A city you would like to see a game set in

Buddahcjcc

Sep 22, 2008
Chernobyl... Seeing it as it is, desolate, empty. Id like to walk into a house thats been abandoned for however long, and see the plates still on the table, as the people got out of there so fast they had to leave everything of theirs behind. I think wandering through a modern ruin like that would be neat.

Boston would be cool too; with the huge underground tunnels they have now

Airsoftslayer93 said:
probably london then, you get very few in london whcich is disappointing
I can think of one but everyone hated it; Hellgate: London

dcdude171

Oct 16, 2009
i was thinking of a game set in boston that plays off the seperation of the nationalys the italian north end , irish southy

12capital

Feb 1, 2010
I think Montreal would be a neat place. It has big buildings then it also has slums that are so tight packed you could parkour around it for hours.

Buddahcjcc

Sep 22, 2008
KILLERTHING said:
S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow of chernobyl got there first
Ah, see, never played it lol

Whoever mentioned Prague, I think there are two, but I cant remember the second, but ONE of the Vampire games was set in Prague (or part was)

i was thinking of a game set in boston that plays off the seperation of the nationalys the italian north end , irish southy
Boondock Saints anyone?

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Fox242 said:
How about Chicago? I don't see too many games based there. I would love to see a game titled "Grand Theft Auto: Windy City" that would take place in the greatest city in the Midwest. I don't know why so many games have to be based in New York City. Chicago has its own feel and culture to it. There's plenty of stuff you could do GTA style in Chicago like tool around Navy Pier, have a boat chase through the Chicago River and Lake Michigan, help one of the many sports teams win a championship by legal and illegal means, fly planes out of O'hare and Midway, buy the Sears Tower (I refuse to call it the Willis Tower) and the John Hancock building and a deep dish pizza joint and make a shit ton of money. Why not give the City of Big Shoulders a little love?
Ironically, our beloved Chicago is often the "disposable Metropolis" for when a game or movie needs somewhere important to hit, but not so important as to change the scene.
Meteors..nukes...plague...(EDIT: Killer robots...) in everything from literature to movies to shows.

How seldom is the actual city now used as the setting for the plot.
Downtown actually looks great compared to 10 years ago. (EDIT: For better wording)

runnernda

Feb 8, 2010
Xeros said:
I'd like to see post-apocalyptic Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. I want to rummage through the ruins of my own neighborhood.
I agree with Philladelphia, although maybe not post-apocalyptic. The only game I know that gave Philly any love was Tony Hawk, and all they did was mash Love Park and FDR Park together. Philly is big, diverse and has lots of history.

KILLERTHING

Nov 13, 2009
Atmos Duality said:
Fox242 said:
How about Chicago? I don't see too many games based there. I would love to see a game titled "Grand Theft Auto: Windy City" that would take place in the greatest city in the Midwest. I don't know why so many games have to be based in New York City. Chicago has its own feel and culture to it. There's plenty of stuff you could do GTA style in Chicago like tool around Navy Pier, have a boat chase through the Chicago River and Lake Michigan, help one of the many sports teams win a championship by legal and illegal means, fly planes out of O'hare and Midway, buy the Sears Tower (I refuse to call it the Willis Tower) and the John Hancock building and a deep dish pizza joint and make a shit ton of money. Why not give the City of Big Shoulders a little love?
Ironically, our beloved Chicago is often the "disposable Metropolis" for when a game or movie needs somewhere important to hit, but not so important as to change the scene.
Meteors..nukes...plague...in everything from literature to movies to shows.

How seldom is the actual city now used...and downtown actually looks great now compared to even 10 years ago.
You can add killer robot invasion to that list

piratesas

Jan 28, 2009
Buddahcjcc said:
KILLERTHING said:
S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow of chernobyl got there first
Ah, see, never played it lol

Whoever mentioned Prague, I think there are two, but I cant remember the second, but ONE of the Vampire games was set in Prague (or part was)
First one was partially set in Prague I think. The second one was Los Angeles IIRC.

And my vote goes to Amsterdam, because I live there and to be honest we see enough American cities in games. Old school European with roads so small you couldn't turn your car without crashing into someone's living room.

Brainst0rm

Apr 8, 2010
theaceplaya said:
There are a good amount of games set in/based on New York City. Now, I understand why, New York is large, diverse and has numerous landmarks that are instantly recognizable. But, seriously, the ENTIRE WORLD is at your disposal. There are plenty of cities and other areas that just ooze with character.

I'm from Houston, TX, I'd love to see an open world type game set here. I think zipping around Downtown and dodging traffic on I-45 would be awesome. Not to mention punching a hobo along US 59. Always wanted to do that. Anyone else have a favorite city/ area that they'd love to see digitized?
DUDE! I'm from Houston too. I would love to see a game set here :) Although it really couldn't be a Shooter...all the space marines in their heavy armor would probably die of heat stroke xD

Dahni

Lemon Meringue Tie
Aug 18, 2009
Airsoftslayer93 said:
Dahni said:
Glasgow, Scotland.

A game that is GTA-styled would be immense in Glasgow.
or one of those True Crime games?

We're the murder capital of Europe for crying out loud! We've got drugs galore, crime all over the place, we've got nice bits and we've got downright shitty bits. We've got gangs too. Plus, for most non-Scottish people, our accents are bloody terrifying! What could be scarier than a burly Scottish junkie holding a knife to your throat?

Nah but seriously, I do think Glasgow would be a pretty good setting for a game like that.
I was going to say glasgow,

probably london then, you get very few in london whcich is disappointing
KILLERTHING said:
GLASGOW!!

As has been mentioned it would be great for a GTA game
I love how I ninja'd you two, plus various others.

It's a rare moment that I properly get to ninja people.
:D

paragon1

Dec 8, 2008
I'd like to see one in Charleston, SC. All the old buildings and historical sites, broad streets, the mixture of the old and the new... I think it'd be a great setting.

Ironic Pirate

May 21, 2009
AvsJoe said:
I'd like a game set in Detroit, USA that also has some sections taking place in Windsor, Canada (the two cities are farting distance from each other). Preferably a GTA-type game.
There's a Windsor in Canada?

I wonder if it's like Bizzarro World of where I live (well, the closest town) with Canadian versions of everyone I know...

Pyonyang.

Would be interesting.

Ponch

Mar 31, 2010
How about... uh... Brownsville? Or some other city closer to where I live?
I'd love to go galavanting around the Rio Grande Valley causing mayhem.

spectrenihlus

Feb 4, 2010
Ironic Pirate said:
AvsJoe said:
I'd like a game set in Detroit, USA that also has some sections taking place in Windsor, Canada (the two cities are farting distance from each other). Preferably a GTA-type game.

I wonder if it's like Bizzarro World of where I live (well, the closest town) with Canadian versions of everyone I know...

Pyonyang.

Would be interesting.
Mercenaries did Pyongyang

blew up that damn eysore of a hotel many a time.

Ironic Pirate

May 21, 2009
spectrenihlus said:
Ironic Pirate said:
AvsJoe said:

Pyonyang.

Would be interesting.
Mercenaries did Pyongyang

blew up that damn eysore of a hotel many a time.

Totally forgot! Never finished that game, the chinese guy was always yelling at me...

teutonicman said:
Pyongyang, maybe a SIMS game.....HA!
It's spreading!

Kuchinawa212

Apr 23, 2009
Ehhh ya know, Wisconsin would be a goood place for a vide-er game, dontcha know? Ya you can use cheese as a power-em-up or what ever ya call em now a-days