the fact that its never explained but just accepted by the characters)
Cons:
-ending felt like a bit of a dues ex machina
Not to mention the story structure is a complete ripoff of Minority Report, right down to the actual final villain. Replace Precogs with dream technology and there you go. And the cop's story was by FAR the better plotline, they should have cut the main story completely and went with that one. The ending was, as you said (or if you didn't, I am), a total groin-slap.

And I have no problem with featuring fat characters in a storyline prominently, or showing an example of two people being drawn to each other on the basis of what's inside them rather than outside. But when one person is so hugely obese that it would seriously impact his lifespan and future happiness, it feels unsatisfying if the story ends without him resolving to at least make an effort to live more healthily. If not for himself, then for his family. But that's more of a pet peeve of mine. Well, and I found the guy completely unlikeable on the basis of his personality. The aging cop and Paprika herself were the most interesting characters.

Samurai Goomba

Oct 7, 2008
la-le-lu-li-lo said:
01. Ghost in the Shell.
02. Rurouni Kenshin & Samurai X.
03. Vampire Knight. [[small]Don't judge me![/small]]
04. Naruto. [Though I prefer the manga...]
05. Death Note.
06. Hellsing.
07. Trinity Blood.
08. Gundam Wing.
09. Samurai Champloo.
10. Paranoia Agent.
11. DBZ. [For the nostalgia... ^^]
12. Code Geass.
13. Sekirei [Hush!]
14. Ergo Proxy.
15. Full Metal Panic.
16. Samurai Deeper Kyo.
17. Xenosaga.
18. Elfen Lied.
19. Bleach [before it got really, really bad.]
20. Divergence Eve
21. This Ugly Yet Beautiful World
22. Utawarerumono
23. Yu Yu Hakasho
24. Innocent Venus [depressing as shiiiit...]
25. Tokyo Majin [[small]I won't watch the last episode! Don't want it to end!! D:[/small]]
If you disagree, kindly go fuck yourself keep it to yourself, I'm not in the mood for flaming and arguing over personal opinions.
I've heard good things about Ergo Proxy. What's it like?

But by and large, I agree with your list (minus Naruto and DBZ and any other generic shonen action).

la-le-lu-li-lo

Jun 1, 2009
Samurai Goomba said:

But by and large, I agree with your list (minus Naruto and DBZ and any other generic shonen action).
It's beautiful, aesthetically speaking.
It's a bit of a mind-fuck though. Unless you're quite clever and good at reading between the lines, you will have no earthly clue what's going on by the end of the show. And the joke episodes, despite being obnoxious, are actually important to the storyline. And the 'weird' episodes... Well... They're really weird.

Overall, it's one of my absolute favorites. ^^

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
DemonGuy792 said:
Charli said:
4.) ...Naruto (I count this ONLY when my friends have picked apart what is filler and what is not and spoonfeeds it to me. Subtitled. The dub makes my Ears hurt.)
Believe It!
I must cleanse your soul with FIRE.

*Flamethrower*
Okay no, its not that stupid catch phrase that bugs me really, otherwise I wouldnt have been a pokemon child with the amount of stupid gimmicks they came up with, they just geniunely don't sound correct with the atmosphere of Naruto, just one of those things, I can't get into it no matter how unbiased I try to be. Naruto has dark moments buried in all the stupidity and the dub actors sound like they're trying to voice for a goofy western cartoon half the time. Not bad, but not the right tone, at least for me.

Samurai Goomba

Oct 7, 2008
la-le-lu-li-lo said:
Samurai Goomba said:

It's beautiful, aesthetically speaking.
It's a bit of a mind-fuck though. Unless you're quite clever and good at reading between the lines, you will have no earthly clue what's going on by the end of the show. And the joke episodes, despite being obnoxious, are actually important to the storyline. And the 'weird' episodes... Well... They're really weird.

Overall, it's one of my absolute favorites. ^^
Well, I understood the plot of RahXephon, which is probably more than most people can say. I'll have to give it a shot. I really like animes where everything that happens has a purpose, and there are no extraneous parts. And it doesn't have a lame cop-out Evangelion ending, does it?

Rotukai

Jun 18, 2009
Cowboy Bebop
Outlaw Star
Death Note
Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex + 2nd GIG
DBZ

la-le-lu-li-lo

Jun 1, 2009
Samurai Goomba said:
Well, I understood the plot of RahXephon, which is probably more than most people can say. I'll have to give it a shot. I really like animes where everything that happens has a purpose, and there are no extraneous parts. And it doesn't have a lame cop-out Evangelion ending, does it?
RahXephon was great. I watched about six episodes... I should finish it. ^^

I couldn't get past two episodes of Evangelion... /: So I don't know what the ending was like. I can't answer your question this way! D:

ShankHA32

May 10, 2009
Hm................. instead of choosing to edit my OP like a smart person, i have chosen the path of stupidity and will add my second anime that i enjoy here.

2. Death Note

Reasons: Well the only reason i forgot up unitl now is because i really liked the manga, but as a rule i follow [Good manga=bad anime] and i never really looked back. I have started watching the Death Note anime, and it is great. Although i think we can all agree that the first half is better than the 2nd.

As a side not on the supject of Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. WHO THE HELL DID THE WRITERS THINK THEY WERE WHEN THEY WROTE EPISODE 7-8!

Emperorpeng

Jun 29, 2009
I've only ever watched three completely.

Death Note
Neon Genesis Evangelion
FLCL

My friends have recommended Bleach, as well as Samurai Champloo, so I might give those a try.

WorldCritic

Apr 13, 2009
Code Geass, Trigun, Black Cat, Devil May Cry, and Death Note. Actually one thing that is worth noting about these picks is that none of them last more than 2 seasons so they keep it short and sweet.
I also love the Kara no Kyoukai anime movies which have an insane amount of blood you could compare it to a fountain in the castle of Count Dracula.

Darth Pope

Jun 30, 2009
No particular order here:

Trigun (Even if the animation is a little dated by today's standards.)

Non-filler Naruto. *Awaits flames*

Dragon Ball. (Immature gutter humor, but I love it.)

Dragon Ball Z *Awaits ultra flames*

Big O

Mobile Suit Gundam Wing, a true classic.

Outlaw Star

Devil May Cry. Short but sweet.

Oh wait...

ajb924

Jun 3, 2009
In order of favorite to 5th favorite
1: Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
2: FLCL
3: One Piece
4: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzimiya
5: Hitman Reborn

I like sooo many more but those are the top 5