A character you DON'T want to be.

Drakmorg

Local Cat
Aug 15, 2008
Carlos from Saints row 2. He admires and follows the Player Character to the point that he gets shanked just to meet him/her, and what does it get him?
Being dragged behind a truck on the asphalt until the only way the Player Character can help him is to put him down. Then he gets zombified, that has to suck.

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
Infernai said:
Jonluw said:
Being Dante would probably suck pretty bad, what with hell and everything.
Technically it wouldn't Suck to badly, considering your a part demon devil slayer with an excellent lineage, two guns and a sword..plus the ability to kick so much ass and just laugh in the devils face would make all of it moot. Atleast, thats just me...being dante wouldn't suck TO much.
I mentioned earlier in the thread that the Dante I referred to was Alighieri. I should probably edit my post. I apologize for the confusion. So, I don't know much about the DMC mythos, but being Dante Alighieri would definitely suck.

Life_Is_A_Mess

Sep 10, 2009
Raiden from MGS. Andronginous male... urgh.

vaderaider said:
being the mutant tree in fallout 3 would suck a lot.

Also, this one, already talked to him. I'm still diciding if I kill him to end is torment, or spread his seeds to the whole wasteland.

SideburnsPuppy

May 23, 2009
Crap. I was going to say Shinji Ikari, but if it has to be from a game...Sonic the Hedgehog, because:

A. I'd be a furry.
B. The entire gaming community no longer loves me.
C. Tails is an annoying *****, but I'd have to spend time with him anyways, and
D. I'd be a god damned furry. Seriously, did you really need the rest of that post, or was that not enough for you?

monkey_man

Jul 5, 2009
the F.E.A.R 1 guy. i would shit my pants if an entire squad would die spraying blood around the place, and suddenly a guy goes *poof* it's gone ;(
and Alma ofcourse *shudders*

Insignia19

Sep 1, 2009
Either of the Carmines from Gears of War. Especially the 2nd one, nothing sucks more than falling into the belly of a massive worm and getting slowly eaten away by stomach acid.

Berserker119

Dec 31, 2009
seminoob said:
The adoring fan.

throwing that guy off of dive rock is a mandatory requierment for anyone who has oblivion.
WHAT. I loved that guy. He was my best friend until he decided he wanted to help shut down an oblivion gate. Poor, poor Adoring fan.

I wouldn't want to be anybody that isn't the main character in any Rockstar game. They all seem to meet horrible, horrible deaths.

Colodomoko

Feb 22, 2008
Anyone who runs away instead of grabing the nearest weapon and bashing or shooting the guy whose chasing them. I know your aiming for true survival horror, but give the protagonist a little common sense at least.

Ulquiorra4sama

Saviour In the Clockwork
Feb 2, 2010
TriggerHappyAngel said:
Being The Great Deku Tree would suck ... you can't move, you're sick, and a screaming kid goes around slashing at everything inside you D:
That one really made me laugh, but i agree. NPC's must have the worst lives of all.

As for a MAIN character i wouldn't want to be i think i have to go with Donkey Kong. First point is because all he does is done for the purpose of retrieving or gathering bananas. Second is his annoying side-kick. Third is the fact that everything except a few other chimps, gorillas and whatnot in the jungle try to kill him. (Like how everything in space is trying to kill Mario, but at least Mario has an awesome brother that makes up for the repulsive dinosaur and the walkin', talkin' mushrooms)

BoxCutter

Jul 3, 2009
pakker said:
Anyone from Silent Hill... Now that would suck badly >.>
Agreed, everyone of those individuals is tormented and damned in one way or another, I would rather not be a tragic figure if avoidable.

Kakkoi

Jun 14, 2010
Big Daddy from Bioshock. Poor guy gets killed for doing what he was made for!

Kuranesno7

Jun 16, 2010
The main character from Call of Cthulhu: Dark corners of the earth since you get so freaked out you hng yourself by the end of the game

any character in a Warhammer 40k game.
you either become possessed by extra dimensional demons and turned into a cenobite essentially, become a brain washed conscript for never ending war against monsters that are at least twice your size, get your soul eaten by psychic immortals, forced into machinery to keep fighting, or get sent to eternal torment by a menagerie of Lovecraftian deities, or get shot, stabbed to death, or get torn to peices and dismembered, and those last three are if you are lucky.

Vrex360

Badass Alien
Mar 2, 2009
Any generic faceless soldier in a suit of armor. This is especially true in the case of games like Prototype where the sole reason (for design anyway) that the soldiers dress like that is so you can't empathise with them and thus have no guilt about relentlessly killing them in the thousands.

Reg5879

Jan 8, 2009
Sinclose said:
Kratos. I'm serious, he may be skilled and damn near invincible, but he has too many torments and deaths on his conscience.
You refuse the power to kill a god?

OT: For me, I would not like to be Cloud Strife for the simple reason I would not like to spend all day in the bathroom trying to fix my hair.