A city you would like to see a game set in

Divine Miss Bee

Feb 16, 2010
i'd like to see a game set in my hometown of chicago, IL, US. if it's good enough for batman, it's good enough for video games.

AgDr_ODST

Cortana's guardian
Oct 22, 2009
I don't know what you'd do in such a game but I would love to see an open world title set in Jerusalem, Israel just so I could explore the city before I eventually make a real world visit. Also that would mean east Jerusalem(ie the muslim side) would be opened up for exploration I'd go over thier and destroy that "sacred" mosque that is so important to the muslims just to see how the game world would react to my actions

Jun 26, 2009
More games should be set in rural England or towns in England but now not in the past would be quite good for instance Weston Super Mare but for a city...
more should be based in london...
Bath, Bristol mainly any major British city...

Dango

Feb 11, 2010
minimacker said:
*Rubs chin* Somewhere in Canada...

"I'm aboot to kill you... eh."
"How aboot we discuss it over a cold beer and then play hockey, eh?"

ogreloot

Mar 27, 2010
I grew up in north NJ, ten miles from Manhattan. I moved to Salt lake City Utah 11 years ago, and have since moved back to NJ. Well, I would like to see SLC in a game, so I can catch some mormons on fire....

Tom Phoenix

Mar 28, 2009
Are we talking about actual cities or fictional ones?

While we are on the subject of "which city would be awesome for something like GTA", I think Melbourne would be a good local (although I don't actually live in Australia). One, beacuse it's an exotic, unexplored location and two, beacuse it tends to be ignored compared to Sydney.

Also, a Belgrade expansion pack for GTA IV would be sweet.

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
San Diego, California. Just for the novelty. Having the setting of an open-world game stretch from Point Loma to San Ysidro to Mission Valley would be plenty big enough, I think.

All we have right now is that one Tony Hawk game that apparently let motherfucking copycatting assholes skateboarders into Balboa Park, featuring the Alcazar gardens. We just finished repairing the fountains recently, and I would hope security is under standing orders to shoot first paying more attention to enforcing the "no skateboarding" rule in the park.

Airsoftslayer93

Minecraft King
Mar 17, 2010
Dahni said:
Glasgow, Scotland.

A game that is GTA-styled would be immense in Glasgow.
or one of those True Crime games?

We're the murder capital of Europe for crying out loud! We've got drugs galore, crime all over the place, we've got nice bits and we've got downright shitty bits. We've got gangs too. Plus, for most non-Scottish people, our accents are bloody terrifying! What could be scarier than a burly Scottish junkie holding a knife to your throat?

Nah but seriously, I do think Glasgow would be a pretty good setting for a game like that.
I was going to say glasgow,

probably london then, you get very few in london whcich is disappointing

Xeros

Aug 13, 2008
I'd like to see post-apocalyptic Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. I want to rummage through the ruins of my own neighborhood.

Airsoftslayer93

Minecraft King
Mar 17, 2010
Woodsey said:
Norwich, England.

You know it makes sense.
ahh but only if there was a complete simulation of the pedestrianisation of norwich city center, got to love alan partridge

Fox242

El Zorro Cauto
Nov 9, 2009
How about Chicago? I don't see too many games based there. I would love to see a game titled "Grand Theft Auto: Windy City" that would take place in the greatest city in the Midwest. I don't know why so many games have to be based in New York City. Chicago has its own feel and culture to it. There's plenty of stuff you could do GTA style in Chicago like tool around Navy Pier, have a boat chase through the Chicago River and Lake Michigan, help one of the many sports teams win a championship by legal and illegal means, fly planes out of O'Hare and Midway, buy the Sears Tower (I refuse to call it the Willis Tower) and the John Hancock building and a deep dish pizza joint and make a shit ton of money. Why not give the City of Big Shoulders a little love?

maddawg IAJI said:
Boston would be pretty good in my opinion. Who wouldn't want to run through Fenway park in a shooter? You could use the Green Monster as a sniping spot.
That would be freakin' awesome, as long as we are dealing foreign invaders or an assassination of a corrupt, treasonous politician.